KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 22- Hostage Crisis

Episode 22- Hostage Crisis
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Episode 22- Hostage Crisis

Been waiting for this one for a while. Loved the appearnce of Cad Bane since getting a look at him at Toy Fair, looks promising.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2009 05:35 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here is a pick. He is this series response to Durge.

Attachment: 250px-cad_bane.jpg
This has been downloaded 119 time(s).

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2009 05:37 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I think its nice that there are additional Durge-calibur baddies. I also think its positive that some of the villians will now more immediately fit in with the series. I dumbs down the "SURPRISE! Its Ventress again!" repetativeness we've seen. Its also cool that he's alien. Duros is a good species to push further because it has a lot of ground in the series, all the way back to Star Wars, and has barely been developed.

However, with increasing quantity comes dilution. Not only will Bane (Wait? isn't there ALREADY a Bane in Star Wars? ....that was rhetorical, highlighting the unoriginality of the name) take screentime away from important, yet undeveloped baddies like Ventress, Grivous, and Dooku (even Tambor, etc Seperatist leaders). I also feel he's a BIT too Western with the hat and trenchcoat. THe little breathie things help some, but he's a bit retro.

I would have rather seen a kickass Mando liek Ghez Hokan or something from fandom that could have pushed the boundaries a bit. But, at least its original, and I'm always willing to give original ideas a shot.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Mar 14th, 2009 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I think he looks ridiculous and out of place as a hardened bad guy, honestly. I will leave off on actual judgment until we see him in action, but he is nowhere near Durge...

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 09:41 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

What's with the hat?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 07:29 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

I honestly would have rather seen Durge back than having to watch a skinny space cowboy... Durge was pure evil to be honest.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 07:36 AM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed.

However, accompanying Cade Bane in this episode is going to be the bounty huntress Aurra Sing. If they decide to hold to her Expanded Universe backstory, she is a former Jedi-in-training and now a Dark Jedi who kills Jedi, whether she is paid to or not. So we have a potential for a lightsaber duel, here...

...unless they stray away and keep her to her blasters. Which will annoy me.

However, the situation is that they're supposed to take the Senate hostage on Coruscant. Their reason? To free Ziro the Hutt... yes, Ziro. From the movie.

I'm not excited.

Last edited by REXXXX on Mar 17th, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 10:16 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Whats wrong with Ziro?

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 10:27 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Aside from the offensive gay stereotype, his brand of villainy was horribly, horribly lame. I was not threatened by him at all. It also shows that Jabba didn't have him violently executed as was implied.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 10:38 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

To many homophobes(not saying your one) rip on Ziro. It really makes me sick

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 11:29 PM
REXXXX
Networking

It's not just the homophobes (no offense taken). There are homosexuals who viewed Ziro as an offensive gay stereotype, what with his appearance, his voice, his ill-natured ways.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 09:53 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

As I bi-gay man, I did not find Ziro offensive. Gays can be bad people too. I reject the notion that any minority must be portrayed in a positive light all the time. That aside, Ziro cant even be gay because Hutts are hermaphroditic. ALL Hutts are portrayed as jerks, feathers and tattoos aside.

Star Wars (especially Clone Wars) is full of such BORDERLINE stereotypes...the East Asian-like Nemoidians, the crazy German doctor from the Shadow Virus episodes, the Jamaican inspired Gungans, pompus British/German Admirals from the original trilogy (and Yularen)...all of these groups carry a LOT of stereotypes. I find these to be more species based than individual-based. But this is more one of the innate flaws of Star Wars...its too much about good v. evil. There is little middle ground.

I would like however, that if Lucas would portray exceptions to these rules. I'd love to see a gay Mandalorian couple, a Neimoidian with a backbone, a crazy German doctor that helps people, and a Gungan with motivation, maturity, and a brain.

I do find a good deal of the criticism against Ziro offensive and homophobic though. That is more aggravating to me than the character.

<><><>

That aside, I'd LIKE them to tie together more episodes. Ziro is a CHARACTER, if nothing else, and has a lot more personality than some of the pointless baddies we've had to endure. And if Aurra Sing can come in and get some back story, great! That's tying three things (clone Wars movie, series, TPM) together. This series needs to do more of that. I'm all for the attemept.

I wont hold my breath on the authenticity of her character though. I've already had to endure the complete bastardization of Alpha (who was renamed Rex because of Anakin, Artoo, Ahsoka (which is a friggin MANS name) and Alpha would be too many A's according to Lucas. So, he took an established badasss character and renamed him (and re characterized him). This is a wound for me that wont heal. Thankfully, I dont know anything about Aurra...and really don't care lol. (I just know how it feels)

I'm still going to be giving this episode a shot. All in all, every episode is about execution, and I haven't seen it yet to tell if it was executed correctly.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 02:47 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

There was a Neimodian with a backbone some episodes back...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 05:38 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Which one was that? The one on the battleship in Episode 19?

He was better, but he didnt have a backbone, he ran away and abandoned his battleship. Now that I think of it, I dont even know if he died.

Nemoidians always plot then lose...and are cowards in the process.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 06:49 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Aside, I just watched the preview [SPOILER - highlight to read]: ...it has commando droids, the Weequay Pirates, Aurra Sing, the IG87 models vs the Senate Commandos, Bail Organa, some of the other senators from the deleted rebel alliancescenes in ROTS...

This episode is going to be one giant clusterf*ck of characters. I hope Filoni doesn't go SEASON FINALE! and everyone gets lost in the crowd. There are a lot of powerful characters here, especially for introducing about 27 new ones.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 06:57 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Whoa, clustf*ck indeed. Neat to see the commando droids back, though. Should provide entertaining fight scenes, if not story. But here's rooting for the story.

Good to get your opinion on Ziro, Ordo. Personally, I just found him to be painfully annoying. His voice grated. Fair enough that he has characterization and tie-in, though.

So far the Neimoidians with backbones have only had them to start with. The Neimoidian who tried to exterminate the Lurmens and the Neimoidian who engaged Skywalker over Ryloth both exhibited cunning and intelligence to begin with, but once their plans went to shit they bailed (or were captured). Unfortunate.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 07:56 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Actually, the commando droids were in Liberty on Ryloth too smile They beat up the two clones that go in to reactivate the bridge. I loved that they just charge in unaddressed in the film, especially because I'm lukewarm to their concept.

<><><>

Ziro is a bit annoying, but he's a slug. I don't think his intention was really supposed to be a badass character. If that was the intention Darth Maul would be there shirtless seducing Padme (or a clone!). I've kind of grown to like him because he is so different. He doesn't entirely fit the Star Wars mold. If he was in EVERY episode, yeah, that's annoying, but once a season? I can live with that.

You can't deny that he's a character lol.

<><><>

I didn't see Lot Durd as having a spine. He lands on a rural planet to test a gun, with Dooku's permission. And is kind of incompetant...then fails miserably. lol.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 09:41 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
It's not just the homophobes (no offense taken). There are homosexuals who viewed Ziro as an offensive gay stereotype, what with his appearance, his voice, his ill-natured ways.

I can see your point of view.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 12:25 AM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ordo

I I've already had to endure the complete bastardization of Alpha (who was renamed Rex because of Anakin, Artoo, Ahsoka (which is a friggin MANS name) and Alpha would be too many A's according to Lucas.

Alpha and Rex aren't the same character, are they?

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 12:26 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ordo
If that was the intention Darth Maul would be there shirtless seducing Padme.

Epic.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 05:06 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote