KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Van Hellsing vs Spiderman

Van Hellsing vs Spiderman
Started by: Vvendeta

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Good lord, this idiocy again.

Movie feats, Spiderman was strong enough to stop that train, werewolf has nothing on that. Spiderman punching and not holding back would go through that furry thing like butter, he could also web his ass up and then begin tearing limbs.

Durability, see him taking blows from a giant Sandmanand still being able to get up and fight, I doubt were-boy can hit as hard as a 50+ Sandman made of concrete and sand.

Speed, agility and reaction time, he has over were-boy too, going by movie feats and not "he's a werewolf who pwned Dracula!"

Nah. Spiderman has PIS out da ying yang. A body that can withstand blows that cause city block sized earth quakes should be more than durable enough to take a blade from cutting him. In fact, that building should have been crushed under that force, but it wasn't. Just PIS.

Since we have far more durable feats for Spiderman in the film than we do for that one instance of him getting cut by a regular shuriken blade, then we shouldn't count the cutting as part of his durability, imo.

Knowing this, only a really strong force could inflict damage on Spiderman. Is Helsing strong enough? Maybe.

And, no, Spiderman cannot punch through people. He can't even do that in the comic, so why would he do it in the movie? Sure, it is probably PIS.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 03:51 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

He's also withstood the gravitational force of a miniature yellow star. Don't let the word "miniature" fool you, either. A star is a star, and outputs a massive amount of gravitational force.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 04:07 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon

And, no, Spiderman cannot punch through people. He can't even do that in the comic, so why would he do it in the movie? Sure, it is probably PIS.

Many a movie has PIS, tis why we go greatest feats, for objectivity reasons.

With his strength-level and going on a basis that he wouldn't restrain himself at all, he has more than enough strength to do so.

There's also the webbing, werewolf might not be strong enough to ripe that apart, as it was strong enough to withstand the force of the runaway train.

Spiderman takes this fight from several angles.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 12th, 2009 at 04:20 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 04:16 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by XanatosForever
He's also withstood the gravitational force of a miniature yellow star. Don't let the word "miniature" fool you, either. A star is a star, and outputs a massive amount of gravitational force.

Dude......

Do you know what's retarded.

The person who wrote that into the script.

Do you know who's even more retarded than that?

The Producer who pushed the script through with that rubbish in it.

Do you know what's more retarded than that?

The Film company who funded the movie.

Do you know who's even more retarded than that? The director (actors and actresses, etc.) for tolerating that rubbish for a paycheck.

Finally, do you know who is the most retarded one of all? The person who enjoyed the movie and didn't know any better.

So I guess that makes you the most retarded of all. no expression

TARD POWERS UNITE!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I enjoyed the movie, even though I got disgusted at that rubbish of science in the movie. I guess that makes me a tard in a way...either that or I'm tolerant.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 04:21 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Many a movie has PIS, tis why we go greatest feats, for objectivity reasons.

With his strength-level and going on a basis that he wouldn't restrain himself at all, he has more than enough strength to do so.

There's also the webbing, werewolf might not be strong enough to ripe that apart, as it was strong enough to withstand the force of the runaway train.

Spiderman takes this fight from several angles.

I'd say durability, but no agility or speed. Agility for comic spiderman, yes, but not movie.

I would say your assessment of strength and the webbing is accurate. I can't see a Helsing ripping that webbing off. If effin' held up a train car in the first one. (And, it's spider webbing, for f***'s sake.)

However, it can be shredded with no problems. Webbing strength nullified. big grin

And, no, you can't include that as an ability as no matter how strong you are, if you can't move your fist and body at a certain speed, it will never travel fast enough to punch a hole in someone.

We did see Peter go to town with a punch and he punched Flash down the locker hall....but no hole.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 04:25 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd say durability, but no agility or speed. Agility for comic spiderman, yes, but not movie.

However, it can be shredded with no problems. Webbing strength nullified. big grin

Gobby shredded the webbing without breaking a sweat, yeah, it's safe to say VH would do it even easier.

VH all the way, pretty much a cakewalk.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 04:32 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I would say your assessment of strength and the webbing is accurate. I can't see a Helsing ripping that webbing off. If effin' held up a train car in the first one. (And, it's spider webbing, for f***'s sake.)

And, no, you can't include that as an ability as no matter how strong you are, if you can't move your fist and body at a certain speed, it will never travel fast enough to punch a hole in someone.

We did see Peter go to town with a punch and he punched Flash down the locker hall....but no hole.

Agility he has in spades over the werewolf, that train scene where he quickly contorts himself so he can fly through the gates overpass was agility and them some.

