KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Bringing Sabretooth back to life - How would you do it?

Bringing Sabretooth back to life - How would you do it?
Started by: srankmissingnin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Bringing Sabretooth back to life - How would you do it?

How would you write Sabretooth back to life if you worked for Marvel? I'd have someone take this head and neck to a meat slicer, taking off a razor thin layer of flesh from both ends and reattach his head to his body. The Muramasa blade only works on the places it comes in contact, so that seems like a suitably nice, dark and gruesome way to bring Creed back to life if MAX oneshot. How would you do it?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 06:35 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Well...i would bet..Mr(Mrs) Sinister can do it...all they would need is his blood....it might be a clone....but it is something Sinister has done many times

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 07:28 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Well, cloning would be the answer to almost every death case in comics and sf, yet it's rather dull, unimaginative and overused. But to be honest, i'm not able to come up with anything original either. sad Let him stay dead for good, i say.

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 08:40 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

When Sinister revealed that the Marauders had been cloned several times he also revealed that Sabretooth was the only original member alive and that his healing factor prevented him from being cloned successfully.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 09:17 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Well when he was cut with the blade, his healing factor didn't work, so I'm assuming if they take tissue from the wounded area, the cloning might succeed.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 10:04 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Retcon all of this Romulus stuff is how I would bring Sabretooth back to life. no expression

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 01:37 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warrior18
Keyboard Warrior

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Retcon all of this Romulus stuff is how I would bring Sabretooth back to life. no expression

thumb up

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 02:26 AM
Warrior18 is currently offline Click here to Send Warrior18 a Private Message Find more posts by Warrior18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 03:33 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

That's actually an idea i'd strongly support!!!

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 10:23 AM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: Bringing Sabretooth back to life - How would you do it?

Seperate Loebverse from 616 Universe.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 09:03 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Seperate Loebverse from 616 Universe.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 06:33 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

I don't mind the romulous stuff. loeb run was fine for what it was. I actually liked the art a lot. Also the whole seperate races thing kinda made senses

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 09:03 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I kind of have an idea for this. Do a series wherein Sabretooth is sent to Mephisto's hell and confronts his past origin style as he is tormented and confronts his demons. Some things that I would include to add more depth to him would be showing his definitive origin and original name since it's implied by people like SHIELD that his real name isn't Victor Creed, showing his dealings with Romulus and Weapon X, and then maybe bringing him back to life or at least the realm of the living as a different kind of character. One thing that I think would be awesome based on what was shown as some past relationship with Typhoid Mary and on one of the tie-ins to the Mutant Massacre would be revealing that Sabretooth has some kind of a deep psychological fear of Daredevil/Matt Murdock. Anyone who's read that old comic would know what I was talking about.

Quick summary is this, right after the massacre in the Morlock tunnels, some gangs try to move in to the tunnels and encounter Sabretooth who proceeds to maim them and take a girl as his concubine. Daredevil comes (this being a near homeless, post-born again, very pissed off daredevil) and fights him to a standstill, basically throwing him around from one side of the tunnels to another, not surprising considering DD has been able to stand his ground for an impressive amount of time against Namor and the Hulk. Sabretooth then gets really scared when he figures out Murdock is blind and has a mental breakdown and runs away like a scared ***** when DD makes him confront his own fading humanity.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Last edited by Darth Jello on Mar 27th, 2009 at 05:13 AM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 05:05 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nighty101

I am a writer and do you know what I would do? First I would do what Marvel did to Nightcrawler to make HIM more popular. I'd make him his own comic series staring his history and making some new adventures. Then I'd make him have a son other then Crayton Creed. Someone else.... someone that was erased from the History of Marvel. Daniel Creed. A man with his father's appearence, long nails, and a shape-shifting ability. It would make sense. Then we could have Sabretoothe debut. Sorta like what they did with Nightcrawler. They made him have a daugter, Nocturne, to brighten things up a bit. The Nocturne fans automatically loved Nightcrawler so it all worked out.

(Magneto, Mistique, and Sabretooth are soooooo screwed)

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 05:23 AM
Nighty101 is currently offline Click here to Send Nighty101 a Private Message Find more posts by Nighty101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

In my mind the only way to attempt an outright redemption on all the issues of Sabretooth's demise would be this:

Romulus has been "banished" to Cloak's darkforce demension; while Wolverine was under the impression that this was his own plan, we come to find out that Romulus actually intricately designed those events specifically to be put there of his own accord.

Come to find out that Romulus has an alias... he's also been reffered to by associates as Stoic Landau.
As the head contributer to the company Landau Luckman and Lake, he's got access to all sorts of demension/time jumping technology, some of which he had on his person under the trenchcoat when Wolverine left him in the Darkforce Demension.

