KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman Vs Hancock

Superman Vs Hancock
Started by: SuperkatmanX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nightmare08

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tra-EL
If you would of read my post, I specifically said that everything that was done in Hancock they already DID with Superman (Flying around, saving people, understanding strengths, powers, etc) other than the PLOT. The plot is in reverse to hero's like Superman, and is made for us to see that Hancock is a super-hero like Superman, but obviously has issues and doesn't go about them the way Superman would. THAT is clear.

It is what it is. Yes, Superman wasn't the first to fly, but he was the first hero of ANY HERO that came after him. He was the first with an origin and on the scene in the comic world in 1938.

To compare Hancock and Superman is ridiculous because for what we know, we have NO idea about Hancock and if there IS a possibility of a back story. Maybe something like Kryptonite sides on Earth that can in fact hurt Hancock. We know absolutely nothing about him. He has NO origin story. Superman is one of the worlds most recognizable hero's and some say he's a figure of the world. We've seen him in action with comic books for 76 years! Hancock has made it to the big screen for just a block-buster movie with a big name actor. I don't think he is even meant to be compared to a hero like Superman, because it's just retarded.

76 years of existence compared to 1 year/movie. This is going in circles, and no one will EVER get to the bottom of this, unless DC release's a line of Hancock comics, and in fact they did meet face to face.

It's like debating Cassette tapes, to CD's if you ask me. Yes they can do the SAME thing and produce music.. but are they really on the same level with each other? That's Superman Vs Hancock.

I did read your post and it doesn't make sence because flying around saving people is what happens in a lot of superhero movies. And I believe that he already understood his stregnths and powers. And saying its a reverse plot like supermans is saying its like reverse to any other super hero who didn't have the problems that hancock had

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 08:24 PM
nightmare08 is currently offline Click here to Send nightmare08 a Private Message Find more posts by nightmare08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tra-EL

Originally posted by nightmare08
I did read your post and it doesn't make sence because flying around saving people is what happens in a lot of superhero movies. And I believe that he already understood his stregnths and powers. And saying its a reverse plot like supermans is saying its like reverse to any other super hero who didn't have the problems that hancock had

Mostly every super-hero movie out there and that has ever been done basically has been based on a comic book of some-sort, and where people know the exact story of their origins. X-Men, Iron Man, Batman, Watchmen, Spiderman, Superman the list goes on. Not every super-hero movie just has the hero flying everywhere and saving people, they are based on the plots of the comic books and by the way that character is portrayed in that certain series/origin of the character.

Hancock has no background, no comic book to go off of, and basically was introduced to the world by this movie alone. So the point of his character was to compare him to a character like Supes and say "listen, he is a hero like Superman, but has PROBLEMS that a super hero like Superman doesn't have, but anyone can catch the drift of a comparison to Superman..."

Why didn't he build a special armor suite for himself like Iron Man/ Batman did? Why didn't he get bit of some sort and climb walls and buildings? Why didn't he have claws coming out of his hands?

Answer:

Because they weren't comparing him to those characters, but to the character of none other than Superman..(Flight, Invulnerability, Super Speed, Strength, etc.) Basically rip-off of some sort but with a different plot and reversed phycology to how Superman goes about his business.

And around-and round- we go. cool

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 08:55 PM
Tra-EL is currently offline Click here to Send Tra-EL a Private Message Find more posts by Tra-EL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

Originally posted by nightmare08
Well hancock also stoped bullets when he got shot like 20 times in the face, threw a big a** whale into the ocean, stoped a train just buy standing on the tracks, and more. I know that doesnt compare to the stuff that superman has did since super man has comics and like 4 movies. But if there is gonna be a hancock 2 I believe we will see him do a lot more amazing things.

i haven't even compared hancock to all versions of the superman films, just superman returns. in the previous movie versions, superman turned time back by forcing the earth to reverse its rotation in superman 2, he moved the moon in superman 4, he took on an evil superman in superman 3, and then there's this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA8MNDtnizs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI1UVDOuMqE

but i do concur.. we need more exposure to hancock's abilities to better gauge this fight logically, if not fairly. until then, i say supes PWN hancock..

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 11:22 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tra-EL

quote:
we need more exposure to hancock's abilities to better gauge this fight logically, if not fairly. until then, i say supes PWN hancock..

+1. Agreed on all counts. Let's open this back up as soon as.. say Hancock II hits theaters/comics.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 12:14 AM
Tra-EL is currently offline Click here to Send Tra-EL a Private Message Find more posts by Tra-EL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

hancock takes out superman

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 02:54 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by chomperx9
hancock takes out superman

lol how

and you better not be talking about comic superman?

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 03:13 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jalek moye
lol how

and you better not be talking about comic superman?
talking about movie superman. doesnt make sense to put hancock towards a comic character since he doesnt have any comics so the only fair match would be him against movie superman.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 03:38 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperkatmanX

Comic Superman beats Hancock
Movie Superman loses. [/B][/QUOTE]

you have a long way to go my friend.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 04:37 AM
SuperkatmanX is currently offline Click here to Send SuperkatmanX a Private Message Find more posts by SuperkatmanX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperkatmanX

Originally posted by Tra-EL
Mostly every super-hero movie out there and that has ever been done basically has been based on a comic book of some-sort, and where people know the exact story of their origins. X-Men, Iron Man, Batman, Watchmen, Spiderman, Superman the list goes on. Not every super-hero movie just has the hero flying everywhere and saving people, they are based on the plots of the comic books and by the way that character is portrayed in that certain series/origin of the character.

