KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Guts vs Kenshin

Guts vs Kenshin
Started by: Symmetric Chaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Guts vs Kenshin

Swords only. Not Berserker Armor for Guts.

Never seen or read Berserk and I'm curious how they stack up.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 05:50 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

the armor would have put Guts well over Kenshin if he used it, and even inactive, it makes most his body immune to sword blows, or at least anything Kenshin can muster.

Which sword for Guts, 1 of his pre-eclipse swords or the Dragon-slayer? Does he get his metal arm, or his real arm? What kind of armor does he get?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 07:22 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
niduin
Son of the King

what is the berzerker armor? does it come sometime in the manga, cuz i read a lot of it and havent seen anything about it, but then i stopped when i heard it was still going.

I need to be in another movie!!!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 06:13 PM
niduin is currently offline Click here to Send niduin a Private Message Find more posts by niduin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
the armor would have put Guts well over Kenshin if he used it, and even inactive, it makes most his body immune to sword blows, or at least anything Kenshin can muster.

Which sword for Guts, 1 of his pre-eclipse swords or the Dragon-slayer? Does he get his metal arm, or his real arm? What kind of armor does he get?

Per-eclipse. Metal arm. Whatever armor he had before the Berserker armor.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 06:29 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

Guts. the guy is fast, powerful, experienced, a war veteran and usually fights at a minimum of 10/1 odds. Guts wins.

power: guts. weilds a 7foot zweihander with just one hand and can swing it so fast and powerful that it can cut 5 fully armored soldiers in a single swing. at another time he swung it at two armored horseriders wwith the horses armored as well and he cut both horse and men with a single swing. Guts>Kenshin
stamina: guts ran for miles wearing armor, arrived at city, fought off a platoon of soldiers on horsebacks, fought his way up a tower while fighting, fought in 5/1 duel with weirdos with exotic weapons, fought their demon incarnations, was in the tower when it collapsed, got out, continued fighting demon incarnations, then fought their leader, fought swarm of demons, survived another tower collapse, fought small platoon of soldiers and finally escaped with the woman he came to rescue. Guts>Kenshin
experience: Guts been a mercenary since the age of 9. before that he was in wars but he was still in wars but only helping with weapons ec.
speed: i'd give it to kenshin but not so much above guts. guts is agile, fast and has great sword swingin speed too. but kenshin>Guts

thus, Guts>>Kenshin.

~Sado

Last edited by Sado22 on Apr 6th, 2009 at 08:40 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 08:34 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by Sado22
Guts. the guy is fast, powerful, experienced, a war veteran and usually fights at a minimum of 10/1 odds. Guts wins.

power: guts. weilds a 7foot zweihander with just one hand and can swing it so fast and powerful that it can cut 5 fully armored soldiers in a single swing. at another time he swung it at two armored horseriders wwith the horses armored as well and he cut both horse and men with a single swing. Guts>Kenshin
stamina: guts ran for miles wearing armor, arrived at city, fought off a platoon of soldiers on horsebacks, fought his way up a tower while fighting, fought in 5/1 duel with weirdos with exotic weapons, fought their demon incarnations, was in the tower when it collapsed, got out, continued fighting demon incarnations, then fought their leader, fought swarm of demons, survived another tower collapse, fought small platoon of soldiers and finally escaped with the woman he came to rescue. Guts>Kenshin
experience: Guts been a mercenary since the age of 9. before that he was in wars but he was still in wars but only helping with weapons ec.
speed: i'd give it to kenshin but not so much above guts. guts is agile, fast and has great sword swingin speed too. but kenshin>Guts

thus, Guts>>Kenshin.

~Sado

Strength: Yeah, Guts. Kenshin has nothing on him in terms of raw power.
Stamina: Kenshin is no slouch, but even before he got the Berserker's armor, Guts had rediculous damage soak. Guts, but not by as much as it would be post-eclipse.
Experience: Guts, but this one is very close, mainly because Kenshin had much more skill, and he's possibly older than Guts.
Speed: Kenshin has a clear edge here, but Guts is faster than he looks.