We the readers are then treated to some insight on the various networks and operations that Romulus is a part of, having dipped his hand in every type of genetic/technological experimentation at one time or another.
Some backstory is given showing that one of his divisions had engineered telepaths who function as "fortune tellers" much like the oracles from the Chronicles of Riddick.
Romulus got the heads up well ahead of schedule as to what would happen on M day and knew what he had to do.
Fearing that M day might ruin millenias worth of research and design Romulus had Sabretooth captured and removed from 616 reality by a new character (let's say a Death's Head 2.5 or 1.5 or some shit) switching him out with AoA Sabretooth from the Exiles and using Weapon X tech to wipe both of their minds and implant false memories of one another.

((((We come to find out that the DH is a reality hopping bounty hunter of sorts and was indirectly responsible for displacing/chasing Silver Fox from a different demension into the 616 Marvel Earth semi- explaining just what she was doing back when Team X went to confront Psy-borg at the weapon X facility.
Her sheer precense becomes a direct threat to Romulus' manipulations on Wolverine's mind up to this point as it discredits all the real memories that Wolverine thought he had. Romulus takes out his frustrations on DH by besting him (revealing his true powers/power level to be >>>>>>>> Wayverses' portrayal when he's not playing a weakling for the sake of an angle) and takes his body back to his research facilities explaining how they had this DH under Rom's control. ))))

When DH delivers 616 Sabretooth (again out of the premonition that Sabretooth would have lost his powers if he was in this universe on M-day) he leaves the Adamantiumized Sabretooth with the Exiles.. explaining where Sabretooth's Admantiumized skeleton came from.
Exiles Sabretooth being left on Marvel Earth explaining where his Adamantium dissapeared to.

When DH returns to the 616 verse he finds out that there's a time flux in the destination between the Exiles and 616 continuity and he ends up right infront of the annihalation wave completely destroying him in the process and thus the recorded travel log to track where Sabretooth ended up.

Romulus now knows where Sabretooth is, but has no idea how to get there given the time shift.

yaddyaddayadda and Sabretooth has become a part of the Crystal Palace in Exiles finale. Romulus finds out the only way to get there from his plane of existance is through the Darkforce Demension because time has no definite barring there.

Romulus goes to the Crystal palace and negotiates his way into getting it to give up Sabretooth.

Bringing Sabretooth back to 616 through the Darkforce portal we find out that Sabretooth has all along been Rom's real point of interest being that Sabretooth has always been Wolverine's superior.

In hell, somehow it comes to lucifer's attention that the Creed he thinks he's tamed is not the "real thing".
AoA had his scent masked by Romulus during the switch something Wolverine never picked up on until the last part of evolution.
His tears where during a brief moment of clarity realizing what he had become under the control of someone else once more.
Infuriated, the Devil sends hellspawns to take AoA Creed's soul back to his body ridding the affects of the Muramasa Blade under the condition that he kill the real Creed thus also introducing Aoa Creed into Marvel mainstream.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 01:43 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Plenty of "clean" ways to do it plot wise, personally id like to see Him given what i like to call the "Back to the Future" treatment. A current story "bad guy A" is sent back through time to do dastardly deads, he crosses paths with creed and his aligences at the time, they have a scuffle, creed gets "Bad guy A" by the throat and just as he's about to squeeze, "bad guy A" says..

"wait...i..i know..how you..die.."

Creed: "tell me, tell me everything, lets see what else you know"

Creed proceeds to kill "bad guy A" and then sets out on a path to alter his timeline. Bt asi said there are a few ways to go about it, nearly none of them original in this day n age. Another approach that might make for fun reading would be Undead Sabretooth, or Souless sabretooth, brought back by voodoo or necromancy in body and mind only (borrowing from supernatural tv series) maybe his soul is trapped in hell and his body has been re-animated.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 01:02 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilTyrant

Theres 2 ways to bring him back, the 1st way would be to say that the Sabretooth that was killed wasn't the original. I hated the way he died, on his knees crying, and not in his right mind. Thats no Creed I know. The 2nd way is to have him climb out of hell with Wolverine. Maybe even have him and Logan team up to take down Satan. Hoping Ares comes back as well, I hate when they kill off characters with great potential, just because they're not using them right.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 07:57 PM
EvilTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send EvilTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by EvilTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skekUng

I'd bring him back by not killing him off in the first place.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 08:33 PM
skekUng is currently offline Click here to Send skekUng a Private Message Find more posts by skekUng Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by EvilTyrant
Theres 2 ways to bring him back, the 1st way would be to say that the Sabretooth that was killed wasn't the original.

That'd be the easiest way. He was mindless, had different scent...

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 09:06 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote