KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 2
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (49): « First ... « 47 48 [49]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Its been this long and you didn't know that?

Yes, that is pretty strange, that someone wouldn't know anything about a game they never played before. No one should avoid spoilers or go into any game blind.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 02:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by cdtm
Yes, that is pretty strange, that someone wouldn't know anything about a game they never played before. No one should avoid spoilers or go into any game blind.

It's pretty strange that you didn't figure it out on your own. Or that somehow in 8 years you've heard absolutely nothing about this game that is beloved and known about all over the world as one of the best games of all time.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 04:23 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Kind of hard to figure it out on the first play through, when you only learn about the trigger that brings in the Collectors after it happens.

Would rather keep things as is for the Joker and Edi moments alone though, instead of saving some faceless crew (And one annoying character who keeps nagging you about checking your damned inbox..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 07:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

And to be honest, GOAT.... ehhhh..

If I played this before, say, Dragons Dogma or Vanquish, I might think so. But coming into it now, the gameplay really bringing it down somewhat.

Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome sci-fi setting, the characters are great, the set pieces ranges from nice to incredible, and the games are packed with detail. It's kind of like playing Babylon 5 or Deep Space Nine.

And the combat is serviceable.. It's just, combat is literally the last thing I like doing. It can drag, on longer missions.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 01:17 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Dragon's Dogma and Vanquish (lol) are garbage in comparison to the ME series. Seriously. Not even in the same ballpark.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 01:34 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Dragon's Dogma and Vanquish (lol) are garbage in comparison to the ME series. Seriously. Not even in the same ballpark.

As a total package, I agree.

It's not really knock on the series.. I mean, combat being a weak point seems to be a concensus.

It does a lot of things right, and the combat mechanics certainly improve from ME1 to ME2..

But if all I wanted to do was kill some time with action, and do nothing else, ME isn't the series for that. Something like Gears, Bulletstorm, or even MGS is (Or in my case, Transformers Devastation, where I spent more time brawling on the bonus content then the core game..)

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 01:48 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Ah I agree. What's with the best games having crappy combat?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 01:52 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I like the combat especially if you coordinate with your squads to make good combos/vantage points. Plenty on here say they don't do that when they play Mass Effect but I do for the sake of immersion.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 02:01 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I never had a problem with the combat from ME2 and up. In fact, I find it fun.

Is it as deep as a pure action...no....but is a pure action game as deep in atmosphere, story and characters? Nope!

Each game has strengths and weaknesses and a huge game with many moving parts is going to have something that's weaker.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 04:30 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I enjoy it, but it's still very limited as far as shooting mechanics goes. Not that I care tbh, it's still one of my favorite games.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 03:10 PM
cdtm

So, I actually reverted to an old save, just to save the crew. Just cleared past about five missions, am preparing to tackle the final loyalty mission (Tali), and I go to my cabin to change out the Cerberus armor for a custom. I get to the cabin, and notice the fish are dead.

I forgot to have anyone feed the fish.

Goddamn it. mad

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 05:12 PM
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

So far, ME2 is one of the coolest game i ever played but the only thing that i hate on this game is the lack of equipments(i meant lack of weapons that we had)

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 10:54 AM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Was so busy worrying about saving everyone, I forgot to do relationships.

Poor Shep didn't even have his fish to keep him company. sad

Well, I saved Shadow Broker for post game, so maybe I can still get him a happy ending..

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 03:51 PM