KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Roronoa Zoro Vs. Rurouni Kenshin

Roronoa Zoro Vs. Rurouni Kenshin
Started by: The Red

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Geass

Zoro has the Power,Endurance but from what I hear of Keshin he has more speed than Zoro,but I think Zoro wins this.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 04:09 AM
Geass is currently offline Click here to Send Geass a Private Message Find more posts by Geass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IppoDLuffy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
I am talking about when Zoro dodged like a hundred of Kuma's blasts.
Oh well i thought it was retarded but hey I am a Kuma fanboy cause he is so badass

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 04:58 AM
IppoDLuffy is currently offline Click here to Send IppoDLuffy a Private Message Find more posts by IppoDLuffy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

And Kuma's blast supposedly move at the speed of light, and Zoro dodged them.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 05:29 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geass

Originally posted by KingD19
And Kuma's blast supposedly move at the speed of light, and Zoro dodged them.
Zoro is fast but, not as fast as light.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 12:14 PM
Geass is currently offline Click here to Send Geass a Private Message Find more posts by Geass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

That is why I am asking.

I hope either:

A. Kuma's blasts are not lightspeed and it was just hyperbole.

B. He dodged Kuma's aim.

Otherwise, Mihawk, Whitebeard, and Shanks are FTL, and Kizaru's Devil Fruit is redundant.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 01:45 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I consider Kuma's attacks moving at lightspeed to be hyperbole, not to mention it seemed that most of them were aimdodging

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 12:53 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Endless Mike
I consider Kuma's attacks moving at lightspeed to be hyperbole, not to mention it seemed that most of them were aimdodging
Yeah, I agree with this. Zoro having lightspeed reflexes would be retarded.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 01:03 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Danielnoctis

Originally posted by NemeBro
Hahaha read some One Piece.

Kaku is faster than either of them, and Zoro fought and defeated him.

Then there is the fact that Kenshin's sword could not so much as physically harm Zoro.

Brick walls and cement? Zoro can cut straight through steel.

At the Kyoto Genocide Arch,when the trio finds the ship,Saito asks Kenshin: "Can you perform Zantetsuken(iron cutting technique) ?"
Kenshin: Only on the part out of the water.
(if it can cut iron it can cut Zoro's flesh like butter)

And regarding Kenshin's speed: when the trio is inside the true hideout of Shishio, at Kenshin's duel with Shinomori Aoshi, Komagata Yumi(Shishio's sidekick women) was reporting the battle:
".....the final blow was...... to fast to see". eye's look at light speed, and for a blow to not be seen, it must be even FASTER, godspeed is no pun-intended.
Kenshin would kick zoro's ass. thought it would be a match to remember.

Last edited by Danielnoctis on Aug 8th, 2009 at 08:14 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2009 08:11 PM
Danielnoctis is currently offline Click here to Send Danielnoctis a Private Message Find more posts by Danielnoctis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Sure...only, Zoro can do all those things much more effectively. Don't get me wrong, I like Kenshin, he's a major badass, but Zoro is just stupid strong/fast/etc.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 12:54 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jugglenaut
Kain fanboys? ROFL

Originally posted by Danielnoctis
At the Kyoto Genocide Arch,when the trio finds the ship,Saito asks Kenshin: "Can you perform Zantetsuken(iron cutting technique) ?"
Kenshin: Only on the part out of the water.
(if it can cut iron it can cut Zoro's flesh like butter)

And regarding Kenshin's speed: when the trio is inside the true hideout of Shishio, at Kenshin's duel with Shinomori Aoshi, Komagata Yumi(Shishio's sidekick women) was reporting the battle:
".....the final blow was...... to fast to see". eye's look at light speed, and for a blow to not be seen, it must be even FASTER, godspeed is no pun-intended.
Kenshin would kick zoro's ass. thought it would be a match to remember.

Too bad Zoro can cut STEEL instead of weak iron.
And Kenshin's godspeed = the speed of light? laughing
That must mean Sojiro must have been even faster than that.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 01:10 AM
Jugglenaut is currently offline Click here to Send Jugglenaut a Private Message Find more posts by Jugglenaut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Danielnoctis

Originally posted by Jugglenaut

What do you mean weak iron? It was a warship's metal composition for f*ck sake, way more stornger then the chains Zoro cutted.

Do you know what godspeed stands for? It means an unreachable speed, gods are gods their speed is supposed to be faster then anyone can imagine or any of this universe's stuff can reach.

Plus One Piece is a bit more fictional then Rurouni Kenshin, Kenshin master even reminds Kenshin that:"your only human".
Also in One piece there are some inconsistencies, you see, when Zoro fought Baroque Works he vanished from the roof and stood there watching as the others in a heartbeat, but then when they were attacking him he seemed at problems at times, and even said himself that some attacks he barely dodged.How can you not be seen jumping from a roof but have a bit of problems when it comes to dodge the attacks coming from the same enemies?

Kenshin has way more experience, he's like a legend and in his world there is no one better then him, he actually struggles if he can keep fighting with the Sakabato and without turning to the Battosai. He does all that "handicap" and is still the best in his world. Measure his strength and talent now.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 11:14 AM
Danielnoctis is currently offline Click here to Send Danielnoctis a Private Message Find more posts by Danielnoctis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Iron is structurally weaker than iron, that's a scientific fact. It doesn't matter what it's used for, if you make two identical items out of iron and steel, the iron will be weaker.

