KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 2
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (49): « First ... « 46 47 [48] 49 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 06:45 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Arrival was good, but short. Not as good as the Shadow Broker DLC. Though I guess all in all it will segue nicely into ME3.

Kind of annoyed me that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: there was no way to save the 300,000 Batarians. I get that Shepard's attempt was blocked, and I suppose it was necessary for the trial on Earth that I assume will be relevant in 3, but I've gotten used to Paragon Shep pulling off miracles.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Last edited by General Kaliero on Mar 29th, 2011 at 03:46 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 03:43 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Xbox players, this week the Mass Effect 2 Add-ons are 50% off, if you haven't tried the Shadow Broker DLC, I definitely urge you to get it now. I myself never picked up Arrival until now.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 07:48 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini
Xbox players, this week the Mass Effect 2 Add-ons are 50% off, if you haven't tried the Shadow Broker DLC, I definitely urge you to get it now. I myself never picked up Arrival until now.

Is it really that good? I love the game, but don't want to shell out the dough for something I'll regret.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 07:47 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I don't rate any of the DLC.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 08:42 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

That was a pointless post, "I post to say that I have nothing to say"...

Originally posted by socool8520
Is it really that good? I love the game, but don't want to shell out the dough for something I'll regret.

Not sure which you refer to, but Shadow Broker Lair is very good, and definitely worth the full price, so now with 50% off (if it's still going), you should really get it. Arrival, which i haven't played yet, is supposed to be decent, but not as good as SBL.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 09:19 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Don't be silly- posting to say I do not like the DLC is not pointless.

Lair of the Shadow Broker was never even vaguely worth the full price and Arrival was conspicuously worse. I regretted paying for both.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Aug 3rd, 2011 at 09:33 AM

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 09:26 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

You didn't say you didn't like them, you said you would not rate them.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 12:12 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's what that means. "I don't rate that" is short for "I don't rate that highly."

BtVS

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 12:38 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I have never in my life heard that. It might be an English saying?

In any case, if its half-off what does that make it, around 5 bucks?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 02:15 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Depending on which DLC.

Shadow Liar was really good. Well worth the price. Katsumi and Arrival were not. Overlord depends on how much you like ME2.

I enjoyed all of them and didn't mind paying the cash for it.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 03:09 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Thanks guys, I'll probably try one out. If i like it I'll buy the others.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 06:07 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I just have to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: side with Morinth once, to see what happens.

Quite the plot twist decision, that.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 04:34 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

On Thane's loyalty mission:

"He's selling a copy of his you."

"Me?"

"Yeah. Went on about how the universe is at stake. Buggy though, crash's every thirty minutes and says you should fix it yourself."

Is that supposed to be an inside joke about ME2's problems? laughing out loud

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 05:45 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Might be a reference to the first ME game, which is notoriously buggy and never really received patches or anything of the sort.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 12:43 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The paragon/renegade system has some.. interesting interpretations.

Paragon seems to mean "sugar coating" more then anything.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 06:36 PM
cdtm

So there was a way to save the crew.

Oh well, guess Kellly and the fish are dead. Not gonna replay a save file that far back just to save everybody..

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 06:08 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Its been this long and you didn't know that?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 06:21 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by cdtm
So there was a way to save the crew.

Oh well, guess Kellly and the fish are dead. Not gonna replay a save file that far back just to save everybody..

Monster.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 10:44 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Monster.

Talk to the full paragon bar. evil face

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 02:13 PM