KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 22- Hostage Crisis

Episode 22- Hostage Crisis
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Seducing or raping?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 07:51 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

No, Alpha and Rex are canonically different. Which is stupid.

I actually haven't completed the Ryloth trilogy yet, Ordo. I watch them online a week late.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 09:49 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Seducing or raping?

Either or. big grin

Originally posted by Captain REX
No, Alpha and Rex are canonically different. Which is stupid.

*SCREAMS THIS OUT ACROSS THE UNIVERSE*

Its incredibly stupid. I wish they would just go back to the comics and have Anakin rename "Alpha" "Alpha Rex"...and change hsi hair color so he its not bleach blond like a douche.

I actually haven't completed the Ryloth trilogy yet, Ordo. I watch them online a week late.

Ah. To me, it seems a good preview of (stylistically) how Filoni is going to treat Hostage in terms of tying together different parts of Season 1. I hope such intensity is continued in Season 2. I dont know how many more "Dooku Captured" flops i can stomach.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 01:31 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Intensity???

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 07:42 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Faster, more intense.

lol, Rex, dont read this yet.

So, in "Liberty", parts of the story were pre-established. We knew what commando droids were., We knew Anakin and Ahsoka were leading the naval battle. There were points, for the FIRST time in this series, where a main character interjects and interrupts one action sequence with another in a PARALLEL fasion as opposed to a linear one. I did not expect to see Anakin ans Ahsoka play a supportive role in "Liberty," likewise for the commando droids. Yet, both just charge onto the screen without a linear introduction. All of a sudden after the meandering clank-clank of the tinnies, two Cdroids rush into the room and start punching and kicking the clones. Mace is busy with his own battles, but suddenly we cut to (very close up shots) of a heated arial battle. Multiple plots action plots were occouring simultaneously. Even better (and why they were not abject failtures like the interruption of Anakin v Kenobi with Yoda v Sidious), these plots built on eachoter and fed an increasing feeling of intesity in the film. The wove together multiple stories ("Storm" and "Rookies") using main characters as in complementary roles WITHOUT introducing them in the beginning of the Episode.

This is likely how [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Aurra Sing, Bail Organa, and the Weequayan Pirates are going to be treated in "Hostage."

Last edited by Ordo on Mar 19th, 2009 at 09:14 PM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 09:06 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

That's what we're hoping for, but I have a feeling they'll still go 'THIS IS AURRA SING, SHE WAS A BACKGROUND CHARACTER IN A MOVIE, NOW SHE'S HERE.'

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 09:43 PM
Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

*Shudder*

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 07:56 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

They haven't been that tactless yet. I wouldn't worry. I just wish they'd start pleasing the clone fan base (this is the karking clone wars) as opposed to the random 5 second character in Episode I fanbase.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 04:03 PM
queeq
Chaos

Maybe they should stop pleasing fans and start making some good stuff.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 05:26 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Well, as a fan, I really dont think its good unless I'm pleased. So, I think those goals are one and the same.

One of my friends is a Kindergarten teacher. Every Monday the kids write a journal about what they did over the weekend. There are four or five boys in the class that EVERY Monday write about Clone Wars. He's not a fan, but I do get him to watch some episodes with me just to keep on top for his kids.

I understand that Lucas wants to increase the fan base. The PT was not made primarily with the ancient fans in mind. Yet, I dont see why I dont fall in the demographic for Filoni's clone wars. I'm a 22 year old male, PT fan (I like it better than the OT), pro-EU, pro animation guy. Yet, I feel the vast majority of the episodes are hitting the demographics I've seen, 5-13 year old boys. I feel the complexities of the stories and the morals are WAY WAY below me. Granted, I'm a smart guy, but there should be some depth in these episodes. I think they've aimed too low for their "fan base" or misunderstimated what kind of content reaches what generations. And I, like other fans here, have grown impatient. Maybe Lucas sees the live action series as reaching older fans and this for the fan Jr's, but still...growing new fans at the expense of old ones ruins the singular depth of this franchise.

War is humanities greatest endeavor; there is infinite content here. They've only scratched the surface of that. Karen Traviss has more thought in a page than Filoni packs in an episode...and Filoni isn't making 400 episodes, let alone 4 books worth of pages. Its not that I dont like Filoni either...I've seen his work on Avatar and loved it. However, he hasn't translated Star Wars, I think he is a poor protege of Lucas (there was some talk about that), and I dont see him taking the franchise in a new and good direction. I feel we're all going to be Trekked out of fandom. At this point would have rather seen a movie or Republic Commando rather than the entirety of this series.

I want this series to succeed (desperately). I dont think its earned my stamp of approval. After tonight I can start my season one reviews.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 07:52 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Regardless, Traviss is still a tremendous *****.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 08:45 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, I hate that woman...

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 04:38 AM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Saw the episode btw, it was the only one of this season(only seen about 5) that I really enjoyed. Felt more mature.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 04:39 AM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

At the end...

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 11:10 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Why's that? She's brilliant....

She writes better fic than half the _____ that they pass for Star Wars novels these days.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 04:01 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ordo

She writes better fic than half the _____ that they pass for Star Wars novels these days.

laughing

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 04:49 PM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Originally posted by Ordo

Well if you put your standards that low, what do you expect stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 07:20 AM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

That was a non-answer no expression

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 04:45 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Traviss treats her fans like utter shite. You've no doubt heard the '2 million clones' debate that she triggered?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 05:19 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Its 3 million, but yes....

So? I'm not defending her personal actions. I think her vision of clones, their personalities, and their interaction with themselves and others is brilliant.

She has captured clones and the clone wars in a way that is 1. very like my conception and 2. very well thought out. That's rare imo.

I personally think the 3 million number is too small, but likewise I believe that clones had kill ratios 100:1, 500:1 etc. Travis is right that war as in the Clone Wars is very different than we conceive it to be now. Its faster, PLANETARY skirmishes (the caps word being where I think her lack of distinction hurts her argument), but still skirmished base nonetheless. This is where her logic is valid. The Empire was an occupying force, the GAR a combat force, there are huge differences in troop requirements, mission objectives, etc. I'd rather see 3 million clones than 100 million.

Regardless, I'm not one to judge ideas and work by character.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 05:59 PM