The big problem is, outside something big like the Kuzu Ryu Sen, or the Ama Kakeru Ryu No Hirameki, Kenshin may not be able to put Guts down.

so the next question is, which timeframe for Kenshin, which mindset, and what weapon?

Also, do they get prep or just basic info?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 09:07 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

When it comes to strength, Sanosuke, even before Anji's training, could punch trees in half with casual shots. Those same punches, when used on Kenshin's rival Hajime Saito, didn't even phase him.
The guy also had a knife thrown at his forehead and it didn't even cut the skin.

That same person Kenshin whipped no problem. Saito also whipped him but was then brought to a draw by Kenshin.

On top of this, Kenshin said yes to Saito about cutting steel when in regards to a steel-plated battleship. I say that requies power.

And when it comes tos peed...Kenshin has a technique that cuts you in nine places at once.

So there you have it. Speed advantage and close strength. Kenshin wins.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2009 08:12 AM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
When it comes to strength, Sanosuke, even before Anji's training, could punch trees in half with casual shots. Those same punches, when used on Kenshin's rival Hajime Saito, didn't even phase him.
The guy also had a knife thrown at his forehead and it didn't even cut the skin.

That same person Kenshin whipped no problem. Saito also whipped him but was then brought to a draw by Kenshin.

On top of this, Kenshin said yes to Saito about cutting steel when in regards to a steel-plated battleship. I say that requies power.

And when it comes tos peed...Kenshin has a technique that cuts you in nine places at once.

So there you have it. Speed advantage and close strength. Kenshin wins.

..........Guts cleaves stone pillars with solid iron cores in half. no expression Kenshin has no hope of tanking Gut's sword or trying to CQC him. Man, by virtue of the rediculous speed and ease with which Guts uses his sword, he's stronger by far. The sword weighs at least 200lbs, if not more.

Speed is definitely Kenshin's biggest edge.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2009 09:14 AM
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

EDIT: Can't make new threads any more for the rest of the day.

So my thread was going to be Seijuro Hiko XIII vs. Guts. I'm sure he's stronger and faster.

Last edited by Pyron_Knight on Apr 9th, 2009 at 09:38 AM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2009 09:34 AM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

dude, this is going to be a good fight but Kenshin has his work cut out for him. heck, Trickster and I are agreeing in this thread........that's like, god and devil having a beautiful love child stick out tongue

Old Post May 3rd, 2009 03:19 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Guts wins, he has reacted to people at least as fast as Kenshin and he is much tougher and can take and dish out much more damage

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 4th, 2009 01:12 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Guts wins, he has reacted to people at least as fast as Kenshin and he is much tougher and can take and dish out much more damage

There was the time in Volume 1 where he swung his huge as dragon slayer around, to defend against that posessed giant, so fast that his sowrd became a blur to onlookers. The strength required to do that would be through the roof. That also puts his reflexes well beyond anything human. In my estimates, Guts sword would weigh 200+lbs.

However, I'm still not sure who wins.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 02:29 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
niduin
Son of the King

Originally posted by dadudemon
There was the time in Volume 1 where he swung his huge as dragon slayer around, to defend against that posessed giant, so fast that his sowrd became a blur to onlookers. The strength required to do that would be through the roof. That also puts his reflexes well beyond anything human. In my estimates, Guts sword would weigh 200+lbs.

However, I'm still not sure who wins.
reading what you said im not sure who you are voting for, are you talking about guts or kenshin? if its kenshin, guts was blocking attacks with his dragon slayer from a demon with like 12 tenticles (if i remember right) and this guy was a demon and could move really fast, and also by my estimat his sword would weigh at the verry least 350 lbs probably more than 400 i mean its a huge slab of steel

I need to be in another movie!!!

Old Post May 5th, 2009 12:51 PM
niduin is currently offline Click here to Send niduin a Private Message Find more posts by niduin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote