KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » The Anime Versus Social/Off Topic thread

The Anime Versus Social/Off Topic thread
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (36): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kento
I tried...Anything not DBZ/Naruto/Bleach related seems to die out

That's because my experience is that people only know what's on Cartoon Network.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 10:12 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by Peach
That's because my experience is that Americans only know what's on Cartoon Network.

Fix'd >.>

big grin <3 Peach

In all seriousness, though, I have had a few thoughts to vs, but it's hard coming up with someone who I think would be a proper opponent. For instance:

Enma Ai vs...who? Who would be a good match for Hell Girl? I say this because I just finished watching the series on IFC, so I'm interested in how it would turn out. I'm sure the manga reveals even more about her, but I haven't had a chance to read it.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 11:46 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Though they should have let Kage-Gaara transform, even if the transformation did'nt appear in the manga.

Yep, it's still quite a decent increase, assuming you have a substantial amount of cards removed.
Be careful of necroface's last effect, you lose all your removed from play cards if you decide to bring him back, Gren & Helios would become worthless then.
Should've but he's seriously strong enough without it.

Why would I loose them? Unless I bring it back to my hand but I don't remember any cards that brings removed from play cards to the hand. And special summoning it the effect wouldn't work since it says normal summon.

@Quincy - Why skip a game? Even though I'd rather play Accel 2 than 1. Shippuden anime hasn't been dubbed yet but there is no point in skipping a game in the series. Though Ninja Storm is about the only reason I want a PS3, and for Metal Gear Solid 4 of course.

@Peach - That's the sad truth. If an anime makes it to cartoon network it suddenly becomes a lot more popular.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 01:59 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

@Quincy - Why skip a game? Even though I'd rather play Accel 2 than 1. Shippuden anime hasn't been dubbed yet but there is no point in skipping a game in the series. Though Ninja Storm is about the only reason I want a PS3, and for Metal Gear Solid 4 of course..

The first shippuden game is a joke man. It's basically just an add-on to the third one, with time jump team naruto, gai, sand, and the two akatsuki. And chiyo right? WOO-HOO!

Why not just release the next one? It covers the story from the first shippuden game, so where's the problem?

The bleach game for the wii was released, even though it had characters in it that STILL haven't shown up in the anime.

To Companies: More Money > Quality gaming experience.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 02:03 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Quincy
The first shippuden game is a joke man. It's basically just an add-on to the third one, with time jump team naruto, gai, sand, and the two akatsuki. And chiyo right? WOO-HOO!

Why not just release the next one? It covers the story from the first shippuden game, so where's the problem?

The bleach game for the wii was released, even though it had characters in it that STILL haven't shown up in the anime.

To Companies: More Money > Quality gaming experience.
The whole Ultimate Ninja series is the same with just add on characters. Nothing has really changed since the 1st. Gameplay is the same and everything. By that logic it's like why release 2 in teh states when Japan had 4. Though I don't like how 3 made you only able to have one ultimate, and how 4 you have three ultimates again but they are only one stage. It's not like it keeps going if you win the thing like in 1 and 2.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 02:14 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

The whole Ultimate Ninja series is the same with just add on characters. Nothing has really changed since the 1st. Gameplay is the same and everything. Though I don't like how 3 made you only able to have one ultimate, and how 4 you have three ultimates again but they are only one stage. It's not like it keeps going if you win the thing like in 1 and 2.

Right man you said it - they are all add ons.

so why not just put out the newest game?

And can you put it in japanese?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 02:14 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Right man you said it - they are all add ons.

so why not just put out the newest game?

And can you put it in japanese?
It's the same idea as why make a DBZ game that doesn't include anything after Freeza or Cell saga, and doesn't include DB. Except with Ultimate Ninja series they are just translating a game as the series goes. There really is no excuse for a DB game on the 360 to not have every character.

Yea, you can have the Japanese dialouge. I tend to switch between the two. Myself.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 02:17 AM
Quincy
Debaser

It's the same idea as why make a DBZ game that doesn't include anything after Freeza or Cell saga, and doesn't include DB. Except with Ultimate Ninja series they are just translating a game as the series goes. There really is no excuse for a DB game on the 360 to not have every character.

