KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » The Official Two-Face Thread

The Official Two-Face Thread
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The Official Two-Face Thread

Since one for the Joker was just made recently, why not have another for the other villain who was in The Dark Knight as well? huh That said, I really loved Aaron Eckhart's performance as Two-Face. Perhaps, even more than Ledger's as the Joker.
Yes, I said it. The way he portrayed Harvey Dent (or Gotham's "White Knight" as they call it) doesn't get nearly as much praise as it should, IMO.

Unlike with the Joker though, I haven't seen many comic scans or feats with Two-Face. If anyone has any... post them here I guess?
Yeah, I checked his so-called respect thread in the Comics Respect Forum, if you can even call it that. no expression

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 11:46 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

I agree the more times I watch the movie the more I think Eckhart's performance was the best and maybe even the best part and Two-Face is one of my favorite Batman villains

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 12:54 AM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I may have some scans of Two Face to post this weekend.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 01:03 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

two-face has been a fave of mine for years..

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Badabing

cool, can't wait to see them

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 03:37 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
two-face has been a fave of mine for years..

cool, can't wait to see them
I have a Two Face mini and a few other issues.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 03:41 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I have a Two Face mini and a few other issues.

cool, whats your fave two-face issue?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 03:43 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
cool, whats your fave two-face issue?
The most recent RIP tie in. It really showed Harvey's duality and it's the freshest in my memory.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 03:47 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The most recent RIP tie in. It really showed Harvey's duality and it's the freshest in my memory.

that was a very good issue

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 03:48 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Icy Ninja
I agree the more times I watch the movie the more I think Eckhart's performance was the best and maybe even the best part and Two-Face is one of my favorite Batman villains

Yeah. Kinda makes you wish Eckhart had gotten a little more screen time huh? stick out tongue (as Two-Face I mean, not as Dent) Not that I'm disappointed with how much he got or anything, as it was still good enough. I mean, the car scene with Maroni has still got to be my favorite part in the film by far.

Surprisingly, Dent's fall from grace and getting brainwashed by the Joker (in the hospital) makes Anakin's ascension to the dark side in episode II & III look pathetic in comparison. huh Well, when you think about it at least.

Awesome! Sounds good. thumb up

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Apr 3rd, 2009 at 06:57 AM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 06:55 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Thread Exists - I know because I made it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=488715

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 05:38 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah. Kinda makes you wish Eckhart had gotten a little more screen time huh? stick out tongue (as Two-Face I mean, not as Dent) Not that I'm disappointed with how much he got or anything, as it was still good enough. I mean, the car scene with Maroni has still got to be my favorite part in the film by far.

Surprisingly, Dent's fall from grace and getting brainwashed by the Joker (in the hospital) makes Anakin's ascension to the dark side in episode II & III look pathetic in comparison. huh Well, when you think about it at least.

Awesome! Sounds good. thumb up
Read the "Revenge of the Sith" novelization for a MUCH better rendering of Anakins fall. That novel is near brilliant.

I really liked Eckharts performance, and I appreciated the subtle undercurrents that his character failed to help anyone. In fact, the movie even hints that Dent is partially insane already, and can't be trusted with authority. The movie is so operatic.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 07:44 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Dent put several hundred criminals behind bars after Lau was captured... and that was failing to help anyone, how?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 12:50 AM
Dr Will Hatch

True, but he willingly accepted coercive measures to get them locked up. Jim Gordan also said in the hospital that he was known to be a "Two Face", hence the name Harvey Two Face. You could look at the movie and argue that having an authority around at all is what caused Gotham to suffer.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 01:17 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

He was known as Two Face because he was investigating crooked cops.

Anyway Two Face being my second favorite villain I felt like he was misused in this film. I think the film worked as a movie but as a Batman film I felt like Two Face got gyped and Batman lost one of the villains he was most emotionally attached to too soon for the impact to be greater. I always liked the Batman/Two Face connection because Batman felt conflicted and like he failed Two Face in many ways because he remembered what he was.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 07:08 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by Quincy

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 03:14 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

I find Two-Face a bigger threat then Joker. Joker is more comical, and badass, Two-Face is made of badass, and more badass.

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2009 10:40 PM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Since I was old enough to understand the stories, Two-Face has always been my favorite Batman villain... To me, Two-Face's story was the most tragic... He became what he sought to end...

Plus the visual of Two-Face with the black/white suit and stylized scarring has always looked very striking...
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 02:32 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Bat Dude
Since I was old enough to understand the stories, Two-Face has always been my favorite Batman villain... To me, Two-Face's story was the most tragic... He became what he sought to end...

Plus the visual of Two-Face with the black/white suit and stylized scarring has always looked very striking...
(please log in to view the image)

love that version of two face

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 03:38 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
True, but he willingly accepted coercive measures to get them locked up. Jim Gordan also said in the hospital that he was known to be a "Two Face", hence the name Harvey Two Face. You could look at the movie and argue that having an authority around at all is what caused Gotham to suffer.

Maybe..
Still, claiming himself to be the Batman and turning himself in was pretty courageous within itself (since the real Batman didn't do so like he said he would as an act of hypocrisy or somethin'). Even if that argument you said is true, it shows he's not really afraid to lose his authority either. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Quincy

I hate how some old threads don't show up in the search unless they're bumped (at least it's worked that way for me for some reason erm).
Ah well.. Superman still has 2 respect threads. *shrug*

Originally posted by Ultimate Wil
I find Two-Face a bigger threat then Joker. Joker is more comical, and badass, Two-Face is made of badass, and more badass.

Heh. Well said, I guess.

Originally posted by Bat Dude

True that my friend. thumb up Always loved that version as well..

Old Post Apr 11th, 2009 12:14 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I enjoyed him in TDK, more so then the Joker actually, he's one of the great Batman foes and I found that his inclusion in TDK did him justice.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2009 12:29 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote