KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Who is the better fugitive?

Who is the better fugitive?
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who is the better fugitive?

OK, Tommy Lee Jones's character in "The Fugitive" and "U.S. Marshall's" (Sam Gerard) is called upon to lead a nationwide manhunt. The fugitive in question is wanted (framed obviously), for assassinating the President while the President was giving a speech in a major city somewhere in the middle of America.

The fugitive must escaped the manhunt, then clear his name, using whatever methods they see fit. Here is the fugitive list:

1. Jason Bourne
2. James Bond (Pierce Brosnan version)
3. Bob Lee Swagger
4. John McClane
5. Leon (The Professional)
6. Snake Plissken
7. Boondock Saints
8. Dr. Richard Kimble (Why not? :lolsmile
9. James Carter (Rush Hour)
10. The Jackal (Bruce Willis)

Who will make it and who won't? Feel free to add and discuss additional fugitive candidates, or someone besides Gerard to lead the manhunt.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 02:05 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Bond, McClane, Leon and Bourne, will know the SOP from most official organisations, and I think would make great fugitives.
Im not too clued up on the others so I'll reserve judgement til I can be fussed about finding out who they are.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 02:10 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Who is the better fugitive?

Probably all except 7 & 9, the rest either have the intelligence, cunning and/or resources to make it to either Mexico or Canada.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 03:24 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

This got dull fast, lets put a twist on it....

Let's say that they are ALL suspects at the same time and must all run at the same time. Who lasts the longest?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 04:44 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Oh, "Running Man" style...?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Nope I just cant see who would be the runner up after McClane.....

Ummmmmmmmmmm either Bond or Bourne, I'd say.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 12:27 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Man, I'm sick of McClaine being viewed as anywhere close to someone like Bond or Bourne. He is just a living peice of PIS.

Put him in a real world scenario, where he doesn't get luck like Domino and he'd just be a cop.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 03:23 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I'd say Bourne and Bond. I would say Leon, but i really don't know how he is going to clear his name, he doesnt even exist. Bourne and Bond will be the ones who will be able to go the distance the easiest.

I think all of the other candidates will be able to escape the manhunt easily, except for, Snake Pliskin, Carter and the Boondock Saints. I don't see these guys eluding the manhunt.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 03:42 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Placidity
Man, I'm sick of McClaine being viewed as anywhere close to someone like Bond or Bourne. He is just a living peice of PIS.

Put him in a real world scenario, where he doesn't get luck like Domino and he'd just be a cop.

That's his special ability, removing that is like taking away Superman's powers of invulnerability, flight and strength.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 05:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Craig Bond>Brosnan Bond

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 08:11 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, McClane has a knack for stumbling through scenarios where most men would crumble. Sure, McClane wouldnt know what the hell he is doing here, but he seems to always find a way. Just look at his fight scenes, he is almost always outclassed, but he always wins.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 08:55 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Robtard
That's his special ability, removing that is like taking away Superman's powers of invulnerability, flight and strength.

yes
His ability is right up there with those special abilities of phenomenal endurance and resourcefulness.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 09:38 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Craig Bond>Brosnan Bond
no

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 09:41 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I think you are just being grossly unfair.

If it was pure luck that McClane relied on, he would have just sat on that roof in DH1 and let the C-4 go off, put his fingers in his ears and hoped for luck, (which would have got him killed, of course.)
No, he survived in and up to that situation by his own hand, largely.
Every bit of 'Luck' that comes his way is actualised in part by sustained stealthy efforts at self preservation/taking out bad guys.

Ergo: To just say it is pure luck "is shallow and pedantic", as Peter Griffin would say. stick out tongue

Besides if he was THAT lucky, wouldnt Hans have tripped down the stairs and broke his neck just after the opening credits, eliminating the terrorist threat, and allowing John and Holly a happy xmas..?

But no. McClane has the misfortune to have to crawl around in vents being shot at, getting shot, having his feet gashed to ribbons by glass, sustaining heavy bloodloss, then still having to fight the FBI and the head bad guys off.

Some might that that was very UNlucky.
Especially when Xmas eve three years later bad guys ruin xmas AGAIN. smile And I didnt see him winning any lottery wins.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 09:50 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mhm....Helicopter killed by Crown Vic, indo story.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 09:52 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

He aimed that car.... If he drove it in the opposite direction and it STILL hit the helicoptor, then yeah that would have been phenomenally lucky.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 10:09 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Mhm....Helicopter killed by Crown Vic, indo story.

And?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 10:24 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know he aimed it, man. I am speaking of his resourcefulness, that's all. He had the presence of mind to use the car, it shows that he adapts to most given situations.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 10:26 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Ahhhh I see. Then I agree.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 11:33 PM
Ahsoka Tano
Restricted

Account Restricted

Han Solo

Thanks TGF

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 11:35 PM
Ahsoka Tano is currently offline Click here to Send Ahsoka Tano a Private Message Find more posts by Ahsoka Tano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Ahhhh I see. Then I agree.
With the exception of fighting a trained martial artist h2h.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 12:09 AM