KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Heroes Season 4 is a go....

Heroes Season 4 is a go....
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbo8OKifOPo

new trailer but its crappy cam from Comic Con 2009.

here's another version (it's the exact same vid, without the arabic translation)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxC99ibP1S0

there's also a transcript of what they're saying.

quote:
Samuel: I know that Joseph and I have had two families.
Samuel: The first one - well let's just say it didn't work out too well.
Samuel: Over the years, we made ourselves a new one.
----
Sylar/Nathan: Pardon my manners.
Sylar/Nathan: [...]
Sylar/Nathan: There is a lot of change going on with me.
Angela: Life... it's all about new horizons.
Angela: Keeps you from getting stale.
----
Claire: I don't wanna pretend to be anyone but me.
Claire: I just wanna be Claire Bennet... daughter of Noah Bennet.
Noah: I just want you to be careful, sweetheart.
----
Samuel: Family is something that Joseph and I need. It offers protection from the outside world. A world that (....)
----
Tracey: I felt myself shatter.
Tracey: And all those pieces of me came floating back together in one cohesive thought.
Tracey: Killing all of you.
Noah: We're both looking for redemption.
----
Peter: Noah?! ...Noah?
----
Samuel: There are those out there who will never accept us for who we are.
Samuel: And now we find ourselves gathering with a fork in the road
Samuel: And I ask you, which one Joseph wants to take?
Samuel: That way is paved with fear.
Samuel: The other road is paved with redemption.
----
Peter: Hi... I'm gonna save you.
----
Samuel: and in that road, we stand in unison and show ourselves
Samuel: They will accept us or they will fear us!
----
Josseph: What you said this morning about redemption... I don't think that's possible.
Samuel: Yes, well that's all part of our vengeance.
----
Samuel: There are others out there like us. One by one, they will come.
----
Noah: What'd you do?
Peter: I didn't do anything!
----
Samuel: They find their way home.
----
Lydia: His name is Hiro. Hiro Nakamura. And he was here, at the carnival.
Samuel: When? How long ago?
Lydia: Fourteen years.
----
Hiro: ...Hi.
----
Samuel: all together and strong (?)
Matt: I've stopped, cold turkey. I'm out.
Angela: There's no such thing as out, Detective. Not for people like us.
----
Samuel: I say it's time to find the way back home again.
----
Hiro: Do I know you?
Samuel: My name's Samuel and I think we're gonna be great friends.
----
Sylar/Nathan: I want my body back.

NBC is pulling down these videos fast, so you better hurry

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:15 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

ah really hope this season isn't a bunch of frak. there's not that much worth while, must see tv on nowadays.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 07:30 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

That trailer does nothing to make me excited...it actually makes me very weary of next season.....i just see lots of bad set ups...and can they please leave sylar out of this season.......i get so sick of his character...but the proof is in the watching...and i will be there hoping for the best

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 07:56 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i will watch but hold out little hope... Leave Spock, err Sylar on the big screen, so the writers can concentrate on other stuff

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 09:43 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

They will not, ever, stop using Sylar in the show

...that's until Quinto decides to leave, or the show ends

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 01:34 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession

I see they have got Claire a girlfriend. Did I miss something in Season 3?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 05:08 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

we all missed it

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 06:29 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Yeah, she went out with so many douche bags that she switched to women.

TGFwashere

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 07:04 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Nuul
Kramer

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=14468

Anddddd Sylar is officially BACK!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 03:55 PM
The Nuul is currently offline Click here to Send The Nuul a Private Message Find more posts by The Nuul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Nuul
Kramer

Who Are the Heroes Going to Call?
Source:The Hollywood Reporter
August 12, 2009

Ernie Hudson ("Oz," Ghostbusters) has joined NBC's "Heroes" in a recurring role, says The Hollywood Reporter.

He will play Captain Lubbock, a Baltimore detective. Lubbock is reportedly on the hunt for one of the other characters on the show.

Hudson has played a detective in a recurring role on ABC's "Desperate Housewives." He also played a senior deputy on ABC's dramedy "10-8: Officers on Duty."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 06:28 PM
The Nuul is currently offline Click here to Send The Nuul a Private Message Find more posts by The Nuul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Just saw the sneek peek, not sure what to think. Honestly, doesn't look that promosing to me. Claire has a girlfriend as in girl friend or romantically?

Real disappointed to see Sylar back....thought that nightmare was over.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 08:51 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gobstakid777
Restricted

Account Restricted

personally, Sylar's the main reason I still watched the show instead of droppin out in that god-awful season 3 and i'm glad he's back to bein evil ol sylar again.I'm really itchin to see this Nylar biz in season 4 but i don't think it'll last and i actually have an in-universe xplaination why
Sylar had Regenration
Memory erasing leaves scars or whatever
Heal those scars and you get your memory back
He Heals the scars and BAM sylar's back
even though that will mean Nate will really be dead

it's good for the bones
part of a balanced breakfast!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 09:40 AM
gobstakid777 is currently offline Click here to Send gobstakid777 a Private Message Find more posts by gobstakid777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

SPOILER ALERT

Contains *painful* Spoilers

Heroes: Sylar and Parkman's New Connection
achary Quinto and Greg Grunberg tell us what's to come in Season 4.

quote:
August 21, 2009 - Spoiler Warning: Certain aspects of the upcoming season of Heroes are discussed in this article.

The carnival has come to town on Heroes and behind-the-scenes there's a new set to go along with it. On the Universal Studios lot an entire carnival has been built for Season 4, as Samuel (Prison Break's Robert Knepper) and his traveling show astonish audiences with their super-power fueled abilities.

I visited the Heroes carnival set and was quite impressed by what I saw. The carnival was extremely functional and large, and truly looked ready for paying customers. In the scene being filmed during my visit – for the sixth episode of the season -- a familiar figure by the name of Sylar (Zachary Quinto) is performing some menial work, moving a wheelbarrow filled with debris, when he is approached by carnival performer Edgar, played by the one and only Ray Park (The Phantom Menace / X-Men / GI Joe).

Edgar is quick to taunt Sylar, clearly trying to get a rise out of him. Things get heated, and the next thing you know, Edgar is showing off what super speed and accuracy can do, as he begins throwing the knives on his belt at Sylar. But of course Sylar is no easy target, showing Edgar his own abilities in a sequence that required a green screen to be brought in so that the characters' abilities could be fully formed in post-production.

(please log in to view the image)
Sylar (Zachary Quinto, center) looms large in the Heroes: Season 4 poster

The question is what would bring Sylar to this relatively mundane situation in the first place? As Zachary Quinto tells me, "They find him actually, more than him finding them. He is eluding the cops and stumbles in the carnival and they invite him in. It seems a better option than going back to jail, so he ends up here."

Of course the last we saw, Sylar was living the existence of Nathan Petrelli, thanks to Matt Parkman's mental manipulation. While the circumstances have obviously changed by episode six, Season 4 makes it clear from the get go that what happened to Sylar is actually much more complicated than it looked. As Greg Grunberg explained to me in a conversation a few days before my set visit, "The little mind meld that I did at that end of last season didn't go as clean as it appeared, so I've got Sylar stuck inside me and he can't get out. He's in me and Nathan. He's in my subconscious. So I can see him and other people can't. And he's telling me, like, "Don't be such a f**king p**sy! Do this! Do that!" And I'm [yelling], "Shut up!" People are looking at me like I'm crazy."

Grunberg told me the storyline for he and Quinto was, "Really cool. All Sylar wants is his body back, so he actually kidnaps my son to get his body back. It's very, very cool. And I get to work with Zach a lot more than I ever did." Quinto was also clearly happy about this storyline, noting, "I love working with Greg. He's just such a riot. We have a great time." Quinto said he also appreciated that some of the situations with Sylar and Parkman, "offer the opportunity for my character to be a little lighter, so it's really good."

The carnival scenario is key to the season, and introduces several notable new characters, including Samuel, Edgar and Lydia (Dawn Olivieri). Regarding these new additions, Quinto said, "It's awesome, man. I think it's a great creative direction for the show to go in. It's definitely a new energy, new blood, a new sense of community that exists within the carnival - which I think is part of what drew people into the show in the first place, so I think it's going to be good."

Samuel is definitely the guy calling the shots at the carnival and the main new threat on Heroes. Discussing that, Quinto said, "I think, especially in the darker, shadowy side of Heroes, that it's going to benefit from some new energy. It's great for me to have been the only sort of sustainable villain since the first season, but I think Robert brings with him a real formidable presence that will probably translate into a long lasting relationship with the show."

Grunberg had nothing but praise for Knepper's performance, saying, "That guy is incredible. He's such a great actor and he brings so much weight." As for Ray Park, Grunberg had no problem owning up to being a full fanboy over the man behind Darth Maul, exclaiming, "He is unbelievable!"

It's no secret Heroes faced a lot of criticism last season. Grunberg said he felt this season marked a change for the better, remarking, "The show is about discovery again and it's about those characters again. It's not so abstract in that we're not saving the world every single week, which got a little bit too unrelatable in that way. I think people are going to love it."

Heroes: Season 4 premieres Monday, September 21st on NBC. We'll have more from the set next month, including conversations with new cast members Robert Knepper, Ray Park and Dawn Olivieri.

no expression

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 05:30 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Everyone (who's still likes Heroes) should read this:

Heroes: What We Want
More death, less future and perhaps a threeway with a vampire?

quote:
August 26, 2009 - Man oh man. This is a freakin' minefield, isn't it? Notice the title of this piece. We tried to give it a more "positive" spin, even though we'd never pass up an opportunity to ***** about our favorite televisual abomination. We could list a ton of "Things We Hate," but honestly there's just not enough room in cyber-space. Heroes is a show that has gotten so bad that all our fond memories of any engaging, fun moments back during the "acceptably pleasing" Season 1 have all but been erased.

Bryan Fuller's triumphant (?) return to the show during the second half of last season marked a noticeable improvement in quality and focus. We actually wound up caring about Daphne for a split second - AND maybe possibly perhaps even bought her and "doughy older brother" Parkman as a romantic couple. Things, by the end of Season 3, had become (to use a new IGN term coined just for Heroes episodes that don't suck completely)…unterrible.

But then came the news of Fuller leaving Heroes once again (click!), which NBC stated "was always the plan." Just when the show was showing signs of recovery, our hope flew out the window. What will this next season hold? Well, if you ask any of the cast about it they'll just tell you that it's obviously going to be the best season ever! We know there's an evil carnival and that Robert Knepper (Prison Break) and Ray Park (GI Joe) are playing new villains - and Knepper's even been made a series regular! The footage we've seen so far looks like it could be pretty cool, but montage-action sequences can be deceptive. We're even excited/ashamed-that-we're-excited about Claire's upcoming lesbian college storyline! But will it actually be something of merit?

Here's a quick rundown of some larger-picture gripes before we get into our specific wish-list. The show needs to stop contradicting and negating itself. You can't state that Nathan first got his powers during an eclipse when just two weeks previous you showed the flashback of the first time he flew, which was before the eclipse. You can't build Adam up as the ultimate immortal villain in Season 2 just to turn him into chum for Robert Forster's Arthur Petrelli. Doesn't that basically undermine all of the stakes in Season 2? And what about Elle? When we first met her she was an unstable psycho and then when we saw her in a flashback, she was a sensitive girl with heart? And what about that episode when she hated Sylar for freakin' murdering her father and then wound up having sex with him an hour later? And what about Sylar, who during a flashback feels guilty about the one dude he murdered to get his first power, EXCEPT THAT HE MUST HAVE ALSO KILLED MOHINDER'S FATHER BY THAT POINT BECAUSE MOHINDER IS IN NY! Then there's Nathan (RIP), who's all "I wanna tell everyone we've got superpowers" and then "I wanna give everyone superpowers" to "I wanna lock up everyone with superpowers." After a while the character choices and changes came so quickly, and seemingly out of nowhere, that none of them were believable. A lot of bad decisions were made in the name of fake-out deaths and bogus cliffhangers. Sylar became a sexy "misunderstood" regular??? Claire doubted that she had a soul because she couldn't feel pain??? At this point on Heroes we can safely say that there isn't one character that we care about. Not a single one.

Could the show be good again? Well, let's start small. It can certainly be "unterrible." And here's how…

click on the article title to keep reading.

what do you guys think?

Last edited by S_D_J on Sep 2nd, 2009 at 05:58 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 05:54 PM
The Nuul
Kramer

Yuck, sick of Sylar now.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2009 06:14 AM
starlock
Team Authority

I think the show is as lost as the writers and head muckety mucks, but tv being what it is...i loathe reality shows more than heroes,so i wil be there but i will not delude myself that this show will be good,this show has seen its high point and will never reach its potential before the axe comes down

Kill Sylar for good...he almost makes me want to never watch this show again..please!

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2009 05:15 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

yep, Sylar should die already. I like Zachary Quinto, I really do, is not his fault, it's the writers', but seriously Sylar has overstayed his welcome.
... and the whole thing with Sylar on Matt's head messed

I rather see Spock on the big screen

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2009 05:31 PM
gobstakid777
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
Yuck, sick of Sylar now.

u kiddin, Sylar's the only thing keepin this show alive,unless u except entertainment from peter "former-omnipotent dumbass" petrelli

it's good for the bones
part of a balanced breakfast!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2009 05:49 PM
gobstakid777 is currently offline Click here to Send gobstakid777 a Private Message Find more posts by gobstakid777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote