KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Protege vs classic Beyonder

Protege vs classic Beyonder
Started by: SoulDevourer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

IIRC the only person to do something similar to copying Beyonder's powers, he could not handle them.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 12:55 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Protege will copy Beyonder's powers and surpass them. Unlike Scathan, Beyonder is reckless and will show off his powers.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 01:11 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

And Beyonder will still beat him

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 01:18 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Squirrel Girl

[/thread]

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 02:44 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
Protege will copy Beyonder's powers and surpass them. Unlike Scathan, Beyonder is reckless and will show off his powers.
I don't see how Protege could 'surpass' Beyonder's power. Match it? Sure (which is why I said stalemate) - but there is no way for him to really exceed Beyonder since there are no other characters present. Just MO.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 04:28 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Beyonder still beats him with sexiness

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 04:33 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Mr Master
Yes.

I just don't see him lasting long enough to copy powers here,
if Scathan was able to neutralize all that power with a gesture,
imagine what Beyonder could do.

I see Beyonder obliterating him in one move.
So, his powers work instantaneous like, but he won't last long enough to copy powers?

Beyonder doesn't use tactics of blocking out vision and handcuffs.

nevermind...

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 04:36 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Mindset
Beyonder still beats him with gheyness.
thumb up

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 04:46 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Galan007
I don't see how Protege could 'surpass' Beyonder's power. Match it? Sure (which is why I said stalemate) - but there is no way for him to really exceed Beyonder since there are no other characters present. Just MO.

I was kind of under the impression that battles involving Protege start him with the powers he already had. Like how if you use JLA Amazo it's assumed he starts with the powers of the JLA.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 05:18 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SoulDevourer
M0DERAT0R

Originally posted by King Kandy
I was kind of under the impression that battles involving Protege start him with the powers he already had. Like how if you use JLA Amazo it's assumed he starts with the powers of the JLA.
yeah we can assume he starts with powers of LT & the rest

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 11:44 AM
SoulDevourer is currently offline Click here to Send SoulDevourer a Private Message Find more posts by SoulDevourer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SoulDevourer
M0DERAT0R

Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Because Scathan didn't display his power until he shut Protege down.
but he only need to be in their presence right? huh (LT & the others didnt use there powers any more then scathan, they were just...there)

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 11:45 AM
SoulDevourer is currently offline Click here to Send SoulDevourer a Private Message Find more posts by SoulDevourer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by SoulDevourer
but he only need to be in their presence right? huh (LT & the others didnt use there powers any more then scathan, they were just...there)

LT revealed his powers by transporting Protege there.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 04:37 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by SoulDevourer
yeah we can assume he starts with powers of LT & the rest
Protege ftw, then.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 04:43 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Protege ftw, then.
How so, if the Protege didn't defeat the Lt?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 05:14 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by quanchi112
How so, if the Protege didn't defeat the Lt?
Because Protege would have all the powers he had during GotG + Beyonder's power.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 05:17 PM
iceman24567

The Beyonder spanks him and sends him on his way.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 05:26 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

It's a no limits fallacy to assume that he would be able to absorb Beyonder's power. Because he haven't absorbed the power of anyone even close to the Beyonder. The Living Tribunal might be the closest, but he's not close.

It's like assuming that the Parasite from Superman could absorb Kismet's power. There was a bigger gap between Beyonder and Molecule man, than the Living Tribunal and Captain America, remember?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 05:39 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Astner
It's a no limits fallacy to assume that he would be able to absorb Beyonder's power. Because he haven't absorbed the power of anyone even close to the Beyonder.
Same could be said about you assuming Protege would be unable to copy Beyonder's power.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 05:49 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Same could be said about you assuming Protege would be unable to copy Beyonder's power.

That's called an unfalsifiable hypothesis, and is also an illogical fallacy. Because you can't prove a negative. It's like trying to refute the argument whether or not there are unicorns in the Swedish forests. Unless you can prove that they're there it's safe to assume that they're not.
In the same sense it's no purpose in assuming that Protege could copy any power greater than the Living Tribunal's.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 08:34 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Protege would win. Stackable power ftw

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 08:35 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote