KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Glasses as Superman's secret identity..

Glasses as Superman's secret identity..
Started by: SuperkatmanX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Naija boy
I see what people are saying in this thread but still supermans face is edged in the minds of evryone on earth. Look at those reporters at the daily planet, they take pictures of him all the time and yet they cant recognize him when he walks by with his hair done differently and some glasses on? Arent reporters supposed to be observant? erm Its quite far fetched imo.

they honestly know they look alike they just assume they look the same. they've seen them both on numerous occasions. I think a bigger issue is no one cares, to them he doesn't hide anything so they might think it in their head but never ask.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Feb 27th, 2009 06:46 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

It's lame as hell. No explanation so far has changed that

Last edited by I-Drop on Apr 2nd, 2009 at 06:32 PM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 06:30 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Galan007
What's funny is of all characters, Ambush Bug immediately saw right through Superman's 'disguise.' He even commented on how ridiculous it was that people actually fell for it:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

laughing out loud

Do you happen to know the comic (it was in the PC era I'm pretty sure) where Clark is looking in the mirror, putting on his glasses, and remarking to himself how absurd the disguise was? Something to the effect of, "This is stupid. I don't look like a different person. I look like Superman with glasses. When someone gets glasses for the first time, no one says, 'Who is that guy?' No, they say, 'Hey so-and-so got some new glasses.' I'm not going to fool anyone like this."

...I'll try to find the scans later, still don't know the comic they came from though.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 07:19 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperkatmanX

Originally posted by Enyalus
Do you happen to know the comic (it was in the PC era I'm pretty sure) where Clark is looking in the mirror, putting on his glasses, and remarking to himself how absurd the disguise was? Something to the effect of, "This is stupid. I don't look like a different person. I look like Superman with glasses. When someone gets glasses for the first time, no one says, 'Who is that guy?' No, they say, 'Hey so-and-so got some new glasses.' I'm not going to fool anyone like this."

...I'll try to find the scans later, still don't know the comic they came from though.

Thatd be awesome,, itd be better if they played around with civilians recognizing him a lil rather then villains and himself

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 11:42 PM
SuperkatmanX is currently offline Click here to Send SuperkatmanX a Private Message Find more posts by SuperkatmanX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by SuperkatmanX
As much as I love Superman, I have always had it on my mind how people don't recognize him. I know its only make believe, but seriously could they have came up with something better.
How about T-vo? Not full volume, of course, just enough to skew ordinary mortals' perceptions.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2009 10:40 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperkatmanX

even so man, this is beyond just a skew of perception. What can they do about it now anyways.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 05:26 AM
SuperkatmanX is currently offline Click here to Send SuperkatmanX a Private Message Find more posts by SuperkatmanX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote