KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Neo(Revolutions) vs. Superman(Returns)

Neo(Revolutions) vs. Superman(Returns)
Started by: six6six

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

And using the same example... either you're right, or the rest of the world is colour blind.

You have to admit though, you aren't being very honest when you don't even admit theres a factor of interpretation. It's no where near the same as saying Superman's costume has blue in it.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 08:28 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was being facetious.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 08:35 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Placidity
Lol... Speculations keep being presented as if they were facts.

1. Superman has been estimated to be close to the speed of light.

- There are several instances which indicate he is nowhere near light speed. Maybe its due to PIS, maybe not.

2. Superman Flying through a blackhole.

- Purely speculation on some very weak and ambiguous evidence, if any.

3. Neo is only Mach 3 - 4.

- Neo has been confirmed to be at least mach 3-4 in one instance. He has other feats to suggest he can fly much quicker.

. . .

As for the topic at hand, No man that can have blood drawn from him by a mere sword strike can stand up against the Man of Steel.

It wouldn't be much of a fight at all.
1. 1% of lightspeed is faster than Neo.

2. Can't comment because I do not recall the instance.

3. Name them.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 03:20 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LDHZenkai
Evergreen Oldboy

Uhm if it takes place where he fought Smith Neo wins...since it would be in the matrix and superman doesn't have super powers in the matrix. Unless you guys just wanna ignore the stipulated battlefield or suggest that superman somehow has super powers in the matrix?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 09:49 PM
LDHZenkai is currently offline Click here to Send LDHZenkai a Private Message Find more posts by LDHZenkai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Everyone in the Matrix has the same abilities that their actual body possesses.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 12:57 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Everyone in the Matrix has the same abilities that their actual body possesses.

well yes and no....
Most people in the matrix can't do much more than what we see them do in th movies, and that takes practice. Neo is an anomaly with an above average mind. The machines in effect gave him that power. If superman's mind was plugged into the matrix, it might take him a while to adjust. Where as Neo has been duking it out with agents, and hundreds of Smiths, since the tail end of the first movie.(what that means chronologically in their world idk.)
In conclusion...
(A)neo can basically bend "most" of the matrix to his will.
(B) superman has had no experience in the matrix.
(C) its not superman's "physical" body in the matrix so he technically can be damaged.
therefore i think Neo wins.

Last edited by omgchos on Mar 29th, 2009 at 01:30 AM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 01:28 AM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru

3. Name them.

Watch the scene where he flies to catch a falling Trinity.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 02:14 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Why is this still being debated? Superman wins.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 04:06 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

^ I dunno, cause there are probably still some people who think Neo can do anything in the Matrix.

Anyway, this is a repeat thread. There are already two others, with
Mine being the original stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 08:27 AM
Trackz

This isnt a race, it's a fight, in terms of combat Neo is faster and more skilled, not only that but Superman pulls his punches.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 01:10 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Trackz
This isnt a race, it's a fight, in terms of combat Neo is faster and more skilled, not only that but Superman pulls his punches.

Neo isn't that fast in combat. He fights at normal speed overall considering all his fights. There was a moment in M1 where he pulled a bullet-time bullet dodging feat. After that, he has never shown that type of combat speed again. Also, I think its not something they can constantly do, since the agents only pull that move when its absolutely necessary.

The other thing is Superman doesn't have any good combat speed feats because he hasn't fought any one...

But the main thing that wins this fight is Superman's incredible strength, which he used to lift a subcontinent. I don't know why you said Superman pulls his punches or what that proves, but I don't remember him punching anyone in Returns (probably because they would have to make it R-Rated after that for extreme gore and graphic violence).

One punch from Superman will totally destroy Neo. Neo got hurt by some dude with a sword.

Neo needs to stop bullets. Superman doesn't care about them.

Heat Vision or Artic Breath would work fine too.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 01:33 PM
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

look its not a question of who's "physical" body is stronger.

-Superman has NEVER been in the matrix before this.

-Right off of the bat Neo wins. If superman has time to practice he wins.

Its that simple.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 09:12 PM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LDHZenkai
Evergreen Oldboy

It doesn't matter how long Superman has to practice in the Matrix. Neo is the only one who could achieve that level. If it was just a matter of time Morpheous had been in there for a long time and wasn't near neo's level. Also you don't maintain the same powers you had in the real world, you maintain the same residual self image...aka you look the same. So unless the OP comes back and states that it's just a guy with neo's powers fighting superman in supermans world then Neo wins. If it's a fight in Neo's world Neo wins b/c superman would be just an ordinary person.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 09:19 PM
LDHZenkai is currently offline Click here to Send LDHZenkai a Private Message Find more posts by LDHZenkai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

well thats basically what iv'e been saying.
i was jus giving superman the benefit of the doubt.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 10:06 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I don't know about the newfangled fancy-schmancy rules of the movie versus forum, but it seems silly (to me) that you are taking away Superman's powers when he enters the Matrix. It is like saying 'Luke vs. Spiderman' and then postulating that the Force does not work on Earth. Each character should be given their own set of powers and set against each other like rabid dogs. In such a situation Superman would tear Neo limb from limb, no matter how good he is at dodging bullets.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 10:34 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

Actually its not like saying the force doesn't work on earth. Its like saying if i jumped into the ocean i'd suddenly be able to breath. superman isn't superman in the matrix. hes just a computer generated self image that looks like superman. Superman(ME) can't just jump into the matrix (THE OCEAN) and somehow still have his powers(BE ABLE TO BREATHE).

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 10:54 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

You are missing the point of a versus match. We are comparing the skillsets of two different combatants. We aren't looking for what one character would be able to do if their opponent was a regular human, we are trying to determine the victor at full strength. Any other power level is necessarily pure speculation. In a fight between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Mace Windu we don't force one to be a Sith because we don't know what either of their respective powers would be as Sith. You are making a similar mistake here.

The question must not be 'what could Superman do within the Matrix' because that will always be unknown. (Inshala.) The question should be 'are Neo's showings superior to Superman's?'

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 12:00 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

The following is a portion of guidelines that Impediment provided to govern the Versus Forum
One portion of this is BOLDED, read it please...

Originally posted by Impediment
6) If somebody makes a thread and only posts "I'm bored. Pick one", or "Who's gonna win?", the thread gets closed. Period. However, if you start the thread in a more proper manner, like this for example:

"Robocop vs. Terminator: One is a cyborg cop and the other a cybernetic organism designed for killing. Which of these two would win?

-Robocop's feats are (explain his feats) and Terminator's feats are (explain his feats).

-Here are some images of both characters in a fight. [insert pics here, but must be relevant to the topic.]

-So based on this info provided, who wins?"

This is an example of one of the right ways to start a Vs. thread.

Please read this as it was written to inform us on how to make, and post in, a versus forum.

That means based on the rules put forth by whoever started the thread(i.e. them being IN THE MATRIX), we debate on who would win upon THAT criteria.

NEO WINS BECAUSE THEY ARE IN THE MATRIX

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 05:32 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're wrong.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 05:37 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
You're wrong.

That's a very convincing argument you have there.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 05:39 AM