KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman 3 Discussion Thread

Batman 3 Discussion Thread
Started by: lord xyz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (45): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 07:20 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Eh... I'm sure Nolan's got his reasons for being reluctant about having anything to do with this 3rd film. I hope for Bale's sake though that he ends up directing again. He's more enthusiastic about it than I thought.

Needless to say, I doubt this movie will do better than TDK, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a disappointment.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 04:50 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Eh... I'm sure Nolan's got his reasons for being reluctant about having anything to do with this 3rd film. I hope for Bale's sake though that he ends up directing again. He's more enthusiastic about it than I thought.

Needless to say, I doubt this movie will do better than TDK, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a disappointment.

I am not worried at all.. In fact since there is no possible way that they can outdo themselves, I just look forward to a good movie

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 07:26 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Of course they could outdo themselves. The Dark Knight is not the greatest film of all time. It is not perfect. It's also not The Godfather. Hence, the next film could be superior. I have my doubts, but the Nolans haven't ****ed up yet, and they'll have no problem getting one ****ing amazing cast, if they want it.

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 07:44 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kovacs86
Of course they could outdo themselves. The Dark Knight is not the greatest film of all time. It is not perfect. It's also not The Godfather. Hence, the next film could be superior. I have my doubts, but the Nolans haven't ****ed up yet, and they'll have no problem getting one ****ing amazing cast, if they want it.

yeah, true they could outdo themselves but I just can't see it.. of course my opinon may change in 3 years when B3 actually comes ou but as of right now i do not see it.. besides remember how spidey 2 was the best and then came spidey 3 or the empire strikes back and then comes return of the jedi..i don't want the same thing here so i know that WB most likely will not try to outdo themselves

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on Apr 29th, 2009 at 07:53 AM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 07:50 AM
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/st...5006023,00.html

Eddie Murphy? Really? no expression Prank article?
Or Johnny Depp? Read a local magazine article a few days ago that says it's between Johnny and Eddie. A local movie theatre magazine is a good edit, I guess. Can still be false, of course, but at least it's not the World Wide Web.

Last edited by Q'Anilia on May 14th, 2009 at 08:56 AM

Old Post May 14th, 2009 08:52 AM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

It's all from some article in The Sun. I wouldn't believe a word of it. There is no way that they've already cast Eddie Murphy, Rachel Weisz and Shia LeBoeuf, but haven't even got around to announcing officially that there will even be another Batman film.

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post May 14th, 2009 05:00 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

The magazine I read said that Eddie Murphy and Johnny Depp are both interested in playing The Riddler in the new Batman movie and that one of the two is the currently most likely choice. It being a fairly recent number and it implicating that it's still undecided makes me doubt The Sun as well stick out tongue

Of course, I'm certain the article could be interpreted in a large variety of ways smile

Old Post May 14th, 2009 05:30 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Q'Anilia
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/st...5006023,00.html

Eddie Murphy? Really? no expression Prank article?
Or Johnny Depp? Read a local magazine article a few days ago that says it's between Johnny and Eddie. A local movie theatre magazine is a good edit, I guess. Can still be false, of course, but at least it's not the World Wide Web.

Originally posted by Q'Anilia
The magazine I read said that Eddie Murphy and Johnny Depp are both interested in playing The Riddler in the new Batman movie and that one of the two is the currently most likely choice. It being a fairly recent number and it implicating that it's still undecided makes me doubt The Sun as well stick out tongue

Of course, I'm certain the article could be interpreted in a large variety of ways smile

thats a fake article.. Everyone knows that there will be another Batman movie BUT OFFICIALLY NOTHING HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED..

but reading all these rumors are fun

Old Post May 14th, 2009 06:52 PM
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
agree on riddler and shadow of the bat..

as for catwoman, i doubt it

Why do you doubt it?

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 04:30 AM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I wanna be cast as Robin

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 05:27 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by DarthLazious
Why do you doubt it?

Chris Nolan himself has said so.. He doesn't seem the type to change his mind although for everything their is a first time...

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 07:12 AM
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

True but I would like to see him bring in Catwoman since I dont consider the 2004 flim Catwoman cannon in the Batman world.
Also I dont wanna see Robin in the next flim either since these Batman flim are meant to be Dark just as they are in the comics. I guess if they made a 4th intsallment they could include Robin but only if they can still keep it Dark and not kiddy friendly as they did in Batman Foreverand Batman & Robin.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 10:38 AM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

True but I would like to see him bring in Catwoman since I dont consider the 2004 flim Catwoman cannon in the Batman world.
Also I dont wanna see Robin in the next flim either since these Batman flim are meant to be Dark just as they are in the comics. I guess if they made a 4th intsallment they could include Robin but only if they can still keep it Dark and not kiddy friendly as they did in Batman Foreverand Batman & Robin.

If he did change his mind and had Catwoman she would definetely fit into the world he has created.. I think the only way I'd like to Robin in Nolanverse would be a few scenes in Batman 4 or so and then spin him off into his own film thereby not be directly involved with Batman

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 09:34 PM
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
If he did change his mind and had Catwoman she would definetely fit into the world he has created.. I think the only way I'd like to Robin in Nolanverse would be a few scenes in Batman 4 or so and then spin him off into his own film thereby not be directly involved with Batman

I dont see why not. She is a great villian and it would be a shame if she wasn't used in the next flim. I agree with you there all the way man.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 07:49 AM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Of course they can do something better than The Dark Knight.

It's mental to think otherwise. Of course they could. It's entirely within their capabilities. They just need to get started, and get the right people on board.

They could actually make a fine movie for a third.

The Dark Knight, as good as it was, had Batman himself take a bit of a back seat and get overshadowed. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I'd love to see a third film return to the Batman Begins style, where Bruce goes on another quest to find and question his motives and his life. Make it about Batman.

I love to see Scarecrow again for round three, this time as someone who has learned from mistakes and is no longer a constant failure.

You could have Talia Al Ghul, looping it back to the first film. Even superpowerred freaks like Poison Ivy and Mr Freeze (seriously!)could be given the Nolan update treatment.

I mean The Joker is an "accident freak" in the comics too, so they removed the freaky accident and caked him in some gruesome makeup, and it didn't do any harm, in fact it made it more interesting to see a different take on it. There's a billion things you could do with Mr Freeze and Ivy, they don't have to be super-powerred or have silly technology in order to work as villains. Only uber-comic-nerds complained about Joker wearring make-up, everyone else embraced the invention as a new take on the tried and true.

I don't think people are thinking outside the box enough when it comes to the possibilities of established villains in this new Batman world. We know that Nolan likes to take the character, the seesnce, and just the fundamental parts of their look and iconography, and mould it into something new.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:38 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I dont see why not. She is a great villian and it would be a shame if she wasn't used in the next flim. I agree with you there all the way man.

thanks..

Old Post May 25th, 2009 09:38 PM
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

Anytime.

I just dont wanna see them recast Batman like they did in the older flims.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post May 27th, 2009 06:06 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Anytime.

I just dont wanna see them recast Batman like they did in the older flims.

I doubt that would happen unless WB doesn't remember what happened before.. In fact I think that there will be at least 3 more Nolan movies

Old Post May 27th, 2009 06:29 AM
dj slade
liutenant dan

i heard michael c hall from dexter could be the riddler

Old Post May 27th, 2009 03:24 PM
dj slade is currently offline Click here to Send dj slade a Private Message Find more posts by dj slade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote