KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Punk Smackdown

Punk Smackdown
Started by: Quincy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quincy
Debaser

Punk Smackdown

Three teams of two show up in an empty japanese street set to throwdown rumble. All six of them love to fight, and they are here just to slug it out for superiority.

[center]Team 1 - Ichigo Kurosaki and Chad Yasutora
(please log in to view the image)

Team 2 - Ban Mido and Ginji Amano "The Getbackers"

Team 3 - Yusuke Urameshi and Kazuma Kuwabara

Round 1
1. No Powers

Round 2.
Ichigo season 1 powers (before zangetsu)
Chad season 2 powers

Yusuke and Kuwabara have their powers from after the fight with Rando.

Ban and Ginji have pre-infinity fortress abilities.

Round 3.
Hollow Mask Ichigo
Double Arm Chad

Dark Tournament Yusuke and Kuwabara

Full Power Ban and Ginji.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 03:18 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Round 1 - Dunno because I haven't gotten that far into Bleach though without powers I think GetBackers could beat Yusuke and Kuwabara.

Round 2 and 3 - Evil Eye wins every time. Though if Ban's unable to use it then I'd probably go with Yusuke and Kuwabara.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 07:12 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kento
Round 1 - Dunno because I haven't gotten that far into Bleach though without powers I think GetBackers could beat Yusuke and Kuwabara.

Round 2 and 3 - Evil Eye wins every time. Though if Ban's unable to use it then I'd probably go with Yusuke and Kuwabara.

I think Yusuke and Kuwabara could take out Ban and Ginji in a fight with no powers. Their main hobby was picking fights.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 08:51 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Chad would solo the field without "powers," he has lifted telephone poles from the ground and wielded them as weapons, and a steel girder bent over his head when it fell on him.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 09:01 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

From the beginning of the series? erm I'm assuming that's what Quincy meant by no powers, and I don't recall those particularly spectacular feats.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 10:13 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by XanatosForever
From the beginning of the series? erm I'm assuming that's what Quincy meant by no powers, and I don't recall those particularly spectacular feats.
Yes, from the beginning of the series, the steel girder was his first feat, and he did it without powers.

That is Chad's normal human durability and strength. no expression

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 10:15 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Hmm...y'know, I do remember him getting beat on, but I don't remember the girder bending. Bad memory is bad. Still, being able to take those shots is certainly impressive.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 10:23 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LDHZenkai
Evergreen Oldboy

Originally posted by XanatosForever

yea chad rescues some haunted thing and a giant girder falls on his head. He starts bleeding but acts like it's not a big deal. And yea he beat down something with a telephone pole. He takes it no problem if they fight no powers. He could punch someones skull in with one hit.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 10:25 PM
LDHZenkai is currently offline Click here to Send LDHZenkai a Private Message Find more posts by LDHZenkai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Voyeur
The Martyr

Round 1. "no powers" Yusuke is just instinct on this sort of thing. He lives to fight in the streets and fights dirty (referring to his fight against Sensui) Chad may have more strength and power, but I don't see him getting a speed drop or agility reaction on Yusuke, who will do anything and any means to win. Yusuke had no powers when he was basically fighting Gouki & Hiei. I don't know much about the Getbackers. Chad will stand in the end though most likely, if he isn't out smarted and sucker punched by Kuwabara & Yusuke.

Round 2. Idk who wins. Yusuke and Kuwabara aren't a step up much from not having powers, which goes to show even with out powers makes them that much more respectable. But I doubt they'd win.

Round 3. Dark Tournament Kuwabara shows his innate ability over his prowess of Will power in his fight with Older Tuguro. Kuwabara in fact is like a Green Lantern. Think of his spirit energy like that of the lantern core, the ring, and w/e he wants to manifest his will too, his spirit energy will follow suit. Yusuke is shown to be able to not only to phase at speeds where even some one like Tuguro can't keep up with, but that he can also TELEPORT. He has the spirit wave, spirit gun, shot gun, the cuffs are off, and he's one hell of a tough mofo.

Speed wise. I don't see who is going to out match him. Physical strength means nothing, Younger Tuguro I'm sure with muscles and physical strength alone is a **** load stronger then Chad. And that isn't even factoring in his spirit energy to back it up, which FYI is how Yusuke wins. His spirit energy has a dominating presence over Tuguro, its where his endurance and durability all lie in one. Spiritual energy, physical and life.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 10:27 PM
Voyeur is currently offline Click here to Send Voyeur a Private Message Find more posts by Voyeur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Voyeur
Yusuke had no powers when he was basically fighting Gouki & Hiei.
Wrong.

He had already achieved his spiritual powers by that point. He possessed speed to react to Hiei, a normal human cannot do that, Yusuke had powers.

Yusuke's and Kuwabara's punches will not make Chad so much as groan.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 10:45 PM
Voyeur
The Martyr

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Wrong.

He had already achieved his spiritual powers by that point. He possessed speed to react to Hiei, a normal human cannot do that, Yusuke had powers.

Yusuke's and Kuwabara's punches will not make Chad so much as groan.
The fact is stated later that Yusuke even as a normal human with out powers, did infact have spiritual prowess. Just like Kuwabara. In fact, kuwabara and Ichigo are a good example. even as "nomral" humans, their spiritual awareness of things are similar. Well, Koenma states that after Yusuke's revival under his demon heart beat that back then, even while he was a human is why he was such an easy start to teach him how to use his energy. It was in him the whole time, he just was taught how to focus and use it (i.e. spirit gun)

He already had his spiritual powers is what I'm saying, he just had ZERO idea how to use it. Not saying that he can use them in the no powers fight in round 1, just stating that the spiritual energy is still in him. Just not as exercised or trained as later on. And you're right A NORMAL HUMAN can't do that. Yusuke isn't a normal human. He is a direct line descendant of the Mazoku. That Gene is still in him while he's a "normal" human, that factor doesn't change. So, it's reasonable to see how Yusuke can react to demon like things at that time, since he is a hybrid.

The only powers he had at the time of the 3 artifacts was spirit gun. And he can only use that 5 times a day. Other then that, he was pretty much still is normal street punk ass. Speed, agility, etc. Which is obvious why against other humans, he was so much better. He had that divining factor, he was the Mazoku. Even then.

Physically, their punches would do nothing to Chad's body, but infliction of their minimal spiritual presence at that time says something. Besides, no one is impervious to their temple getting repeatedly pummeled.

Last edited by Voyeur on Mar 27th, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 10:55 PM
Voyeur is currently offline Click here to Send Voyeur a Private Message Find more posts by Voyeur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Voyeur
The fact is stated later that Yusuke even as a normal human with out powers, did infact have spiritual prowess. Just like Kuwabara. In fact, kuwabara and Ichigo are a good example. even as "nomral" humans, their spiritual awareness of things are similar. Well, Koenma states that after Yusuke's revival under his demon heart beat that back then, even while he was a human is why he was such an easy start to teach him how to use his energy. It was in him the whole time, he just was taught how to focus and use it (i.e. spirit gun)

He already had his spiritual powers is what I'm saying, he just had ZERO idea how to use it. Not saying that he can use them in the no powers fight in round 1, just stating that the spiritual energy is still in him. Just not as exercised or trained as later on. And you're right A NORMAL HUMAN can't do that. Yusuke isn't a normal human. He is a direct line descendant of the Mazoku. That Gene is still in him while he's a "normal" human, that factor doesn't change. So, it's reasonable to see how Yusuke can react to demon like things at that time, since he is a hybrid.

Physically, their punches would do nothing to Chad's body, but infliction of their minimal spiritual presence at that time says something. Besides, no one is impervious to their temple getting repeatedly pummeled.
None of what you said means a thing in this fight, if you have Spiritual Potential but cannot use it, then it is just as useful as not having it in a fight.

He was able to use his Spiritual powers by the time he fought Gouki(who is actually weaker than Chad), and needed to use a Spirit Gun in his mouth, same with Hiei, he had powers. He has none now, and Chad can floor Kuwabara or Yusuke with one punch.

He has taken blows from brass knuckles to the face and body continuously without him fighting back.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 11:00 PM
Voyeur
The Martyr

all he had was spirit gun. -.- but w/e. I'll just add, if you have spiritual energy in you, and aren't aware of it, doesn't mean you're not using. E.G. KUWABARA and ICHIGO being able to see ghosts/spirits and such. They didn't know wtf or how the hell they're doing it, it just IS. So naturally you can assume that the innate ability of the Mazoku and such was just a normal thing for Yusuke, he just wasn't aware of that factor. So the only thing spiritually brought to his attention was the fact of how to use Spirit Gun and channel it. As far as being able to see and react do Hiei's speed, that could of been is normal eye reaction time. See, he was able to keep up with 'normal' Hiei speed. Which was impressive, and impressive Yusuke could react. But once Hiei stepped those bounds of a human based vessel and used the Jagan eye to go into demon form, Yusuke wasn't able to keep up then. And yes, he had to beat Gouki by shooting that spirit gun down his mouth. He had to beat Hiei by reflecting the spirit gun off the mirror of forlorn hope. But that's all he really had. Was that spirit gun. Any way....besides the point

Normal fighting. Street Fighting. That is what Yusuke does, day in, day out. He's an ass hole. He fights dirty. This is where he excels. bigger doesn't mean better. Not here. Kuwabara can take Ichigo, and then its Chad against 2. Yusuke is respectfully more nimble then Chad, who is good at tanking hits but, wtf is that going to do him if they gouge his eyes or Jab his temple.

Chad is strong but he's a loyal, honorable guy. Respectful. Yusuke sure as hell aint like that, (Kuwabara is more or less though) I know that on a physical endurance and strength level, yeah, Chad is a pretty above average human. But where it counts to be an ass hole and fight like a prick, using your brain, I just don't see him excelling like Yusuke or Kuwabara would.

sorry, I don't know much about Getbackers. I'll have to read about them.

Last edited by Voyeur on Mar 27th, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 11:13 PM
Peach
mordrem

From the rules:

quote:
Matches that are 1v1v1 etc are not allowed and will be closed.

Closed.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 12:53 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote