KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen Trailer & Discussion *Possible Spoiler Orgy*

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen Trailer & Discussion *Possible Spoiler Orgy*
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I bet that real Devastator (above), would kick Bay Movie Devastator's ass assembly into oblivion.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 05:28 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I bet that real Devastator (above), would kick Bay Movie Devastator's ass assembly into oblivion.

But, wouldn't that Devastator have a hard time moving? He looks just like the action figure, meaning his limbs have only a set amount of movement.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 11:44 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

He'd obviously be jointed with the all the little connectors that the toy didnt have.

They never moved like the toy in the comic or cartoons... Cause the TFs were more complicated physically than their compartively minute toy versions.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 11:52 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Haha, I'd always imagine that if Bay did do TF's like that one, he would make the joints just like the toys had.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 11:55 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah.... he has demonstrated f**ktard imagination skills.

He just wanted his own trademarked designs.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 02:07 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Pretty much. However, this movie universe is alright imo, I'd watch the movies and whatnot simply because it's completely different than G1.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 02:58 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well the Optimus Prime I knew wasnt a JarJar like goof stumbling in gardens hiding from parents and excusing himself with braindead statements like "My bad". That is why the mvie sucked. The lack of respect for the characters overall. Instead you get a movie about Hot chicks, Anthony Anderson, Shia Lebouf's awkward teen problems..and the military....occasionally you get some characters turn up who shared the name of much beloved characters, who now totally against the character's nature, tortures humans for information by pissing hot oil on them.... shifty That loses me alllllll sympathy for that version of Bumblebee when he is tortured.

Its a bad movie for so many more reasons that its non-g1ness.

May the second be MUCH better....

But given Devastator has f***ing monocycle wheels on the firm, its not the best start.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Feb 24th, 2009 at 03:27 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 03:21 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Haha, that's quite a mouthful. I'm sure this next one might be abit better. I'm hoping like the Empire Strikes Back of the TF's trilogy, I hope this film ends on a bad note, and a downright downer for all the good guys.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 04:56 AM
vandalworks

my thoughts about the first film were very much a rollercoaster. everytime the effects kicked in i thought it was the best film ever made. every time the transformers talked or there was a humanity overload, it was horrible to watch.

the transformers werent in it nearly enough for my liking, the original way it was done was all about the transformers and them adapting to earth. this, seems how its humanitys adapating to them. which is completely wrong. i'm not too enamoured with bays story either, its not as alien to g1 as some may think, as not all the g1 story was ever detailed in the cartoon. however it why change it if you cant improve it?

i have seen a qoute from nay and he has said that the robots will get more character, which is something, and the effects look absolutely amazing.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 03:07 PM
vandalworks is currently offline Click here to Send vandalworks a Private Message Find more posts by vandalworks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Scythe
Haha, that's quite a mouthful. I'm sure this next one might be abit better. I'm hoping like the Empire Strikes Back of the TF's trilogy, I hope this film ends on a bad note, and a downright downer for all the good guys.

What Ive read would reflect that...you might be quite pleased with this, then.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 04:11 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by vandalworks
my thoughts about the first film were very much a rollercoaster. everytime the effects kicked in i thought it was the best film ever made. every time the transformers talked or there was a humanity overload, it was horrible to watch.

the transformers werent in it nearly enough for my liking, the original way it was done was all about the transformers and them adapting to earth. this, seems how its humanitys adapating to them. which is completely wrong. i'm not too enamoured with bays story either, its not as alien to g1 as some may think, as not all the g1 story was ever detailed in the cartoon. however it why change it if you cant improve it?

i have seen a qoute from nay and he has said that the robots will get more character, which is something, and the effects look absolutely amazing.

I agree pretty much 100% with this.

Nice one.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 04:13 PM
vandalworks

cheers my love.

it was such a strange feeling walking out of the cinema.... wow, that was incredible... hang on... was it? ARGH!!!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 02:12 AM
vandalworks is currently offline Click here to Send vandalworks a Private Message Find more posts by vandalworks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ctsketch

That wheelie one IS one of the constructicons. It forms the torso of devastator... that bot is gonna be huge!

http://screenrant.com/transformers-...tures-rob-5551/

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 01:27 PM
ctsketch is currently offline Click here to Send ctsketch a Private Message Find more posts by ctsketch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yes. Its scavenger.
The footage in the secondtrailer shows the full devastator, by the looks of the colours and size of the arms.

So it looks like he can transform from weird drum headed/bug faced long arm Devastator into weird drum headed/bug faced long arm devastator........ with a shit wheel.

In fact, from this moment..... I will only refer to Bay Devastator as:
"Shitwheel".

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Feb 25th, 2009 at 05:59 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 05:56 PM
vandalworks

i dont actually mind the look of devastater. lets be honest, they're not going t make the robots look like how the should so mite as well get used to it and hope they're different looking enough to not have to acknowledge them as the proper ones.

i'm still hoping theres some billionaire out there who wants to make a proper transformers film, sod coming to earth start off where it all began.

primus.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 06:07 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Get used to it...?

Id rather not, and mock it.

I can't start to like it 'just because its there'.

Otherwise they keeep getting away with it, and theres no outrage that inspires billionaires to make that essential remake.

Thank f**k, for example that they rebooted Batman and The Hulk.
Best thing they coulda done. In both cases they were born from the ashes of some utterly messed up franchises.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 06:32 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I've liked everything about the transformer parts of the movie(s) so far. For a story about giant transforming robots doing battle it makes an acceptable amount of sense. As much as I loved the old G1 style, I couldn't see it in a film. I mean, look at the Devastator picture. Sure, it's cool and tickles my nostalgia but I wouldn't want to see those big 80's grandma sunglasses, terran design, and lime green paint job in a movie.

Speaking of Devastator, I'm not so sure that's him in the trailer. His arms are identical to each other, and in each shot, which leads me to believe it's one machine that split down the middle.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 05:39 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Their colour is the colour of the combined form, and also, the "Hands" look the same as "Devastator's".

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 08:14 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah some of the colours would'nt work in a live action movies it would be like watching a Joel Shumacher Batman movie.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 08:37 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

If the military vehicles were coloured like that in RL, Bay would let it be.

Starscream worked a lot better on screen in the 86 movie, than this...
As did Megatron.
Bays excuse about works on screen is bullshit. Absolute bullshit.

And you wouldnt want Devastator to look his true colours, yet you approve of Ratchet and his piss green Schumacherism....?

Are you telling me that red, blue and chrome wouldnt have worked while orange and blue with stupid, stupid flames do...?

Its not just the constructicons.
Bay/Bay's people want his/their own money spinning trademarked designs.

(Saves paying the guys who created the concept originally, meanwhile the movie gets support from the cars/military vehicles it advertises.)

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 05:22 PM