KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » John Preston Vs Batman (TDK)

John Preston Vs Batman (TDK)
Started by: Mairuzu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

John Preston Vs Batman (TDK)

John Preston is sent to take out batman. Fight takes place in Wayne manor.

John is equipped with his two pistols he uses in the movie and his Katana at the end.

Batman gets all his equipment in the movie. (no vehicles)

I wonder if batman would use the bats...

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 11:18 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: John Preston Vs Batman (TDK)

This had been done, so I'll just re-cap my previous response:

'Preston is basically Batman with guns.'

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 11:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 12:16 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

With or without the Bats , Batman stomps John Preston

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 07:36 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: John Preston Vs Batman (TDK)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
This had been done, so I'll just re-cap my previous response:

'Preston is basically Batman with guns.'

No. no expression

This isn't even close. Maybe if you took Preston's guns away. Unlike a certain Dark Knight, Preston doesn't need a sophisticated sonar system to see in the dark. no expression

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 01:08 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I donno...

prestons h2h skills look way more skilled than batman in the movie

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 04:20 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Mairuzu
I donno...

prestons h2h skills look way more skilled than batman in the movie

also this fight takes place in Wayne Manor, thats another edge that goes to Batman..

I just watched Equilibrium the other day and IMO his skills are not even on par with Batman's

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 12:17 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nolan's Batman did nothing impressive H2H wise. He beat a bunch of "Ninjas" who were only ninja in name, nothing else. What other impressive H2H has he shown? Random thugs who are scared shitless and not thinking clearly?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 12:33 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Agreed.

Batman doesn't need guns. Thats how badass he is. smokin'

Nigga can't shoot what a nigga can't see wink

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 01:49 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Nolan's Batman did nothing impressive H2H wise. He beat a bunch of "Ninjas" who were only ninja in name, nothing else. What other impressive H2H has he shown? Random thugs who are scared shitless and not thinking clearly?

Batman was trained by master martial artists. the fighting technique shown in TDK hints towards Batmans true ability. Preston is nothing without his pussy ass guns. Yes, he may have his guncatta movements memorized perfectly but without guns his guncatta isn't going to help him with the unexpected. Batman, however, is always prepared for the unexpected.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 01:55 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Luckily for Preston, he has his guns and sword, so Batman goes down.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 04:10 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Batman was trained by master martial artists. the fighting technique shown in TDK hints towards Batmans true ability.

Masters? Really?

What mastery did they show?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 04:56 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

This guy would kill Batman in less than a minute.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 05:20 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
This guy would kill Batman in less than a minute.

yes

This thread isn't really fair.

Maybe....MAYBE if Preston's weapons were taken away, it would be closer of a match.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 05:41 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

I don't see how Batman could take him when he got beat down by two rottweilers and a guy with a crowbar and Preston is over here dodging bullets. Just don't see any plausible way he could win.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 07:04 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Just from that video, I'd say Preston wins. Batman's disadvantage is that he is relatively grounded in reality, and thus is limited to how he would be in the real world. Equilibrium looks like a hyper-realistic science fiction film, and while that might make it campy and ridiculous as hell, it gives Preston a definitive advantage.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 09:38 AM
Master Crimzon is currently offline Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 03:40 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Masters? Really?

What mastery did they show?

Generations of training, practice and execution wink

Batman is to resourceful and innovative for Preston. Inside of his Mansion he would stealth kill the pansy, i mean...,he is a ninja laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 03:39 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Generations of training, practice and execution wink

Unless they're generations old, that doesn't matter. The fat kid enrolling in the dojo thats been teaching it's super techniques for generations doesn't chanGe the fact that he's still a fat loser, much like none of the "masters" in the Nolan universe ever showed any actual skill doing anything. Thus, Batman's CQC feats are inferior to Prestons. Preston knocks his face off.

I mean, hell. Preston dodges bullets with ease and slices a man;s face off faster than the human eye can react. Batman gets floored by two dogs. Twice. *shrug*

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 05:53 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Unless they're generations old, that doesn't matter. The fat kid enrolling in the dojo thats been teaching it's super techniques for generations doesn't chanGe the fact that he's still a fat loser, much like none of the "masters" in the Nolan universe ever showed any actual skill doing anything. Thus, Batman's CQC feats are inferior to Prestons. Preston knocks his face off.

I mean, hell. Preston dodges bullets with ease and slices a man;s face off faster than the human eye can react. Batman gets floored by two dogs. Twice. *shrug*

Unlike the fat kid, Bruce Wayne did Change. The order has influence over the entire world. I really don't understand what you are questioning. Before Bruce Wayne was trained by the order he was nothing more than a pissed off rich boy. Afterwards he became an unstoppable force. Everything that Batman is, he owes to the League of Shadows. That should highlight just how effective their teachings are.

Why is it such a surprise that Batman would be vulnerable to two trained attack dogs when taken by surprise? I really don't see how that makes him any less of a threat.

John Preston can dodge bullets because of his skill in Guncatta. It isn't as though he is quick enough to get out of the way of a bullet. He simply anticipates. So, i really don't see how that benefits him when he is fighting an enemy that doesn't use guns. It never appeared, as though he was moving all that fast at all.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 06:52 PM