KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » John Preston Vs Batman (TDK)

John Preston Vs Batman (TDK)
Started by: Mairuzu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr Will Hatch

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 07:07 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I'm pretty sure he just cut that guy's face off. Wayne can't cope with that level of badassery.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 10:22 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
I'm pretty sure he just cut that guy's face off. Wayne can't cope with that level of badassery.
laughing out loud you know!

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 05:39 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
speiderman

Look at this. Preston is a master with batons, swords, guns and raw power. He is good with every weapon imaginable and is a killing machine. Batman is a rich ninja who can be dark and violent but who could not measure up to the fighting skills of John Preston. Batman could deflect some of the bullets with his vest and some with his spiked arms but is vulnerable to being shot in the head and legs. Batman would be overwhelmed by the middle of the fight.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 04:23 PM
speiderman is currently offline Click here to Send speiderman a Private Message Find more posts by speiderman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
speiderman

Amending my argument, if the fight took place in the room during the last scene of "Equilibrium" then Preston wins. If the fight were to take place on a rooftop at night then the edge goes to batman.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 04:26 PM
speiderman is currently offline Click here to Send speiderman a Private Message Find more posts by speiderman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

There you go.

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 04:27 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by speiderman
Amending my argument, if the fight took place in the room during the last scene of "Equilibrium" then Preston wins. If the fight were to take place on a rooftop at night then the edge goes to batman.

Nah. Not even close.

Let me know what Batman took down an entire assault rifled infantry with only pistols pistols.

On top of that, let me know when he can, single handedly, take out 8 katana wielding masters with NO sword to start with.

No matter the venue, no matter the weapons Preston has, Preston wins every time.

Preston may be a close match for Violet. We should do that one. no expression

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 05:30 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
speiderman

I mostly agree with you but I still say on a rooftop at night it is 50-50. Batman excels at rooftop fighting because it is his forte. He fights well at night and can probably lay some good traps like using smoke bombs and his batarangs.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 05:46 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

What exactly is so special about fighting on rooftops? When did it become Batman's "forte?"

Only advantage Batman has over Preston on a rooftop is possibly avoiding death a bit longer due to gliding away.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 09:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
speiderman

Originally posted by Robtard
What exactly is so special about fighting on rooftops? When did it become Batman's "forte?"

Only advantage Batman has over Preston on a rooftop is possibly avoiding death a bit longer due to gliding away.

In the Batman with Michael Keaton Batman easily takes on two robbers at night on a rooftop. Batman kidnaps that banker dude in dark knight from the roof.

Batman (michael keaton) drops joker from a tall balcony into a vat of chemicals.

"In the animated movie "Batman Beyond" batman makes easy work of bad guys on the roof. And yes his cape is a weapon because it is an advantage.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 01:45 AM
dadudemon

In the Batman with Michael Keaton Batman easily takes on two robbers at night on a rooftop. Batman kidnaps that banker dude in dark knight from the roof.

Batman (michael keaton) drops joker from a tall balcony into a vat of chemicals.

"In the animated movie "Batman Beyond" batman makes easy work of bad guys on the roof. And yes his cape is a weapon because it is an advantage.

None of those amount to much in feats other than being better than goons.

Preston was taking out the world's highest trained soldiers like they were pie..and this is a future where super computers existed that could calculate human nature to such an extent that soldiers could use math to predict with a very high probability, when and where to shoot to avoid getting hit, even in a completely dark room filled with perps that have fully automatics.

So, tell me, Spiderman, how anything Batman has ever done, can even come close to the above mentioned? (You can cite his fight with some of the ninjas for starters...but that amounts to nothing compared to Preston's feats.)

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 06:48 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Batman, just cuz he's Batman.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 07:28 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
speiderman

One important fact to remember is that batman is willing to fight dirty and he does in the comic books when he is in a vengeful mood.
Batman once fought against a kryptonite weakened Superman in the comics. So batman is a dangerous adversary.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 04:14 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Preston is just a machine. Batman don't lose to machines wink

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 05:10 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

One important fact to remember is that batman is willing to fight dirty and he does in the comic books when he is in a vengeful mood.
Batman once fought against a kryptonite weakened Superman in the comics. So batman is a dangerous adversary.

1) This is the Movie Vs. Forum

2) Nothing you've said amounts to Batman being able to beat a guy who's far deadlier than him.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 05:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Movie versus thread.

Try again. no expression

Edit - Wait, I just read Robtard's post...I'm late to the show.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 06:47 PM