KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » New on the Live-Action Star Wars Show

New on the Live-Action Star Wars Show
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Lulz, way to miss that.

As for hating Lucas, I personally don't. I disagree with some of his creative decisions, but mainly because he is directing his creation towards the younger generation. I'm an adult, so I can't appreciate the cute cuddliness of Ewoks or the 'comical' humor of Jar Jar.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 09:57 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I like how fans of Star Wars HATE the creator of the saga they love so much. Interesting dynamic...

I don't hate him. I'm just surprised at the crap he approves these days.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 05:39 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, I agree with you there, from time to time. Some of the things that Star Wars puts forward are... less than living up to expectations. But as a whole I enjoy the mythos, no matter what they add.

Except the Vong.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 07:57 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by queeq

Well yeah I don't disagree, I've been disappointed many times by the man's decisions. I'm just saying though that it seems like a very large percentage of Star Wars fans loathe the man that gave them Star Wars in the first place.

There's a documentary coming out called "The People vs. George Lucas" that's actually kind of about that (it's supposed to come out this year I think), trailer: http://www.themovieblog.com/2009/02...-trailer-online

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 06:18 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, some people take things too personal.

Links looks good, I'd like to see that. Was that Bruckheimer in there?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 07:49 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lulz.

also, someone mentioned to me that mace windu had been confirmed to appear in the show. yes, i did see episode 3, but i can't help but wonder if it's true. anyone know if he is or isn't?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 09:33 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by Captain REX
Lulz, way to miss that.

As for hating Lucas, I personally don't. I disagree with some of his creative decisions, but mainly because he is directing his creation towards the younger generation. I'm an adult, so I can't appreciate the cute cuddliness of Ewoks or the 'comical' humor of Jar Jar.

...depends. how young is the generation? because my own generation is pretty young, and I hate Jar Jar. He's just too annoying for my taste.

The cuddliness is okay though. big grin

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 09:41 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Lulz, way to miss that.

you leave the Ewoks out of this. they fought and died to help complete strangers. they deserve RESPECT DAMMIT!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 09:50 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I think the EU has been the best its ever been, but nonetheless it STILL has a lot of crap.

As to Lucas personally, I liked the PT better than the OT, but he didn't address any of his flaws. I think he has developed such a childish caricature of his own work that he is incapable of seeing past fart jokes, flat characters, and adults whining like children. He has the potential to make better work now than he did, but also worse (maybe just because there is more of it). He thinks he's making all these kid friendly movies, but he's so stuck in his ways he doesn't recognize how children's entertainment has changed and how real thought and quality are appreciated as much by children as they are adults (look at any Pixar movie these days (Nemo, Wall-E, etc)).

I'd take Jar Jar over the Ewoks any day...ANY day. At least when Jar jar kills something, the mechanics of the death are sensical.

ROTJ is the worst movie of Star Wars by a lightyear and a half.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 04:16 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Ordo
ROTJ is the worst movie of Star Wars by a lightyear and a half.

take that back. for the love of all that is good and holy, take that back.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 04:48 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

truth cannot be denied smile

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 05:14 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

nobody appreciates cuddly teddy bears beating walking white-shelled humans anymore.

Its all annoying frog-fish-amphibian thing shooting robots with a gun accidentally hooked to his darned foot.

*shakes head* where has the world come to...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 09:38 PM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

truth cannot be denied smile

even if you don't like the ewoks, the duel between luke and vader is one of the best parts of the original trilogy.

calling it the worst when we had to sit through achingly bad parts in all three movies of the PT is silly, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 05:32 AM
queeq
Chaos

I agree. The VAder/Luke(and Palpy) scenes in ROTJ are highlights in the saga. Highlights in a way TPM and AOTC did not have them.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 06:27 AM
REXXXX
Networking

If there is a worst film, it is AOTC. It had its moments of greatness, but overall, the other five films surpass it.

Sure, we had Ewoks, but we had the space battle over Endor and Luke confronting the Dark Lords.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 08:40 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

If there is a worst film, it is AOTC. It had its moments of greatness, but overall, the other five films surpass it.

Sure, we had Ewoks, but we had the space battle over Endor and Luke confronting the Dark Lords.

AOTC. *shakes head* I'm having a hard time deciding if its the lines or the actors. But since the actors did okay in TPM and ROTS...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:04 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

and the whole jabba sequence at the start. or do people not like that?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 01:19 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by Raoul
even if you don't like the ewoks, the duel between luke and vader is one of the best parts of the original trilogy.

calling it the worst when we had to sit through achingly bad parts in all three movies of the PT is silly, imo.

So? If the movie had been those 15 minutes, it would have been awesome. It wasn't.

I'm not expressing your opinion, I'm expressing mine. Sorry, I think most of ROTJ is ACHINGLY bad. I dont think one good sequence makes a movie great. Likewise I dont think one bad sequence makes a movie bad. It is by far my least favorite and I rarely watch it, though it did have some really great music.

I agree. The VAder/Luke(and Palpy) scenes in ROTJ are highlights in the saga. Highlights in a way TPM and AOTC did not have them.

I don't. There was no more cohesive and artistic sequence in the entire saga than Kamino. The intensity and the camerawork of the Battle of Geonosis is only surpassed by the Death Star Run imo. Its the best done battle in the entire Saga. I like those scenes. A scene does not make a good movie.

Moments of character intensity? The scene on Tatooine where Anakin and Padme are talking outside the Lars homestead and then he takes off into the sunset to Duel of the Fates is very competitive with Luke returning to the homestead in ANH and Luke lashing at Vader out of the darkness in ROTJ. All three scenes are very comparable, and the music phenomenally paired in all.

The battle over Endor was junk. Lucas couldn't get his mouth around the sFX on that sequence. Even in the edited version there are still only like 5 ships. If you want a space battle, look to TPM or ANH. Coruscant could have been "THE space battle" in ROTS, but the exposition was about getting to a ship, not fighting your way there.

AOTC is my favorite movie in the saga. I wont argue that its the best film, but its my favorite. If you want to talk about the best Star Wars FILM, ANH stands absolutely alone.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 04:21 PM
queeq
Chaos

I don't. There was no more cohesive and artistic sequence in the entire saga than Kamino. The intensity and the camerawork of the Battle of Geonosis is only surpassed by the Death Star Run imo. Its the best done battle in the entire Saga. I like those scenes. A scene does not make a good movie.

True and that's just it with the Geonosis battle: it's just a very well made action scene. But that's it. It's emotionless, pretty pictures, good editing but it doesn't really take us anywhere. As the whole of AOTC does: it lasts well over two hours and takes us nowhere. The Vader/Luke/Palpy scenes are a) emotionally excellent b) it's a well done ending of a saga, ergo it concludes Luke's journey satisfactorily. (Han's and Leia's on the other hand are quite off, I agree there). So in balance, ROTJ outweighs AOTC by a long shot, since SW2 excells at being obsolete.

Moments of character intensity? The scene on Tatooine where Anakin and Padme are talking outside the Lars homestead and then he takes off into the sunset to Duel of the Fates is very competitive with Luke returning to the homestead in ANH and Luke lashing at Vader out of the darkness in ROTJ. All three scenes are very comparable, and the music phenomenally paired in all.

Come on, the acting is terrible in those scenes. And the emotional motivation for the characters is deplorable: how on earth (or on Tatooine for that matter) can a clever, sharp and driven woman like Padme go for such a whiny, sadistic, arrogant brat? That scene is all wrong... all wrong.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 05:56 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So? If the movie had been those 15 minutes, it would have been awesome. It wasn't.

I'm not expressing your opinion, I'm expressing mine. Sorry, I think most of ROTJ is ACHINGLY bad. I dont think one good sequence makes a movie great. Likewise I dont think one bad sequence makes a movie bad. It is by far my least favorite and I rarely watch it, though it did have some really great music.

the luke/vader thing was just an example. there's the jabba's palace scenes. the skiff scenes. the yoda scenes. the scene between luke and leia in the ewok village. the bike chase. han smacking that guy over the rail with the backpack. the ewok smacking himself in the face with the bola. luke's scenes with vader and the emperor. thats more than 15 mins on its own, the duel is only the last part of that.

you don't like ROTJ, i can understand that. a lot of people don't. calling it the worst part in the saga though?

also, agree on the music. it is awesome at times.

Come on, the acting is terrible in those scenes. And the emotional motivation for the characters is deplorable: how on earth (or on Tatooine for that matter) can a clever, sharp and driven woman like Padme go for such a whiny, sadistic, arrogant brat? That scene is all wrong... all wrong.

yeah, i agree with you there. 100%

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 05:57 PM