That scene where he's fighting flash and the world slows down around him was to show both his speed and reaction time as compared to a normal human, it's at least times, if not more. Greater than what the wolf is shown doing.

While it's being shredded, that leaves an opportunity to attack, another thing Spiderman has over the werewolf.

Um, with that much strength, even punching at your punching speed would cause Swiss-cheese effect.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 04:34 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

OK time to crush the Spider:

Spider Man versus Gobby:

Gobby rips Spidey a new ******* h2h. it's not even a fight. Sure, Spidey wins, but as it always is with villians, Gobby made the mistake of TALKING to Spidey instead of KILLING him. VH as a werewolf won't make that mistake.

Gobby isn't near as strong or as fast as VH in werewolf form. Deny it all you want, we all know it's a fact. Spidey can't avoid Gobby's attacks, NO WAY can he avoid ALL of VH's. Not in a million years.

VH can regenerate at a rate that rivals Wolverine, Spidey can't. Spidey can be wounded and bleeds as a normal person, he needs days to heal.

VH has razor sharpclaws that will likely take Spidey's head off, gut him like a fish with a single swipe, not to mention those chompers. How is Spidey gonna contend with that? Spidey's spider sense is pretty much a non factor here, or at the very least drastically decreased, due to VH's speed and agility.

And please don't bring the webbing into this again. At 1:11 Gobby SHREDS Spidey's webbing, SHREDS it. VH would cut through it like hot butter.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 04:47 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I love how you just make stuff up "Green Goblin isn't as strong as the werewolf", Goblin is at [or close to] Spiderman's level, dude.

GG was strong enough to easily hold a cable trolly full of people with one arm, that's several tons.

What's the werewolf's greatest strength feat?

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 12th, 2009 at 05:00 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 04:57 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love how you just make stuff up "Green Goblin isn't as strong as the werewolf", Goblin is at [or close to] Spiderman's level, dude.

GG was strong enough to easily hold a cable trolly full of people with one arm, that's several tons.

What's the werewolf's greatest strength feat?
Lets see.....he took on the most powerful vampire of all time and pwned.

Spidey and Gobby cannot regenerate, VH can. Any damage Spidey can deal VH will heal in seconds.

You tell ME, what's Spidey gonna do when VH swipes his intestines out? Hmm?

Hmm?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

Bleed out and DIE.

This thread is like Wolverine versus Spidey, except VH kills Spidey a WHOLE lot faster than Wolverine would.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 05:02 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Sure, ignore the question and continue with irrelevant and arbitary rants of "he killed Dracula". (Just how powerful was Dracula in that movie?)

Spiderman has insane durability, going from movie feats, then again, doubt the werewolf will be able to hit him in the first place.

Again, can the werewolf recover from having his arm torn off, skull punched through, maybe a decap?

Repeat: What was the werewolf's greatest strength feat, as GG could take him out too, with his abilities and gear.

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 12th, 2009 at 05:10 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 05:07 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure, ignore the question and continue with irrelevant and arbitary rants of "he killed Dracula".

Again, can the werewolf recover from having his arm torn off, skull punched through, maybe a decap?
Point is that strength here is one of the weaker attributes. VH can regenerate, Spidey cannot. VH WILL connect with his claws, fact. Spidey is way outclassed here, plain and simple.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 05:10 AM
Eminence
Boss

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Spider Man versus Gobby:

Gobby rips Spidey a new ******* h2h. it's not even a fight. Sure, Spidey wins, but as it always is with villians, Gobby made the mistake of TALKING to Spidey instead of KILLING him. VH as a werewolf won't make that mistake.
1.) The beginning of that fight sort of counts. Note the part where Goblin whips a steel cable around Spiderman, forcibly drags him half a mile through the air at what looks like a very high speed, then whips him through a stone building. [0:00 - 0:15]

2.) Next part's even better. While Parker's still on his knees, Goblin chucks a grenade at him; it explodes right in front of his face with enough force to lift him off the ground and throw him back several dozen feet through yet another wall. [0:16 - 0:25]

So after all that, Goblin beats him senseless for about a minute. Drama ensues for thirty seconds or so, resulting in Spiderman hulking out. Goblin tries to stab him in the face; the attack is blocked and Goblin is hurled several dozen feet through the air. Spiderman drops a brick wall on him and proceeds to knock the shit out him.

So really, Spiderman came out on top. It isn't even close. That video didn't help you out at all.

quote:
Gobby isn't near as strong or as fast as VH in werewolf form. Deny it all you want, we all know it's a fact. Spidey can't avoid Gobby's attacks, NO WAY can he avoid ALL of VH's. Not in a million years.
See the above.

Also, Spiderman fared pretty well against Octavius, who is perfectly sentient, has four bionic limbs strong enough to flip cars, and was either using hostages, chucking everything in sight, or both in all of their confrontations. He could definitely get around the werewolf's attacks for a while, depending on the setting, and by using the webbing like he did against Harry he could hold it off while zipping around.

That said, Spiderman's best chance for winning this is by knocking Helsing out with something big and heavy or catching him in a web and quickly slamming him into something really, really hard, both of which are possible depending on the setting.

Edit: And as Robtard said, you need to tell us a.) how strong Dracula was, and b.) why the werewolf is stronger than Goblin.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 05:28 AM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Point is that strength here is one of the weaker attributes. VH can regenerate, Spidey cannot. VH WILL connect with his claws, fact. Spidey is way outclassed here, plain and simple.

Since you now must accept that Spiderman has leagues of strength over the werewolf, it's suddenly a "weaker attribute". Spiderman also has agility and speed over that fool, he dodges shit like none other, spins and flips like a gymnast on crack, look at all three movies.

Yes, werewolf can regenerate; he isn't unbreakable like Wolverine though, so can he regenerate if Spiderman tears out a limb? Crushes in his skull?

Werewolf gets webbed,while he's busy tearing it off him (and clawing himself in the process), Spiderman moves in, /repeat until werewolf is in beaten into a bloody and hairy pulp.

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 12th, 2009 at 05:44 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 05:38 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Dude......

Do you know what's retarded.

The person who wrote that into the script.

Do you know who's even more retarded than that?

The Producer who pushed the script through with that rubbish in it.

Do you know what's more retarded than that?

The Film company who funded the movie.

Do you know who's even more retarded than that? The director (actors and actresses, etc.) for tolerating that rubbish for a paycheck.

Finally, do you know who is the most retarded one of all? The person who enjoyed the movie and didn't know any better.

So I guess that makes you the most retarded of all. no expression

TARD POWERS UNITE!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I enjoyed the movie, even though I got disgusted at that rubbish of science in the movie. I guess that makes me a tard in a way...either that or I'm tolerant.

Don't get me wrong, I understood how utterly ridiculous that bit of Hollywood Fail was, but usually when I run into those events, unless an entire movie is made of it, I just remember the MST 3 K Mantra big grin For the sake of entertainment an' all that, y'know?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 05:46 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eminence
1.) The beginning of that fight sort of counts. Note the part where Goblin whips a steel cable around Spiderman, forcibly drags him half a mile through the air at what looks like a very high speed, then whips him through a stone building. [0:00 - 0:15]
Well thats a testament to Spideys durability, innit?

quote:
2.) Next part's even better. While Parker's still on his knees, Goblin chucks a grenade at him; it explodes right in front of his face with enough force to lift him off the ground and throw him back several dozen feet through yet another wall. [0:16 - 0:25]
Again, where is this super durability during all this?

quote:
So after all that, Goblin beats him senseless for about a minute. Drama ensues for thirty seconds or so, resulting in Spiderman hulking out. Goblin tries to stab him in the face; the attack is blocked and Goblin is hurled several dozen feet through the air. Spiderman drops a brick wall on him and proceeds to knock the shit out him.

So really, Spiderman came out on top. It isn't even close. That video didn't help you out at all.
The vid was showing that Spidey can be hurt, it proves that Spidey, despite being super fast and strong, is just as vulnerable to harm as you and I are, and that he bleeds and can be wounded like a normal person. The vid served it's purpose. VH, with his claws and teeth, will tear him apart. You telling me that VH's claws and teeth will have no impact on Spidey? Tell me, what's Spidey gonna do as VH cuts his guts out?

Again, I am forced to repeat myself, NOTHING, bleed out and die. He can't regenerate like VH can. Any and all damage that Spidey deals VH will heal in seconds, why is that so hard to understand?

Think on it like this, if I am fighting a frigging grizzly bear and I have a machete and cut it's guts out, what's the bear gonna do? DIE.

quote:
Also, Spiderman fared pretty well against Octavius, who is perfectly sentient, has four bionic limbs strong enough to flip cars, and was either using hostages, chucking everything in sight, or both in all of their confrontations. He could definitely get around the werewolf's attacks for a while, depending on the setting, and by using the webbing like he did against Harry he could hold it off while zipping around.
Spidey wouldnt be ABLE to dodge ALL of VH's attacks, man. One swipe is all VH needs. Why is it being ignored when I ask what will Spidey do when VH cuts him to the bone? Whats Spidey gonna do as his intestines are spilling out all around him?

quote:
That said, Spiderman's best chance for winning this is by knocking Helsing out with something big and heavy or catching him in a web and quickly slamming him into something really, really hard, both of which are possible depending on the setting.

Edit: And as Robtard said, you need to tell us a.) how strong Dracula was, and b.) why the werewolf is stronger than Goblin.
More with the web shit.......WOW..........

And as I said, strength is a factor, yes, but a minor one, Spidey can be killed with one swipe of VH's claws, man. Spidey would have to hit VH a shitload of times before even coming close to KOing him.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 05:52 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Well, you keep saying Sandman was hitting him with uber amounts of force, yet if you recall, he barely even dented the car Spidey was on top of. If he hit him that hard, it should have destroyed the car underneath him.

He stopped the train because of the strength of his webs, spider silk is stronger than titanium proportionally, Spidey's webs, plus his strength stopped that train. I bet you he couldn't have stopped it by standing there and pushing. I give strength to Hellsing.

Considering Spider-Man punched with what looked like full strength several times in the movies, I think it's safe to assume he can't kill a person with a single punch like his comic counter part.

Hellsing's regeneration was near instantaneous, and his durability can't really be brought into question, since all the blunt force damage he took never really phased him, and he was mostly getting hit with claws, and teeth.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 05:52 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Since you now must accept that Spiderman has leagues of strength over the werewolf, it's suddenly a "weaker attribute". Spiderman also has agility and speed over that fool, he dodges shit like none other, spins and flips like a gymnast on crack, look at all three movies.
Dodges shit like no other? Against a normal human maybe, but against Gobby he didn't. And against VH he wouldnt.

quote:
Yes, werewolf can regenerate; he isn't unbreakable like Wolverine though, so can he regenerate if Spiderman tears out a limb? Crushes in his skull?
So you know for certain that Spidey can do these things? I mean like is he SHOWN doing them?

Nope.

quote:
Werewolf gets webbed,while he's busy tearing it off him (and clawing himself in the process), Spiderman moves in, /repeat until werewolf is in beaten into a bloody and hairy pulp.
Sure, then McClane rolls up in his SUV and kills Spidey and does Kate B like a jungle animal.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 05:55 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by KingD19
Well, you keep saying Sandman was hitting him with uber amounts of force, yet if you recall, he barely even dented the car Spidey was on top of. If he hit him that hard, it should have destroyed the car underneath him.

He stopped the train because of the strength of his webs, spider silk is stronger than titanium proportionally, Spidey's webs, plus his strength stopped that train. I bet you he couldn't have stopped it by standing there and pushing. I give strength to Hellsing.

Considering Spider-Man punched with what looked like full strength several times in the movies, I think it's safe to assume he can't kill a person with a single punch like his comic counter part.

Hellsing's regeneration was near instantaneous, and his durability can't really be brought into question, since all the blunt force damage he took never really phased him, and he was mostly getting hit with claws, and teeth.

Still is a tremendous amount of brute force to take, more than the werewolf is shown dishing out, that's also just one example of the shit Spider-man has taken and walked away from.

He was holding onto the strands with his hands, ergo, it was his strength, as you heard the phrase "a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link", that is also just one example, he also held that cable trolley full of people with just one arm, that huge wall in SM2. So no, the werewolf isn't stronger, going by movie feats. Not even close, in fact.

"With great power comes great responsibility", he uses restraint.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 06:01 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Dodges shit like no other? Against a normal human maybe, but against Gobby he didn't. And against VH he wouldnt.

So you know for certain that Spidey can do these things? I mean like is he SHOWN doing them?

Nope.

Sure, then McClane rolls up in his SUV and kills Spidey and does Kate B like a jungle animal.

We go by greatest feats, you know that. GG hit him some of the time, he dodged plenty of shit.

Well, he certainly has the physical strength to do so, unrestrained, he could.

McClane is awesome, but he couldn't cope with Spider-man's first defense, his Spider-sense, yet another thing Spider-man has on the werewolf, precog. Kate would give McClane her ass though, that's true.

So to re-cap, Spider-man has greater (in varying degrees) over the werewolf

1) Strength
2) Speed
3) Agility
4) Reaction-time
5) Durability
6) Spider-sense (precog)
7) Webbing (long range attack)

Werewolf just has regen, if he was unbreakable like Wolverine, that would be a problem, to bad he isn't.

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 12th, 2009 at 06:10 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 06:05 AM