KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman Vs Hancock

Superman Vs Hancock
Started by: SuperkatmanX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Apparently you don't get it, having a movie character going against a comic character is spite. In the comics Superman has moved planets, busted a moon, etc... And until Hancock can put more feats under his belt, it's really unfair to put him against Comic Superman, or even movie Superman.
In the movie Superman has turned back time by flying around the planet, moved faster than light, and lifted a small continent surrounded by Kryptonite with Kryptonite jabbed in his side, and immediately after survived orbital re-entry.

It is spite no matter how you look at it.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 03:38 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nightmare08

Originally posted by SuperkatmanX
Seriously i dont think in any universe they would allow Hancock to be more powerful then Superman, Hancock is a rip off of Superman.

How?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 05:56 AM
nightmare08 is currently offline Click here to Send nightmare08 a Private Message Find more posts by nightmare08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperkatmanX

Originally posted by nightmare08
How?

your tellin me that when you watched the movie, it didnt relate back to Superman at all? apart from him being black

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 06:03 AM
SuperkatmanX is currently offline Click here to Send SuperkatmanX a Private Message Find more posts by SuperkatmanX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Well many of Superman's powers are from the "Generic" Power Set.
Flight, Invulnerability, Super Speed, Super Strength, even energy projection in the form of heat vision and frost breath. There are many people who have these powers. You can't really say he's a clone of Superman unless he's a character like Gladiator, or Sentry, or Hyperion, who are obvious copies. Hancock is just a guy who can fly really fast, can hit really hard, can lift a whole lot, and is basically impossible to hurt.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 06:30 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

And the only reason people think of all of these as copies of Superman, is because he was the 1st. Apparently, everyone is a copy of everyone else then. Black Lightning/Electro, Wolverine/Midnighter, Deadpool/Deathstroke, etc....

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 06:33 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Superman has Hancock beat because Hancock simply doesn't have the feats to match. Or the experience for that matter.
Besides didn't he feel the heat from an apartment fire? That suggests his durability isn't too high.

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
In the movie Superman has turned back time by flying around the planet, moved faster than light, and lifted a small continent surrounded by Kryptonite with Kryptonite jabbed in his side, and immediately after survived orbital re-entry.

It is spite no matter how you look at it.

thumb up

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 04:58 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Negro flew to the Moon and back, I think his durability is high.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 07:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Yeah, just because you feel something, doesn't mean it hurt you. I could feel the heat radiating off of a campfire, does that mean it hurt me? No, it just means I felt it. Who says Superman didn't feel it when that mini gun was going off on his chest, maybe he felt it, it was just not enough to hurt him.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 08:19 PM
nightmare08

your tellin me that when you watched the movie, it didnt relate back to Superman at all? apart from him being black

A lot of superheros have the powers that superman have. So u can't say he's a rip off of superman. They both come from different backgrounds

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 08:44 PM
nightmare08 is currently offline Click here to Send nightmare08 a Private Message Find more posts by nightmare08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperkatmanX

Originally posted by nightmare08
A lot of superheros have the powers that superman have. So u can't say he's a rip off of superman. They both come from different backgrounds

Super strength, Super speed, Flight and something that makes him powerless.. That's what weve seen so far and also practically invulnerable

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 01:54 AM
SuperkatmanX is currently offline Click here to Send SuperkatmanX a Private Message Find more posts by SuperkatmanX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nightmare08

Super strength, Super speed, Flight and something that makes him powerless.. That's what weve seen so far and also practically invulnerable

I didn't see hancock with super speed.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 04:29 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

this should be closed for really bad spite

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 04:32 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

He has super sonic flight, but on the ground, I don't think he has super running speed.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 05:48 AM
SuperkatmanX

Originally posted by jalek moye
this should be closed for really bad spite

I don't understand why?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 06:14 AM
KingD19

Superman has so many high level feats compared to Hancock, is basically spite. And while Hancock very well could be on Supe's level, until they give him as many movies, with as many feats, it's basically unfair. It's like putting Toyman in a hand to hand fight with Thor.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 06:23 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I don't understand why?

everything hancock did superman could do only like a thousand times easier

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 06:52 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperkatmanX

Superman has so many high level feats compared to Hancock, is basically spite. And while Hancock very well could be on Supe's level, until they give him as many movies, with as many feats, it's basically unfair. It's like putting Toyman in a hand to hand fight with Thor.

But from what weve seen,, Superman would just kick Hancocks arse with ease right? Im talking even pre crisis...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 08:08 AM
SuperkatmanX

Originally posted by jalek moye
everything hancock did superman could do only like a thousand times easier

These are the comments for why i made this thread,, me and a couple mates have been debating on this, myself being a huge Superman fan and knowing all the things he can do, believe this is no match. But they seem to think Hancock would win because apparently you couldnt kill him. And ive looked up a couple other threads which seem to think the same thing. i might have to watch the movie again before i make the next post

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 08:16 AM
KingD19

Well, he was basically invulnerable until he came into contact with his mate, if she wasn't around, he was pretty much unstoppable.

And you can't compare Hancock and comic Supes, only movie Supes, movie Supes still has more feats than him. And like I said, until he gets Hancock 2, with huge feats, then Superman automatically is stronger, but there is a possibility that Hancock can't be harmed unless he's around another of his own kind.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 11:22 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Well, he was basically invulnerable until he came into contact with his mate, if she wasn't around, he was pretty much unstoppable.

And you can't compare Hancock and comic Supes, only movie Supes, movie Supes still has more feats than him. And like I said, until he gets Hancock 2, with huge feats, then Superman automatically is stronger, but there is a possibility that Hancock can't be harmed unless he's around another of his own kind.

just because hancock cant get harmed by the low grade human weaponry used in the film doesn't mean that he can't get harmed by stuff on supermans level. He's so far beyond the weaponry used in that film, and so far beyond the strikes of the girl. Because when they first got into the fight they didn't seem to be losing their powers just yet, infact the sure nature of it seemed to change at the end of the movie.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 12:10 PM