KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Your Virgin Eyes!

Your Virgin Eyes!
Started by: FLEX HECTIC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sweersa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Daft Ada
My family rented the first film back in 1983, I was 3. I have never looked back, although I have never forgiven my parents for not ensuring that I was born just 5 or 6 years sooner.

Hehe, oh well. What can you do? lol

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 11:47 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sue!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 01:07 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by queeq
Sue!

lol Maybe in your country.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 09:01 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

No, not in my country. We don't have that privilige. wink

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 07:30 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

No, not in my country. We don't have that privilige. wink

Hehe, but you do many others, besides owning hand or shotguns if I am not misaken lol

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 11:47 AM
queeq
Chaos

Nope. Not allowed here. That's Belgium.

In fact, we're not allowed anything. Unless we pay taxes, then we're allowed to do something.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 04:17 PM
sweersa

Nope. Not allowed here. That's Belgium.

In fact, we're not allowed anything. Unless we pay taxes, then we're allowed to do something.

Interesting. In America we get pretty cool rights most of the time. We can even have fully automatic weapons usually if we can pay for the weapons and then the tax as well as the license.

But semi-automatic assault weapons work just fine, fully auto is more for police and military anyways, and those who wish to wa$te ammo.

Of course our rights to bear arms isn't for hunters, it is for self defense, and to maintain a free state. Plus they are fun.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 08:00 PM
queeq
Chaos

You self defend yourself a lot lately?

Free state? I though the anti-terrorist act just took about all your freedom away.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 10:27 PM
Darth Balek
Editor

Sue!

If you know of a good lawyer, I am all ears!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Darth Balek a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Balek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

You self defend yourself a lot lately?

Free state? I though the anti-terrorist act just took about all your freedom away.

Not yet, but I have means in case I have to do so.

Just took my phone privacy away, not that I care. If the government wants to listen to my movie and Star Wars talk to my friends that is okay, lol.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 01:06 AM
queeq
Chaos

So what dangers surround you that don't seem to be around in Europe?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 09:13 AM
sweersa

So what dangers surround you that don't seem to be around in Europe?

Nothing, danger and terrorism are everywhere.

Our government monitors some phone conversations to try to weed out and get terrorists operating in the States. I don't see why else they would do it, I assume they only monitor suspected terrorists.

I don't care if they listen to me, I am not a terrorist anymore.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 11:01 PM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

The US is so full of fear...

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 07:51 AM
sweersa

laughing out loud

The US is so full of fear...

Hehe, I can understand why people are packing in the cities, considering our murder rates are through the roof when compared to some parts of Europe. Why is that? I honestly would love to have a real unbiased answer as to why so many Americans kill Americans.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 11:50 AM
queeq
Chaos

Because they are all afraid of each other?

And if so, for no apparant reason. My brother moved to Tenessee a couple of years ago and he too carries a gun in his car all of a sudden, out of fear of thugs that may attack him somewhere. His new wife, American, also carries a gun. We asked them if they ever experienced some kind of attack or robbery, or even someone close. The answer was "no... but you never know who's out there to harm you." With an attitude like that, pretty much a very US attitude, you'll always consider everyone (or even every country) a potential hostile. In my opinion, it kinda makes the American a liability...

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 12:15 PM
sweersa

Because they are all afraid of each other?

And if so, for no apparant reason. My brother moved to Tenessee a couple of years ago and he too carries a gun in his car all of a sudden, out of fear of thugs that may attack him somewhere. His new wife, American, also carries a gun. We asked them if they ever experienced some kind of attack or robbery, or even someone close. The answer was "no... but you never know who's out there to harm you." With an attitude like that, pretty much a very US attitude, you'll always consider everyone (or even every country) a potential hostile. In my opinion, it kinda makes the American a liability...

It is really hard to say. I have never needed to protect myself with a firearm, I happen to live in a good, safe area. But in the city, I would carry for sure with all the crime that happens in the hood.

I would feel more comfortable with a firearm in my hands than a telephone with the police on the other end if someone is breaking into my house, personally. Where I live I feel safe so a firearm isn't really necessary as I am not in any danger where I live, but in some cities, I would have one.

Again, I don't know why the crime rate here is so bad, it could be that way for a number of reasons, but as long as the crime exists, people will fight it in any way they can, and have a right to do so if the feel they are in danger.

Guns are tools, and equalizers. People will always kill each other, certain tools just make it easier. We all have a right to defend ourselves.

Do I need a gun? No, not here, if I ever bought one it would be for sport/range, they are fun, believe me shooting a 9mm at objects a hundred yards away is a blast. I don't hunt, I don't hurt people or commit crimes, I would just have fun shooting at a controlled range and at some private helicopters.

My crowbar is all I need for self defense, hahaha.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 09:43 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, I felt Michale Moore made a good point in Bowling for Columbine. It's rather amazaing that he states all news reports in the US start with some crime report, a mugging, a robbery, criminals getting arrested. I just spent two weeks in the US and it struck me how right he was. No country I know starts the news with some petty local news, they always start with the BIG news. Be it national or international, something that bears relevance to all.

So being made aware that way that crime appears to be everywhere doesn't strike me as a healthy attitude for a population. If you see threats everywhere, or made to feel they are everywhere, you get a little on edge.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 10:31 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I was raised on this boxed set:

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 11:11 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Well, I felt Michale Moore made a good point in Bowling for Columbine. It's rather amazaing that he states all news reports in the US start with some crime report, a mugging, a robbery, criminals getting arrested. I just spent two weeks in the US and it struck me how right he was. No country I know starts the news with some petty local news, they always start with the BIG news. Be it national or international, something that bears relevance to all.

So being made aware that way that crime appears to be everywhere doesn't strike me as a healthy attitude for a population. If you see threats everywhere, or made to feel they are everywhere, you get a little on edge.

I agree, he brought up some issues that deserve attention, and he is an excellent filmmaker, I enjoy his films even thought I don't agree with most of his points or feel he is bias.

Our news is pretty depressive unfortunately, luckily we have Comedy Central that makes jokes and hilarious scenarios to go with current events and politics, not only is it funny, it informs us in funny ways that don't make me want to hide or board up my windows.

I know why your brother carries a firearm, he may have felt a rush of fear upon entering the U.S. becuase of our flawed and ultimately corrupt health care corporations, hehehe.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 11:33 PM
queeq
Chaos

Personally I think he thinks it's just cool and now he found an excuse.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2009 02:02 PM