KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Mad Men

Mad Men
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Mad Men

I've heard good things about this show and recently picked up the first season on dvd. I'll let you guys know if it's any good, but in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone here watches the show/what they think.

Thoughts?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2009 07:19 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Best show on TV right now. For rillz.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 06:08 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

It is a very good show. I wouldn't say best on TV right now. There is after all True Blood still running.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 11:47 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i have only watched bits and pieces of this, but i like what i have seen so far

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 07:28 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Best show on TV right now. For rillz.

I tend to agree, but I've started watching Breaking Bad, and it's getting close in awesomeness.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 10:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Breaking Bad's awesome too. I haven't seen much of it though; just a few episodes of the last season.

True Blood's gay.

By the way, Don's totally gonna tap that Peggy ass.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Sep 7th, 2010 at 04:41 AM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 04:38 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Robtard
I tend to agree, but I've started watching Breaking Bad, and it's getting close in awesomeness.

I was going to mention it, but it's not currently running.

Which is a damn shame.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 08:09 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Bardock42
I was going to mention it, but it's not currently running.

Which is a damn shame.

Have to wait about a year, which does blow, as I'm about to start watching Season 3.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 04:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Breaking Bad's awesome too. I haven't seen much of it though; just a few episodes of the last season.

True Blood's gay.

By the way, Don's totally gonna tap that Peggy ass.

Watch all of it, jackass.

Yeah, starting to get that way. I'm still a fan though.

I hope Don doesn't do Peggy, their dynamic is good as it is.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 04:46 PM
Bardock42

Have to wait about a year, which does blow, as I'm about to start watching Season 3.

Well at least you have Season 3 ahead of you...which is epic btw.

Breaking Bad is my favorite show on TV that's still running. Little contest there...

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 05:02 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I've only seen the first season of this show as of now; it's good but not my favorite thing on right now.

Breaking Bad and Dexter are better imo. But again, I've only seen season one.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 12:27 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

i just finished season 3 of mad men. the last 2 episodes of season 3 are in my top ten best tv episodes i've ever seen on tv ever, period.

Don Draper's the man but i like Roger Sterling. His quick wit and one liners are the best. i think he's the best actor in the series.

season 4 just wrapped up and i'm looking forward to it as well.

9/10. Not that it matters but they sound too, contemporary (most of the time). people in the sixties didn't sound or talk like they did now right? the best examples of how people sounded like in the sixties are pete campbell's wife, trudy campbell, and duck phillips, pete sounded 60's too.. or that "we interreupt this program with a special news bulliten" walter kronkite 60's sound. i dunno.

it just makes me forget that it's the sixties when they sound like their in 2010.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 10:15 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Roger Sterling. His quick wit and one liners are the best. i think he's the best actor in the series.

Agree, hands down the best character. he's a total dick, but you can't help but like him.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 12:06 AM
FistOfThe North

Agree, hands down the best character. he's a total dick, but you can't help but like him.

he can be crass but he does it with class. he's the shows comic relief.

i remember when that young brit exec lost his foot to that mower driven in the office by that drunk secretary, and one of the account execs told Sterling that the guy lost his foot and Streling goes "jezz, right when he got it in the door.."

ha..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 02:23 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Season One was sooo good. I loved it when Betty had her sex fantasy against the dryer. Dude, I've soo been using that trick since I was like... thirteen. It was hilarious to see a grown woman trying it for the first time. My dryer doesn't do that anymore, though. Or my dishwasher. That was the most rumbly appliance in the house! Damn you, technological advancements and silent dishwashers!

So I should keep with it then? I'm on season two, episode two, on Instant Watch, and I had to get out of it. [S:2 E:2 is when the plane crashes and Peter "Douche" Campbell's dad died in the crash.]

I am waiting and waiting and waiting.... When does this get better?! Or back to normal - that would be good too!

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Last edited by siriuswriter on Dec 31st, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2011 10:38 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by siriuswriter
Season One was sooo good. I loved it when Betty had her sex fantasy against the dryer. Dude, I've soo been using that trick since I was like... thirteen. It was hilarious to see a grown woman trying it for the first time. My dryer doesn't do that anymore, though. Or my dishwasher. That was the most rumbly appliance in the house! Damn you, technological advancements and silent dishwashers!

So I should keep with it then? I'm on season two, episode two, on Instant Watch, and I had to get out of it. [S:2 E:2 is when the plane crashes and Peter "Douche" Campbell's dad died in the crash.]

I am waiting and waiting and waiting.... When does this get better?! Or back to normal - that would be good too!

How about I just buy you a proper vibrator, instead of you dry-humping appliances for a thrill?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 11:06 PM
siriuswriter

Obviously you aren't a girl. You stand close to the dryer, you don't all-out try to f*** it. There are many ways to get a pleasurable experience, you boys are all one-hit wonders. It's a pretty big hit, but still.

And here's my sentence making this about Mad Men.

MAD MEN!!! On TOPIC!!

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2012 03:25 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

To bad the show ended today.

Cheers Mad Men fans

Old Post May 18th, 2015 03:43 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Gotta say, I thought ending with the famous "Buy the World a Coke" theme/commercial was an absolutely brilliant move. thumb up

Despite the fact that Draper led an immensely tortured life(which, to be fair, was almost entirely self-inflicted, what with his enormous web of lies and whatnot), he at least seemed like he was trying to right some of the wrongs he's committed over the years during his soul-searching roadtrip across America... But then what happens? In his moment of woosah-induced clarity, he lets out a smirk, and evidently dreams up one of the most famous Coca Cola ads of all time. In the end, he just couldn't stop being "Don Draper, ad man" first--that was the only real consistency that he allowed in his life over the years.

So then the question comes: what was really his motivation for taking to the road? Was it to legitimately rediscover himself and become a better person, or was it simply to clear his mind a bit so that he could come up with some fresh ad ideas..? I suppose we'll never know...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 18th, 2015 09:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love the series, was not too fond of the finale. I mean..Don didn't interact with anyone! By that I mean, no scenes with him and Roger or Pete or anyone. He talked to people on the phone, that is it. The rest of the time he spent with hippies. This episode seemed like it was a mid season finale, not an ending to the entire series.

What irks me is people acting like the ending was so ambiguous because maybe Peggy did the coke commercial. Even though it was quite clearly Don. Come on now: he is told in the episode that when he comes back he can do coke. We then see Don getting all zen and shit with hippies and finding peace, we THEN see the commercial for coke with people singing about..finding peace and all that hippy stuff. Hell, people in the commercial even had outfits VERY similar to the outfits the hippies Don was hanging with had. But nope, totally Peggy!

Can't help but feel sorry for Henry too. He doesn't know Betty cheated on him and probably never will know.

Sort of feel the same for Peggy and Stan. Stan doesn't know what kind of person Peggy is. She has nor problem sleeping with married men and abandoning the child she has with said married man. She has two serious relationships in the series, both of which she cheats on the guys. She one time jerked off a random guy she met at a movie theater..inside the theater, even though she had a boyfriend. Oh did I mention the movie she was seeing where she cheated was the movie her boyfriend had begged her to go see with him? Poor Stan has no clue what he is getting into.

Last edited by Surtur on May 19th, 2015 at 06:53 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2015 06:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote