KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman 3 Discussion Thread

Batman 3 Discussion Thread
Started by: lord xyz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (45): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Meh, the '40's comics are different than the comics now, and the fact of the matter is that all of his villains are taken more seriously than they once were. Even a villain as great as the Joker went through a period where he was simply comic relief. The Riddler would work just fine in Nolan's universe, especially since we haven't seen a lot of Batman's detective side.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 05:29 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Davis Bloome
Meh, the '40's comics are different than the comics now, and the fact of the matter is that all of his villains are taken more seriously than they once were. Even a villain as great as the Joker went through a period where he was simply comic relief. The Riddler would work just fine in Nolan's universe, especially since we haven't seen a lot of Batman's detective side.

But like I said, Riddler may have changed since then, but Robin changed a lot since the 40s, too, and everyone still holds that era (40s-60s) against the character...

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 05:23 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I don't hold it against his character, because he's pretty cool, but the majority of people I've talked to on forums don't want him in the movies because this is a young Batman and they want to see him tackling his problems solo before they rush into partnering him with Robin or Batgirl. I'd be totally fine if he met Dick Grayson & maybe was in the stage of training him, but he didn't become Robin. That'd be fine, but we don't necessarily need Robin this early in the series. Batman is only in his late 20's. Robin should always come into play when he's in his mid 30's.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 03:14 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

I don't hold it against his character, because he's pretty cool, but the majority of people I've talked to on forums don't want him in the movies because this is a young Batman and they want to see him tackling his problems solo before they rush into partnering him with Robin or Batgirl. I'd be totally fine if he met Dick Grayson & maybe was in the stage of training him, but he didn't become Robin. That'd be fine, but we don't necessarily need Robin this early in the series. Batman is only in his late 20's. Robin should always come into play when he's in his mid 30's.

Yeah, that's what I'm suggesting, but a lot of people don't want the character in AT ALL... It's those people who use the 40s-60s era against the character. But those same people want Riddler in, when he was just as goofy back then as Robin...

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 05:13 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I'm not denying that a lot of villains were goofy in those days, just that some would fit into this universe and some wouldn't. At this stage, with all that's going on with Batman, I wouldn't buy him having the time to mentor and train someone to be his sidekick, and I honestly don't even see this version of Batman as wanting a sidekick at all.

With the Riddler he'd provide more of a challenge for Batman mentally....almost more than the Joker, because if the riddles are incredibly difficult, Batman would have to use every bit of his brainpower to solve them.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 04:19 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'm not denying that a lot of villains were goofy in those days, just that some would fit into this universe and some wouldn't. At this stage, with all that's going on with Batman, I wouldn't buy him having the time to mentor and train someone to be his sidekick, and I honestly don't even see this version of Batman as wanting a sidekick at all.

With the Riddler he'd provide more of a challenge for Batman mentally....almost more than the Joker, because if the riddles are incredibly difficult, Batman would have to use every bit of his brainpower to solve them.

good post

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 06:59 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

But the logic behind not wanting Robin at all (his old goofiness) would apply to Riddler, too, right? We aren't looking at modern Riddler, since the logic that those certain fans use doesn't look at modern Robin...

See what I'm geting at?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 08:38 PM
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

My point now isn't that he isn't wanted because of his goofiness, the more mature comic fans have been long past that, and see him as a great character, but what I'm saying is he has no place in this series right now. The Riddler, on the other hand, does.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 02:05 AM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

My point now isn't that he isn't wanted because of his goofiness, the more mature comic fans have been long past that, and see him as a great character, but what I'm saying is he has no place in this series right now. The Riddler, on the other hand, does.

Yes, I understand that. He shouldn't be in the series yet, I'm not disputing that. I'm saying if those fans don't want Robin in ANY future film for THOSE reasons, they shouldn't want Riddler either because he fits THOSE reasons, too...

That was the point I was trying to get across...

Anyway...

(please log in to view the image)

'Nuff said...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 03:16 AM
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Lol, this is the last thing I'll say on the Robin & Riddler subject for now because I know you probably want the discussion to move on but I have no doubt in my mind Nolan could take both as seriously as possible and make a great result.

My top choices for villains still stand as either a return from the Joker, the Riddler, Bane, or Harley Quinn. Yes, yes, I know you detest Harley Quinn, but Nolan would have the perfect opportunity of making the character nearly the same as TAS without making her too goofy. If she were used, the only time they'd have to show the Joker is maybe in a flashback sequence where she's talking to him in Arkham, but she could work quite well as a solo villain.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 05:08 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can't he just punch the Riddler in the face?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 02:01 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

What would that have to do with showing Batman's detective skills?

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 10:25 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by lord xyz

then there won't be much of a two hour film..

What would that have to do with showing Batman's detective skills?

i am very positive that Batman 3 or should i say Shadow of the Bat will show Batman's excellent detective skills

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 12:33 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by lord xyz

that's why he needs to solve the riddles. so he can get close enough to the riddler to do so.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 12:39 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
or should i say Shadow of the Bat
Is that the official title? I was hoping for The World's Greatest Detective or The Caped Crusader.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 04:24 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Is that the official title? I was hoping for The World's Greatest Detective or The Caped Crusader.

no but i do hope so

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 05:52 AM
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Neither The Caped Crusader nor The World's Greatest Detective would work as a title for these films, but I'm all for Shadow of the Bat being the title.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 06:19 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Neither The Caped Crusader nor The World's Greatest Detective would work as a title for these films, but I'm all for Shadow of the Bat being the title.

It fits directly into Nolanverse

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 07:00 PM
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Exactly, which is why I want it used so badly. Especially with everyone being after Batman, I think it'd all go together perfectly.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 05:42 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Exactly, which is why I want it used so badly. Especially with everyone being after Batman, I think it'd all go together perfectly.

yes it would, batman would certainly be able stay in the shadows while still protecting gotham city.. also i think gordan and batman will still communicate with each other secretly

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 06:18 AM