KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 2
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (49): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gideon
Mass Effect is the best game I've ever played; top of the line in all of the categories. I'm looking forward to the second one.

I am extremely excited about this game, especially with the onset of this teaser.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 07:38 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

really looking forward to this. loved the first game, if this is half as good, ill be happy...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 08:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Killed in Action eh?

Ha!

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 09:10 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

So anyone got a source where Bioware say that we will be using our older save files? I've only ever played an RPG (or whatever the genre is) where that has been used before, and that is Golden Sun 2, it's a game elementI've always wanted to see more of.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 09:22 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Things I hope they'll have in ME2:

1: Space battles. I want to fly the Normandy and blow ships up.

2: New enemies. The Geth are alright but I want something new to face.

3: New weapons. Can't have a good game without any weapons of mass destruction.

4: New allies. Since Kaiden or Ashley got blown up I wonder who will be my new partner.

5: More than a hundred missions.

6: Guest appearence. I want one of the Bioware staff to appear in the game so I can blast him with my shotgun for keeping me waiting for ME2.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 11:56 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by Nemesis X

IMO, ME alreayd had way too many identical sidequests, I would be willing to settle for fewer side quests, but up the quality.

I lost count of how many sidequests where all I had to do was go to a planet, which was identical to a hundred other sjust with a new tone of color, and get rid of some Geth, it just got tedious (the main quest however was pretty darned good). Take a look at Fallout 3, the sidequests are so greatly done you have a hard time distiungishing them from the main quest.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 12:01 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

You fight it out with Cerberus in Mass Effect side quests. And in the "Bringing down the Sky" expansion you fight the Batarians.

but I'd be willing to bet that both Batarians and Cerberus will have larger parts in Mass Effect 2.

Originally posted by Morridini
IMO, ME alreayd had way too many identical sidequests, I would be willing to settle for fewer side quests, but up the quality.

I lost count of how many sidequests where all I had to do was go to a planet, which was identical to a hundred other sjust with a new tone of color, and get rid of some Geth, it just got tedious (the main quest however was pretty darned good). Take a look at Fallout 3, the sidequests are so greatly done you have a hard time distiungishing them from the main quest.

True, that's the only thing I didn't like about Mass Effect.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 03:35 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
I agree, and it would add a new level of challenge to the game, raping a Krogan or Turian would not be easy I would imagine, both being physically larger and stronger, and it would be hard to rape a Salarian because they are so fast, you would have to blow her legs off first to catch her.

Mmmm, God I'm horny.
Hmm i actually think its the other way around, your character(if shepards female) getting raped by horny male turians.

God i seriously hope shepard does not die at all in ME2.

1: Space battles. I want to fly the Normandy and blow ships up.

3: New weapons. Can't have a good game without any weapons of mass destruction.

4: New allies. Since Kaiden or Ashley got blown up I wonder who will be my new partner.

6: Guest appearence. I want one of the Bioware staff to appear in the game so I can blast him with my shotgun for keeping me waiting for ME2.

Lemme add to that

1: More densely populated worlds like the citadel. Noveria and feros weren't so populated.(It makes it look far more epic and spectacular to have major worlds you can access in the galaxy map)

2: A rouge geth ally,(it be fun to see a geth ally imo rather than seeing all of them as enemies)

3: Better missions, the ones in the original games(the side quests) were VERY repetitive, i rather do 20 awesome sidequests rather than 50 repetitive ones

4: Like you said, more weapons

5: Yes, space battles

6: New allies, like a salarian a rouge geth hell even a batarian.

7: Well each planet being uniquely designed and not have the same bases as one another(every bunker in the planets in ME1 looked the same)

I'll think of more later.