Hancock has no background, no comic book to go off of, and basically was introduced to the world by this movie alone. So the point of his character was to compare him to a character like Supes and say "listen, he is a hero like Superman, but has PROBLEMS that a super hero like Superman doesn't have, but anyone can catch the drift of a comparison to Superman..."

Why didn't he build a special armor suite for himself like Iron Man/ Batman did? Why didn't he get bit of some sort and climb walls and buildings? Why didn't he have claws coming out of his hands?

Answer:

Because they weren't comparing him to those characters, but to the character of none other than Superman..(Flight, Invulnerability, Super Speed, Strength, etc.) Basically rip-off of some sort but with a different plot and reversed phycology to how Superman goes about his business.

And around-and round- we go. cool

end game and owned!! People who think Hancock can defeat supes.. is clinically retarted

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 04:48 AM
SuperkatmanX is currently offline Click here to Send SuperkatmanX a Private Message Find more posts by SuperkatmanX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SuperkatmanX
Comic Superman beats Hancock
Movie Superman loses.

you have a long way to go my friend.

[/B][/QUOTE] perhaps you should try reading again what i posted. i put doesnt make sense putting hancock towards comic superman cause superman would whip him. putting hancock towards movie superman thats a more fair fight and yes hancock would whip movie supes

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 05:31 AM
SuperkatmanX

Believe me i did read it right,, and your wrong.. VERY wrong its funny. How would Hancock do it can i ask?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 06:45 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Well, current movie, ot any movie Superman may not have the endurance to make Hancock wailing on him count for nothing. While he was shown to be strong, the only durability feat we really saw weren't enough to prove that Hancock can't hurt him. Hancock's punches could indeed affect him. And the whole turn back the earth thing was because of his speed, not his strength.

Last edited by KingD19 on Mar 27th, 2009 at 07:35 AM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 07:30 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SuperkatmanX
Believe me i did read it right,, and your wrong.. VERY wrong its funny. How would Hancock do it can i ask?
hancock wasnt as fast as movie superman i admit that but he looked stronger. all superman has to do is call hancock @sshole and hes done for.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 07:35 AM
KingD19

Actually, Hancock reach super sonic speeds, and it didn't really look like he was pushing himself. He also had to reach pretty fast speeds to get to the moon and back in such a short amount of time. I say Hancock is plenty fast enough to keep up with him, but I don't know about beating Supes in a race.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 07:38 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KingD19
Actually, Hancock reach super sonic speeds, and it didn't really look like he was pushing himself. He also had to reach pretty fast speeds to get to the moon and back in such a short amount of time. I say Hancock is plenty fast enough to keep up with him, but I don't know about beating Supes in a race.
super sonic speeds is fast but superman can go light speed. in superman returns he flew faster than hancock for sure.

in a race superman would win for sure

fist fight hancock has a good shot for sure if superman calls him @sshole.

i know superman doesnt say that to often cause its not good for his image but if hancock sleeps with lois lane that would get supes started up enough to start saying some hard stuff to hancock that would piss him off even more.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 07:51 AM
KingD19

I don't know if Hancock can reach lightspeed, but what I meant by Super Sonic, was Super Sonic in the atmosphere. He obviously reached escape velocity, and considering he got to the moon and back so quickly, he had to be hitting some serious nitro, because rocket ships take months to reach the moon, and just as long to get back. I'm figuring he did that somewhere in the span of hours, and I'm assuming it took that long because he had to paint the moon and keep checking his work to make sure it matched the picture.

Last edited by KingD19 on Mar 27th, 2009 at 07:57 AM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 07:54 AM
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know if Hancock can reach lightspeed, but what I meant by Super Sonic, was Super Sonic in the atmosphere. He obviously reached escape velocity, and considering he got to the moon and back so quickly, he had to be hitting some serious nitro, because rocket ships take months to reach the moon, and just as long to get back. I'm figuring he did that somewhere in the span of hours, and I'm assuming it took that long because he had to paint the moon and keep checking his work to make sure it matched the picture.
true another thing to he has no weakness exept for getting to close to that other woman cause they are the same species. and she said the further he gets away from her the stronger he will get. if supes and him where to fight on another planet he would definitely have a bigger shot at whipping supes then cause he would be so far away from her.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 08:04 AM
KingD19

Yeah, as soon as he got a few meters from her, he could super jump, and then further then that, he instantly got his flight and speed back, and they both started healing.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 08:06 AM
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, as soon as he got a few meters from her, he could super jump, and then further then that, he instantly got his flight and speed back, and they both started healing.
superman would walk up close to hancock and hancock would say to supes if you dont back off your head is going up my @ss and luthors head is going up your @ss. he would probably find a way to do it to big grin

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 08:09 AM
KingD19

LOL

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 08:10 AM