KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » The Neverending Story Remake

The Neverending Story Remake
Started by: TheVapor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

it'll be interesting to see how they do it. i loved The Neverending story films, more the first one than the other two...

should be good *hopes*

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 05:40 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
remakes are in season. i hope they dont screw it up. i loved the original. havent read the books seeing as its in german or sumthing.

Remakes are nothing new, they have been 'in season' for a few years now where they are churning them out.

As for this film, use to love it when I was little, but saw it a few months ago and did find it rather cheesy, just hope they get a good actor for the lead in the fantasy bits, he was rather wooden. Forgotten the name of the horse riding boy. I welcome a remake if it follows and puts more of the book into the film compared to the original film, and some excellent CGI effects.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 05:58 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

Who thinks that the creatures should be done by Weta? I'd honestly prefer the creatures to be people in believable costumes than just pure CGI [with the exceptions of Falcor, Ygramal and maybe Gmork]

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 07:35 PM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I hope I get cast as the lead character

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 11:17 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVapor
Agreed. The book makes so much more sense than the movie when you think about it. It makes more sense for Bastian to scream at Ygramul than at Morla. That scene always confused me. Artax's death made more sense when he could actually tell Atreyu how he was feeling.

Granted, things like Ygramul would have been extremely difficult back then with their technology. Still the movie lost a lot of the books messages, and this couldn't be more poignant than in the scene where Gmork is describing to Atreyu what the Nothing is, and how it works.

Bardock42, yes the the 2nd movie did at least take its direction from the 2nd half of the book, but everything was presented even more poorly than it was in the 1st movie.

to actually translate the whole book into a movie it would have to be split into parts. I think the first movie would have to end around the same point as the original movie. it would go likethis; Bastian and the Empress are talking after he has given her her new name, and Bastian makes his first wish for the forest, then the camera would pan back from his amazed face and show the forest growing exponentially. The a narrarator would say "So Bastian had made his first wish, and there would be many more wishes yet to follow, and more adventures in the land of Fantasia. But that is another story, and will be told another time."
Or something like that. big grin

I never read the book... I might go look it up now... but the original movie is one of the movies I remember most fondly from my childhood... love the "Falcor" theme and everything else in that movie

I remember crying my eyes out when Artax died... didn't read the book, but how it was done in the movie, it still worked for me...

the second one was bad though (even though I was only 9 when I saw it, I still didn't like it) it was more epic though.

I don't know about the remake.. somehow I get the feeling they will focus on big CGI thingies instead of the actual story, kinda like it was with the second movie erm

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 05:27 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

I can see why there's some concern for this remake. I heard that Friday the 13th was supposed to be really good [This was all pre-release], and then I heard from people who saw it that it was only average.

Until we get the official announcement of Director, Screenwriter, and Cast, our opinion on this could go either way, but once they are set in stone than it should be pretty clear where this movie is going to go.

Does anybody have any ideas on who you think the director should be? Steven Spielberg has the original Auryn prop in a glass case at his residence, but he is too busy with other projects up through 2011, so he might not get it.

Till then, a treat for anyone who wants to reminisce wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Af1lZXioY

Old Post Apr 9th, 2009 04:38 AM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TxG
Evil Genius

So am they completely starting it from back to the beginning or doing a completely different story for it without sebastian.

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 10:25 AM
TxG is currently offline Click here to Send TxG a Private Message Find more posts by TxG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TxG
Evil Genius

meant Bastian

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 10:42 AM
TxG is currently offline Click here to Send TxG a Private Message Find more posts by TxG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

This movie will go back to the beginning. It is going to [hopefully] follow the book more faithfully, which mean Bastian, Atreyu, Falkor, Gmork, and the rest will be back.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 12:04 AM
TxG
Evil Genius

yeah I hope so as well so who would you want to see playing Bastian then ?

Old Post May 27th, 2009 04:26 PM
TheVapor
Hero

I'm actually hoping for a talented unknown. Actually I want all three of the kids to be unknowns, and let the rest of the cast be the veterans. I could kinda see the guy from the Matrix and LoTR doing G'morks voice.

Old Post May 28th, 2009 12:16 PM