Last edited by BoratBorat on Feb 22nd, 2009 at 04:47 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 04:41 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

If Shepard does die, this should happen: After you fool around with either Ashley or Liara, save the game after that and when you play ME2, you should play the role as the son (or daughter) of Commander Shepard. Does that sound like a good idea?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 07:11 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

No.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 07:15 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

If Shepard does die, this should happen: After you fool around with either Ashley or Liara, save the game after that and when you play ME2, you should play the role as the son (or daughter) of Commander Shepard. Does that sound like a good idea?

no

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 03:07 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by DorianYates

1: More densely populated worlds like the citadel. Noveria and feros weren't so populated.(It makes it look far more epic and spectacular to have major worlds you can access in the galaxy map)

2: A rouge geth ally,(it be fun to see a geth ally imo rather than seeing all of them as enemies)

3: Better missions, the ones in the original games(the side quests) were VERY repetitive, i rather do 20 awesome sidequests rather than 50 repetitive ones

4: Like you said, more weapons

5: Yes, space battles

6: New allies, like a salarian a rouge geth hell even a batarian.

7: Well each planet being uniquely designed and not have the same bases as one another(every bunker in the planets in ME1 looked the same)

I'll think of more later.

1: From what I heard, we may be going to earth in Mass Effect 2, which would be cool. I'd personally like to go to some of the race's home worlds (Except the volus... that wouldn't work out well)

3: Definately needs beter side-quests.

6: I'd personally love to see a hanar ally, even if he isn't one of the people that fight with you.

7: Agreed, though there wouldn't be as many planets, I was getting tired of landing on the same planet over and over again. (And always in a mountain range too.)

Another thing I would like to see more decisions like this, with the scenes to go along with them.

I mean the biggest decision in Mass Effect was whether to save Kaiden or Ashley. Then in the "bringing down the sky" expansion was whether to sacrifice the hostages to kill Balak or free the hostages by letting Balak go.

Oh and another thing that would be cool would be the order inwhich you go to the main planets affects the mission. Like lets take the missions in Mass Effect as an example: If you decide to go to Feros last, what should have happened was the entire colony was infected (save one person to tell you what was going on) or the geth should have killed the entire colony, and you find out everything through the terminal.)

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Feb 22nd, 2009 at 03:27 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 03:23 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Man, Bioware shouldn't bother hiring an ideas team, better to just surf some forums and steal all your ideas.

Everything above gets a huge thumbs up thumb up

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 06:06 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Mass Effect was epic, probably one of the best (if not the best) games I've ever played. I can't wait for the sequel.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 07:27 PM
Col. Valerian is currently offline Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
no

Do you have a better idea? I doubt Bioware is gonna let us play Wrex.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 10:43 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm not surprised about Sheppard dying.

It allows the developers to create a new character and the whole point of an RPG is to level up, and create your own character.

If they do allow to keep your save files, it will be used for the decisions you made in the end about who dies, and who lives and other stuff. It probably won't be used to continue your character.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 01:49 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well i just posted in the official mass effect forums, one of the developers mentioned that the teaser trailer "tells you nothing" and that we should keep our save files.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 01:54 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sappho
Self-Made

i did not like the first one at all. WAY to boring for me, not enough action.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 02:53 AM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Then don't post in this thread, dullard.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 03:08 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by k1Lla441
i did not like the first one at all. WAY to boring for me, not enough action.

Then you know nothing of epic story telling.

Originally posted by Smasandian
I'm not surprised about Sheppard dying.

He's not dead. I mean, you don't reveal that kind of stuff in a teaser trailer. Those are primarily designed as a "Hey, here is the first official media concerning the game. at most a teaser will hint at what the story is. In this one's case, I think that "oficially" Shepard is dead, but in reality he is alive.

Perhaps the normandy was destroyed and Shepard somehow survived. Perhaps he was "declaired" dead so that he could find a way to stop the reapers without being hunted as much by the Geth.

Do you have a better idea? I doubt Bioware is gonna let us play Wrex.

Well consitering that the second game would have to take place 20 years after Mass Effect one for the whole "Shepard's kid saving the galaxy" thing to make sence, (not to mention that by that time the reapers would have allready shown up and eradicated all sentient life in the galaxy), Palying as the Hanar that has you smuggle the "package" into Port Hanshan is a beter idea.

Oh, and lets not forget the fact that you can choose not to seek "relations" between Ashley or Liara, in which case destroys any chance of shepard's kid saving the galaxy.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Feb 23rd, 2009 at 03:47 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 03:33 AM