KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » King Vegeta vs. Bardock

King Vegeta vs. Bardock
Started by: six6six

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

On Planet Vegeta this symbol means hope.

On Earth it means Goku Man.

(please log in to view the image)

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 06:54 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Isn't that flashback just anime filler though?
Oh it's definitely non-canon filler. It's right up there with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnqtg0bte6w&t=0m39s

Canonically it took Saiyan saga Vegeta's absolute most powerful attack to destroy a single planet, and canonically Vegeta had already surpassed his father when he was just a kid:
https://i.imgur.com/hoTAySQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/eIMjQHL.jpg
(iirc, KV's PL was ~10,000, which means Vegeta's PL was almost 2x his by the Saiyan saga.)

So yeah, the idea that KV could casually triple-planet-bust is absurdly nonsensical from a canonicity POV. The scene itself looks badass, though. thumb up

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
True, old Bardock did have a manga appearance with the Planet Vegeta flashback, but it's retconned now by the new one/DB Minus manga. Hackiyama doesn't give a shit and ****s around with continuity as he sees fit.

Even if you never considered most of the Bardock movie special canon, him dying a warrior's death against Frieza along with his planet is still preferable to well, what we have now. Even Frieza getting triggered when he first saw Goku on Namek at the realization he was Bardock's son means pretty much nothing now because of the retcon.
Not sure why you think Bardock's death in the original movie special has necessarily been retconned by Minus..?

I mean, Minus doesn't show us Bardock's fate one way or the other. For all we know, he still does make some sort of heroic last stand against Freeza. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 4th, 2018 at 11:31 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 11:20 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well going by the 2nd Broly trailer, I thought the new Bardock just dies with Gine after he sees Goku off? I thought that was the whole “emotional moment”, rather than him going down fighting. Maybe I presumed too much but is what it looked like. If he does still have a heroic last moment against Frieza though, then glad to have been wrong.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 11:55 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I hope so too.

Really want Tori to give Bardock *some* iota of respect... I'll be shocked if he does, though.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 06:06 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Galan007
I hope so too.

Really want Tori to give Bardock *some* iota of respect... I'll be shocked if he does, though.
Toriyama used to love the original Bardock concept.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 07:30 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote