KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Who is the 08-09 NBA MVP?

08-09 MVP?
This poll is closed.
LeBron James 3 21.43%
Kobe Bryant 7 50.00%
Dwyane Wade 3 21.43%
Chris Paul 1 7.14%
Dwight Howard 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who is the 08-09 NBA MVP?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

Who is the 08-09 NBA MVP?

Figured I'd start a thread instead of having the confusion of responding to people in the NBA discussion thread while other topics could be ensuing.

So anyway, this years race has gotten alot of heat and debate. Let's hear what us KMC'ers have to say!

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 11:52 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

It SHOULD be Dwyane Wade, but it will be LeBron or Kobe, depending on which team has the better record.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 01:59 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

I go lebron over Kobe because his support isnt as good

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 02:42 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Its a two man race between Kobe and LeBron..

In the end I think Kobe will edge him out

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 02:59 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Toad

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DanZeke25
It SHOULD be Dwayne Wade, but it will be LeBron or Kobe, depending on which team has the better record.

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 03:48 AM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I think it will be LeBron. They have the slightly better record and have like only 4 more road games. That said, if they start losing home games suddenly and let the Lakers pass them up, that may swing things towards Kobe.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 05:16 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Kobe

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 07:06 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Wade is having an incredible season. But how can they give it to him when they passed on Kobe for Nash in 05-06? As of right now I'll have to say LeBron James. His team is currently onu up on LA, James has better numbers than Kobe or LeBron, and I agree he's playing with less than Kobe.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 08:31 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warmonger

Lebron James. Pencils down.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 07:02 PM
Warmonger is currently offline Click here to Send Warmonger a Private Message Find more posts by Warmonger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Its too bad for Chris Paul though. Hes playing better than Nash when he won his, yet with Lebron and Howard etc around he might not ever win one.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 07:39 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warmonger

Honestly I felt that James deserved it last year. But if they had given it to CP3 I wouldn't have minded much. I didn't even mind that Kobe got it cause it was 'his turn' since the skipped him several times when it should have been his.

Having said that Lebron is far and away the leading candidate IMHOP. By any metric he deserves it.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 10:02 PM
Warmonger is currently offline Click here to Send Warmonger a Private Message Find more posts by Warmonger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by forumcrew
Its too bad for Chris Paul though. Hes playing better than Nash when he won his

That to me has more to do with Nash getting lucky than Paul getting screwed. Especially this year, since the Hornets will only be around 50 wins.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 11:13 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Toad

Originally posted by Warmonger
Honestly I felt that James deserved it last year. But if they had given it to CP3 I wouldn't have minded much. I didn't even mind that Kobe got it cause it was 'his turn' since the skipped him several times when it should have been his.

Having said that Lebron is far and away the leading candidate IMHOP. By any metric he deserves it.

D Wade is on a good team, but in the end, the Heat are not a real contender.

The fact that Wade practically carries his team to win big games says more than what Lebron does, because he is surrounded by the likes of Mo Williams and Big Z. Kobe is no different.

Kobe is arguably the best in the league today, but he's surrounded by talent. Even more than Lebron. He's been called a ball hog, but he's also that good. He's hard working and driven. The reason he might not win; he's been around and what he does isn't new.

Lebron is explosive this year and he's out shined Kobe. So has Wade for that matter, but he's been around for a while as well. People like to see the young guy because he's expected to carry the league for his generation.

Who wins the M.V.P. will come down to who has the best team record. With that in mind, Cleveland certainly wouldn't have the record it has without Lebron (*cough* and the refs *cough* stick out tongue ), but you could argue that without Mo, they wouldn't have said record either. Which is why what Wade has done is so impressive. He's practically winning games for the Heat.

Also, CP3 and Dwight are both amazing, but to the mass, it's about 40+ points and team records.

It will be Lebron. It should be Wade.

In the end, it doesn't bother me. Wade and Lebron are on the same level. It's more about the situation.

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 11:29 PM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by geshien

The fact that Wade practically carries his team to win big games says more than what Lebron does, because he is surrounded by the likes of Mo Williams and Big Z. Kobe is no different.

Kobe is arguably the best in the league today, but he's surrounded by talent. Even more than Lebron. He's been called a ball hog, but he's also that good. He's hard working and driven. The reason he might not win; he's been around and what he does isn't new.

Lebron is explosive this year and he's out shined Kobe. So has Wade for that matter, but he's been around for a while as well. People like to see the young guy because he's expected to carry the league for his generation.

Who wins the M.V.P. will come down to who has the best team record. With that in mind, Cleveland certainly wouldn't have the record it has without Lebron (*cough* and the refs *cough* stick out tongue ), but you could argue that without Mo, they wouldn't have said record either. Which is why what Wade has done is so impressive. He's practically winning games for the Heat.

Also, CP3 and Dwight are both amazing, but to the mass, it's about 40+ points and team records.

In the end, it doesn't bother me. Wade and Lebron are on the same level. It's more about the situation.

good words

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 11:55 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warmonger

Originally posted by geshien

I agree with much of what you say. We can all see wade carrying this team on his back. Also Mo has been a godsend for the Cavs this season but Lebron is the MVP because he is more valuable to the Cavs organization than Dwayne Wade is to the Heat.

How you say? First let me preface this by saying that these metrics are subjective and subject to some interpretation. First though lets replace Lebron with an average SF say Joe Alexander. He is not too bad but he isn't the face of any franchise. So you got a starting line up like this

Mo Williams
Delonte West
Joe Alexander
Anderson Varejao
Iglauskus

Terri fed? No one is. That is a team barely better than the Nets and fighting like a dog to get a playoff spot.

Take out D-Wade and you got a joke team that would struggle to take down OKC much less sniff a playoff spot.

So what does that mean? A team like the one I described would be lucky to get a seed but they would be bounced out first round. Dwayne wade is keeping his team in it but they will in all likely hood get a second round boot. In the end both teams will be sitting home come June and since this is a league where there is only one championship the player that gives his team the greatest chance to win that championship is the MVP. Kobe certainly puts his team over the top, but I don't believe it is by as wide a margin.

Of course its basketball and there is room for plenty of upsets and unexpected turns. But you have to ask yourself what is more valuable? Having a chance at making the play-offs or having a good chance of winning a ring?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 05:11 AM
guy222
With my gal

Kobe does have the better talent

2 man race

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 05:45 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warmonger

I also realize by the standard I just ut there Dwight Howrad is a serious competitor.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 06:08 AM
forumcrew

Originally posted by Myth
That to me has more to do with Nash getting lucky than Paul getting screwed. Especially this year, since the Hornets will only be around 50 wins.

Dont get me wrong was not commenting on CP3 getting screwed this year. I never said that and dont think he is.

I was saying for his entire career he will be against Lebron/Howard/Kobe/Wade etc... and likely wont win because of it.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 07:18 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Dirk Nowitzki stick out tongue

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 11:29 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Dirk Nowitzki stick out tongue

Nah

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 06:37 PM