KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Here's the deal.

Here's the deal.
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

its kind of like having a corrupt cop you've paid to look the other way arrest you suddenly.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:57 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
its kind of like having a corrupt cop you've paid to look the other way arrest you suddenly.

No one has paid me.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:58 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

AAAHHHH that's the problem.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:59 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

No, it really isn't. At all. Not even close.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:00 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

No, it's more like a problem was brought to our attention and people couldn't handle being told to stop.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StanTheMan
_________

Originally posted by Peach
Wrong. All KMC rules still apply in the OTF. That means spam isn't allowed, trolling isn't allowed, flaming isn't allowed, ignoring a mod when they tell you to not do something isn't allowed. You still have to follow the rules, and you're still going to pay if you break them.

It's called the Off-Topic Forum because stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere is generally allowable here. That's it. It doesn't mean you can go off swearing at people or trolling others or anything.

Then WHY 99% of the time is it let go? Even if those rules still apply to the OTF, people swear and troll so often here it really feels like the norm

StanTheMan is currently offline Click here to Send StanTheMan a Private Message Find more posts by StanTheMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

the OTF is spam!!! how can you decide what's spam and isn't spam...

isn't all spam off topic?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:02 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The argument that 'it happens everywhere else!' isn't exactly helping, you know. That just tells us that maybe we should just close 99% of the threads in the OTF. Care to list the ones that need to be closed, everyone? I'll hunt them down and close them all. I'm not even joking.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:02 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Originally posted by StanTheMan
Then WHY 99% of the time is it let go? Even if those rules still apply to the OTF, people swear and troll so often here it really feels like the norm

We cannot follow it non stop and we cannot just mod OTF. We rely mostly on members to report it to us, and we deal with it.

People know the rules, or they should. If they chose to not report and join in the trolling, then once we do see it there will be consequences.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:03 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

That's the thing though - it's not just let go. When it's brought to our attention, or we catch it, it's taken care of.

Originally posted by Dyno

No, the OTF is not spam.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:04 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

weed

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:04 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

That's the thing though - it's not just let go. When it's brought to our attention, or we catch it, it's taken care of.

No, the OTF is not spam.

sure thing peach...haha

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:05 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StanTheMan
_________

Originally posted by Captain REX
The argument that 'it happens everywhere else!' isn't exactly helping, you know. That just tells us that maybe we should just close 99% of the threads in the OTF. Care to list the ones that need to be closed, everyone? I'll hunt them down and close them all. I'm not even joking.

Well if you view it like that then maybe it shows that certain mods are getting a little too excited about locking threads and should maybe take a step back and think for themselves? OTF lives off trolling and the spam around it, that's what it is, it just makes no sense that all of this is happening now

And I understand that if it affects someone, then yes mods should deal with that and I agree with that, but the whole thing that set it off, washy and rog swearing at eachother, was affecting no one as people are swearing constantly in that thread at least

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:06 AM
StanTheMan is currently offline Click here to Send StanTheMan a Private Message Find more posts by StanTheMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Mairuzu
weed

TGFwashere

Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Basic logic lesson:

Syllogism:
Major premise: All spam is off topic
Minor premise: There is an off topic forum
Conclusion: That forum must have spam in it.

INVALID. Why? The mod said so.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Mairuzu
Old School Cool

WEED

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:07 AM
Peach
mordrem

sure thing peach...haha

Considering that spam is off-topic advertising or repeatedly posting over and over with no purpose...no. The forum's not spam. The 1 million post thread basically is nothing but spam, though.

Also, most people seem to have the idea that "they disagreed with me" is trolling which...isn't true.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:08 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Well if you view it like that then maybe it shows that certain mods are getting a little too excited about locking threads and should maybe take a step back and think for themselves? OTF lives off trolling and the spam around it, that's what it is, it just makes no sense that all of this is happening now

And I understand that if it affects someone, then yes mods should deal with that and I agree with that, but the whole thing that set it off, washy and rog swearing at eachother, was affecting no one as people are swearing constantly in that thread at least

Then you have interpreted the OTF incorrectly. The OTF is just where the average discussion about nothing in particular goes, not where all the flaming and spamming is allowed to thrive.

You undermine yourself with the 'people are swearing constantly in that thread.' That is what needs to be stopped and prevented from occurring.

But no, it does not show that we are trigger-happy. It shows that maybe we need to be more strict with the OTF since apparently all the threads are full of cursing and bashing, if the comments in this and other threads are to be believed.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:09 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not directly at the mods.

Really, flaming a mod is stupid. Even though, the actual post is simply ignoring warnings, and misunderstanding the situation...which made no ****ing sense, you can't say stuff like this happens all the time, because it hasn't.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:09 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StanTheMan
_________

Considering that spam is off-topic advertising or repeatedly posting over and over with no purpose...no. The forum's not spam. The 1 million post thread basically is nothing but spam, though.

Also, most people seem to have the idea that "they disagreed with me" is trolling which...isn't true.

I viewed it kind of like a diary, people just posted their lifestories in it, some people read it and responded and so on, it wasn't really doing much harm just sitting there

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 12:10 AM