Yea, you can have the Japanese dialouge. I tend to switch between the two. Myself.

It's a little different with the dragonball games.

The dbz games come out in japan around the same time they do in the US.

Ultimate Ninja 4 has been out for what, 3 or 4 years now?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 02:27 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

It's a little different with the dragonball games.

The dbz games come out in japan around the same time they do in the US.

Ultimate Ninja 4 has been out for what, 3 or 4 years now?
2 years.

And DBZ games don't need to start over. Sure they come out together but I don't see why they have to only have up to Cell and no DB characters. I also think a 360/PS3 version could put a lot of extra characters from movies. Like Paragus, Bardock's team, Bojack's men. Has Super 13 been in a game yet? I'm still hoping End of Z Trunks and Goten get in a game since I hate GT's look but want them as adults...Though a dream that will never happen more than likely.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 02:34 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Why would I loose them? Unless I bring it back to my hand but I don't remember any cards that brings removed from play cards to the hand. And special summoning it the effect wouldn't work since it says normal summon.

@Quincy - Why skip a game? Even though I'd rather play Accel 2 than 1. Shippuden anime hasn't been dubbed yet but there is no point in skipping a game in the series. Though Ninja Storm is about the only reason I want a PS3, and for Metal Gear Solid 4 of course.

@Peach - That's the sad truth. If an anime makes it to cartoon network it suddenly becomes a lot more popular.

What about Neji ?(Shipudden)

Yeah, my mistake, misread the effect.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 05:41 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
What about Neji ?(Shipudden)

Yeah, my mistake, misread the effect.
Didn't really play him except once. He's a bit stronger but he's not much faster unlike Lee and Gaara to their past selves. Not that Gaara is fast but he's gotten normal speed when walking instead of moving slow. And Sasori is so slow since you have to be the large puppet. Deidara is cool though.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 06:19 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by XanatosForever
Fix'd >.>

big grin <3 Peach

In all seriousness, though, I have had a few thoughts to vs, but it's hard coming up with someone who I think would be a proper opponent. For instance:

Enma Ai vs...who? Who would be a good match for Hell Girl? I say this because I just finished watching the series on IFC, so I'm interested in how it would turn out. I'm sure the manga reveals even more about her, but I haven't had a chance to read it.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 06:55 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LDHZenkai
Evergreen Oldboy

Trying to read a manga at 3am is not a good idea. Just took me like 15 minutes to realize i was reading from left to right instead of right to left. You would think the fact it didn't make sense would've been an indicator. I'm going to blame my ignorance on the fact I'm watching OldBoy and batch converting files at the same time...yea sure that's a good reason.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 07:24 AM
LDHZenkai is currently offline Click here to Send LDHZenkai a Private Message Find more posts by LDHZenkai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Red

One of my all time favorite animes is Gungrave. First appeared on G4. Excellent series.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 12:35 PM
The Red is currently offline Click here to Send The Red a Private Message Find more posts by The Red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by The Red
One of my all time favorite animes is Gungrave. First appeared on G4. Excellent series.
I tried to get into Gungrave but gave up after like 2 episodes. Though I guess it's hard to get into an anime when you have somebody bugging you every couple of minutes so I had trouble knowing what was going on.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 01:50 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i have watched a few shows, pretty good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 04:16 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Red

I tried to get into Gungrave but gave up after like 2 episodes. Though I guess it's hard to get into an anime when you have somebody bugging you every couple of minutes so I had trouble knowing what was going on.
Meh, first two episodes are quite slow. Gets good once they are actually accepted.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 04:23 AM
The Red is currently offline Click here to Send The Red a Private Message Find more posts by The Red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Meh, first two episodes are quite slow. Gets good once they are actually accepted.
Maybe I should give it another chance then.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 06:00 AM
NemeBro

Well I'm back.

Didn't really think anyone in this forum would have really given a damn though. no expression

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 07:59 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Welcome back, TGE.

Originally posted by XanatosForever
Fix'd >.>

big grin <3 Peach

I absolutely love how everyone's just kind of refusing to make a response to at least the above example. I guess everyone likes having Narutard vs Detergent vs DBZ all the time, even though it ends up following the trend of DBZ>Narutard>Detergent.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 08:05 AM