KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Achilles Gauntlet

Where does he stop?
This poll is closed.
1 0 0%
2 1 33.33%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 2 66.67%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
Clears it. 0 0%
Total: 3 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Achilles Gauntlet
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

quote: (post)
Originally posted by siriuswriter
if you go with the "achilles" legend from the real greek literature [not the summary we get in Troy, Achilles was born from Zeus his father. His mother was a peasant woman, and Hera became angry, as she tends to do when her man knocks up another woman. So to protect the woman with Achilles, Zeus gives the woman a magic potion that is gold. She puts it in the cauldron until it's boiling, and then dips the baby Achilles in. But she holds on to one ankle, and is very careful not to touch the potion herself.

He's the invincible cheerleader now!

Thus ultimate flaw. BUT. If Achilles can protect his ankle... it's a bit like the gangster in The Mask taking all those bullets and then firing them out of his mouth. If the ankle is protected, he can be chopped, ground, shot at, weighed down and drowned, cut into little pieces...

but his body will become whole again and not die.

Therefore Achilles gets through everything, providing his ankle is protected.

And who's to say any of those teams couldn't accomplish hacking him down long enough to get at his heel? The Spartans were notorious for flying limbs in their movie.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 10:56 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

My last sentence = "providing his ankle is protected.

If that goes, yeah. He'd get through about five or six.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 01:10 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

[QUOTE=11722727]Originally posted by XanatosForever
[B]I'm a Gladiator fanboy, so I want to say that there's no way Achilles could get past Maximus, but there's a decent chance. I'm sure he knows the tale, however, which should give him a decent advantage[QUOTE] Achilles would shit on Maximus.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 07:39 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by Darth Martin Achilles would shit on Maximus.

Saaay, if I didn't know any better, I'd say this was a bait post. Looks like you got a few errors in the quoting process, though. That's okay, better luck next time. big grin

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 11:35 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I mean it too. I don't remember Maximus doing anything special enough to convince me that he could take Achilles. He couldn't take Hector or Leonidas even who are both IMO inferior to Achilles.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 08:10 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by siriuswriter
if you go with the "achilles" legend from the real greek literature [not the summary we get in Troy, Achilles was born from Zeus his father. His mother was a peasant woman, and Hera became angry, as she tends to do when her man knocks up another woman. So to protect the woman with Achilles, Zeus gives the woman a magic potion that is gold. She puts it in the cauldron until it's boiling, and then dips the baby Achilles in. But she holds on to one ankle, and is very careful not to touch the potion herself.

He's the invincible cheerleader now!

Thus ultimate flaw. BUT. If Achilles can protect his ankle... it's a bit like the gangster in The Mask taking all those bullets and then firing them out of his mouth. If the ankle is protected, he can be chopped, ground, shot at, weighed down and drowned, cut into little pieces...

but his body will become whole again and not die.

Therefore Achilles gets through everything, providing his ankle is protected.
too bad we aren't going with that one, are we

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 08:21 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by Darth Martin
I mean it too. I don't remember Maximus doing anything special enough to convince me that he could take Achilles. He couldn't take Hector or Leonidas even who are both IMO inferior to Achilles.

You mean besides the fact he was the top general of Rome's armies, favored by Ceasar himself, survived a massive campaign only to be thrust into gladiator matches afterwards, and besting a freed gladiator in a rigged match?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 08:24 PM
Darth Martin

Show me a clip of what you think is a "impressive" feat.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 10:57 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Watch the movie Gladiator, it's impressive from start to finish.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 02:12 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I've seen it. But I don't recall anything putting him on par with what Achilles did in Troy.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 05:52 PM