Godspeed is clearly a hyperbole, since you yourself made it clear that Kenshin is only human. His speed is very impressive for that fact, but since there were never any gods apparent in the series, we can't really challenge the godspeed theory.

Being in a more fictional world does not debunk Zoro's skills. There are some inconsistencies, but they outnumbered by a large amount of consistent, high-end strength, speed, and durability feats. Also, it's very easy to jump from a roof and not be noticed if people aren't really paying much attention to you. And simply jumping off a roof is not the same as attacking and defending from a mob. It takes a lot more concentration to be able to pay attention to your surroundings against such a large number of people. The fact he managed to defeat them all is impressive. I don't recall Kenshin facing that many foes at once before.

Sure, I could see Kenshin having more experience, but Zoro isn't some static swordsman. He's learning the more he goes along. Think about this: early Zoro faced off with the best swordsman of the One Piece universe, and survived. He's only gotten better since that time.

Also, Battosai is nothing more than Kenshin bloodlusted. It actually hurts his skills when he's given in to his "Battosai" personality.

Again, I like Kenshin Himura a lot. It was one of the first animes I used to watch, and he's a ral badass. However, Roronoa Zoro has faced much more powerful enemies and survived or surpassed them. Even with his legendary speed, he's outclassed.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 07:25 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Danielnoctis

I know iron is weaker but Zantetsuken is just the name of the feat, they never really told that the ship was made of iron, that's why I said *metal compound* and it's a war ship, therefore it makes sense that it was made of a metal composition and no single metal alone.(actually it's almost impossible to have a battle ship made by a single type of metal)
Rurouni Kenshin's world is the same as ours => same gods.[there's even a Buda shown there, Anji's(the disgraced monk) history], but then again no one has seen a God to tell the speed, I know it's hyperbole, but it's meant to give you the idea of the impossible, like there's no living thing faster then a God I presume.Can anyone name a faster thing?

As for the jump: they were talking to him a sec ago,and went mental when they didn't see him the next sec, jumping from a roof is fine... but Zoro even stood there among their lines and not being seen by 200 eyes which were constantly watching at you a sec ago is, you know bullsh*t, you just can't cover the angle if your not fast enough someone's bound to see you, right?

Also the fact that you said it's harder to fight numerous people at once(they have crap skills)keep in mind that you are that strong, then vanishing in front of 200 eyes is ironic. Y?
well except of the obvious, there really is only 4-5 people who can actually harm you at a time, and let's not forget that almost half of the 100 pirate hunters killed themselves because Zoro ducked and they shot each other. Also Zoro fought in a advantageous terrain, a city-like one inside buildings and out, whereas Himura Kenshin used to fight in an open-ended battle field.And in a battlefield there's more then 100 attackers,(remember when he taught Yahiko how to fight several enemies?)
kenshin uses a Sakabato which slows his drawing and swinging time, and needs way more knowledge and talent to bear the crossing with a cutting edge(right angle and momentum)
Zoro survived the best swordsmen because he proved himself to be one hell of a man with a will to defeat flesh-wounds, it was a mere approvement of his skills from that best swordsman,'cos he clearly let him live at that point.Overall:
Zoro covers a wider sector,has unusual attack patterns(carries a sword in his mouth all right?) has a lot more endurance(though he's still human himself), I guess more shear strength then Kenshin too, can make some badass stunts.They both have iron-bending will.
But is out-classed by kenshin because: kenshin can read his moves,kenshin has more experience(i can't stress this enough), three swords don't necessarily beat one, presumably Kenshin is faster.

Last edited by Danielnoctis on Aug 9th, 2009 at 08:43 PM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 08:33 PM
Danielnoctis

Yep, faster. Soujiro and later Kenshin too in the same fight moved with *super* god-like speed.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 08:54 PM
Jugglenaut
Kain fanboys? ROFL

Do you know what godspeed stands for? It means an unreachable speed, gods are gods their speed is supposed to be faster then anyone can imagine or any of this universe's stuff can reach.

Holy shit, more hyperbole wankage.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 04:01 PM
Jugglenaut is currently offline Click here to Send Jugglenaut a Private Message Find more posts by Jugglenaut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Danielnoctis

Holy shit, more hyperbole wankage.

Let me get this straight:
What do you want instead? If stuff isn't hyperbolic in action flicks, it'd be f*cking boring.you wouldn't see buildings crumbling from punches,bullets cut in half,you get the picture. Instead you'd see how Juanito betrayed Magdalena. XD

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 04:57 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That isn't what hyperbole is. no expression

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 11:20 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Danielnoctis

Originally posted by Nephthys
That isn't what hyperbole is. no expression

The fact that some dumbass actually searched wikipedea for that stuff is what's so funny laughing

And again, what do you think hyperbole is smartass?
Don't disgrace yourself,read what you post, don't just copy/paste the link.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 07:14 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

That is unnecessary bashing on someone you weren't even debating with. Reported.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 10:28 PM
Impediment
Endless

The fact that some dumbass actually searched wikipedea for that stuff is what's so funny laughing

And again, what do you think hyperbole is smartass?
Don't disgrace yourself,read what you post, don't just copy/paste the link.

Quit the bashing. Now. Keep it up and it's a warning.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 10:41 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote