KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Toshiba Laptop

Toshiba Laptop
Started by: Raoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Plus there is the fact that Toshiba may be charging more because Ireland isn't one of it's designated dumps for defective products like the US, Canada, and several EU countries.

That's true for the most part (except for Son), though we ened up paying a high price for such products...

no wonder so many people do their christmas shopping in new york... even taking in to account airline tickets, you're still saving money.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 28th, 2009 05:20 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sorgo XIII
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dell is garbage. If you have the funds, you'd be best off building your own Desktop/Laptop.

Someone once taught me that the world only makes sense when you force it to.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 04:37 AM
Sorgo XIII is currently offline Click here to Send Sorgo XIII a Private Message Find more posts by Sorgo XIII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appleptree

i am MAC

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 06:07 AM
appleptree is currently offline Click here to Send appleptree a Private Message Find more posts by appleptree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

File this under DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I've been having flicker/short circuit problems with my screen for 8 months. Yesterday I fixed those problems. Instead of paying $150 for a new inverter which is what was suggested despite the problem being with the connection, not the inverter, I more or less fixed it by opening the screen casing with a phillips head and taping the inverter and the wires going to it from the mother board and to the backlight with four small pieces of vinyl electrical tape (I noticed before that it was all held together with scotch tape that lost its sticky instead of being soldered like it was supposed to be).

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 11:24 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by -Pr-
That's true for the most part (except for Son), though we ened up paying a high price for such products...

no wonder so many people do their christmas shopping in new york... even taking in to account airline tickets, you're still saving money.

Not in this case since your saving money by buying a piece of shit. As I said in my last post THEY USED SCOTCH TAPE IN PLACE OF SOLDER ON THE WIRES CONNECTING THE INVERTER TO THE BACKLIGHT AND THE MOTHERBOARD. That's like, the most moved/moving part of the whole laptop.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 11:29 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Not in this case since your saving money by buying a piece of shit. As I said in my last post THEY USED SCOTCH TAPE IN PLACE OF SOLDER ON THE WIRES CONNECTING THE INVERTER TO THE BACKLIGHT AND THE MOTHERBOARD. That's like, the most moved/moving part of the whole laptop.

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 11:58 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Yes, laugh. I'm pretty sure my hard drive is lubricated with a combination of spit and verbal encouragement.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 02:52 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I've taken apart and tweaked many a desktop and laptop computer; I've seen what some manufacturers do to save money by taking short-cuts; I've never seen scotch-tape, that is inexcusably sad. Then again, Toshiba isn't a brand I've ever worked with. I'll remember to stay away.

If you need a new HD, don't deal with Toshiba (if you still are), buy your own, it's an easy replacement and should be cheaper. Newegg.com has good deals. Bought a 360gb SATA for my wife's Acer for under $60.00, with shipping.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 24th, 2009 at 09:35 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2009 09:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by Robtard
I've taken apart and tweaked many a desktop and laptop computer; I've seen what some manufacturers do to save money by taking short-cuts; I've never seen scotch-tape, that is inexcusably sad. Then again, Toshiba isn't a brand I've ever worked with. I'll remember to stay away.

If you need a new HD, don't deal with Toshiba (if you still are), buy your own, it's an easy replacement and should be cheaper. Newegg.com has good deals. Bought a 360gb SATA for my wife's Acer for under $60.00, with shipping.

Again Rob, it's not Toshiba as a whole. It's Toshiba under $1,000 in the US. It's been proven in court over and over again that they knowingly dump defective and poorly built machines as economy models on the US market. Why they would rather lose around $10,000,000,000 in civil and criminal penalties every five years or so rather than just spend a little extra and quality is beyond my understanding. And yes, that's billion.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2009 11:09 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Well **** them anyways, for screwing the little guy over.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 11:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

And screwing themselves too.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 11:21 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

And screwing themselves too.

I can't hold that against them.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2009 12:14 AM