KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Episode 8x22: Doomsday - Season Finale

Episode 8x22: Doomsday - Season Finale
Started by: hermione7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ~JP~
You keep forgetting that this show has rarely nor does it plan to always follow the mythos, hence your bitterness. I suspect that the writers will have Lois do whatever the heck they want. laughing out loud

i'm not bitter. i'm just tired of people telling me how great welling is as clark when the clark he plays is nothing like the real one.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 10th, 2009 08:05 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I thought the one dying was Chloe for sure. Seeing that trailer, thats not the case. Clark seems the one missing from the funeral scene, same as Davis. I wanna say Clark but both deaths supposedly stick for good. Its a fact that Clark and Lois already signed for next season. So, It cant be Clark. Also, I think the other person dying besides Davis is Jimmy Olsen!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post May 11th, 2009 10:32 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by Raoul
i'm not bitter. i'm just tired of people telling me how great welling is as clark when the clark he plays is nothing like the real one.

But thats "the real one" as you perceive it. Someone else may see something entirely different. To each his own I think. My personal opinion is that Chris Reeve sucked as Supes. But hey thats just me. laughing out loud

Old Post May 12th, 2009 02:46 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by ~JP~
But thats "the real one" as you perceive it. Someone else may see something entirely different. To each his own I think. My personal opinion is that Chris Reeve sucked as Supes. But hey thats just me. laughing out loud

the "real one" is the one that appears in the comics every month.

dc says so, that's good enough for me.

Originally posted by Badabing
QFT. He is bitter!

you're the Khan to my Kirk...

------------------------------------

just hope in this episode we finally get to see just how powerful doomsday can be...

the problems inherent in doing the story when clark isn't well known do take away from it somewhat, imo. i don't mind them doing it differently, i think it just takes away from the emotional punch of the storyline.

any fight between Kal and Doomsday should be a major event, and if one of them doesn't die, and the fight isn't at least something of a spectacle (being the season finale too), then i think it's a waste, personally.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on May 12th, 2009 at 02:26 PM

Old Post May 12th, 2009 02:17 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MysteryRidah
Living Eternally

ENJOY THE SHOW EVERYONE AND I HOPE EVERYONE WATCHES TONIGHT smile

Old Post May 14th, 2009 02:11 PM
MysteryRidah is currently offline Click here to Send MysteryRidah a Private Message Find more posts by MysteryRidah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I think the other person dying besides Davis is Jimmy Olsen!

big grin I called it! Happy Dance

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post May 15th, 2009 12:49 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Fringe season finale=Amazing!
Lost season finale= Awesome!
Smallville season finale= CRAP!

Old Post May 15th, 2009 01:01 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

Well that was largely..................UNSATISFYING! WTF was that all about? I didnt like it at all. no

Old Post May 15th, 2009 01:01 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Will someone please explain to me...W...T...F...?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 15th, 2009 02:12 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Thats the general consensus over all the Smallville boards tonight.

And this just in: Jimmy as in Aaron Ashmore is not coming back.

quote:
'Smallville' exclusive: Find out why they killed %$#@#

May 14, 2009, 10:22 PM | by Michael Ausiello

Categories: Smallville
WARNING: Stop reading if you have not watched the season finale of Smallville. I mean it. Everyone else, onward and downward...

Talk about dodging a tall loophole with a single bound. In tonight's season finale, Smallville managed to kill off an iconic Superman character without incurring the wrath of the evil mythos police. I'm referring, of course, to the death of Jimmy Olsen at the hands of a de-Doomsdayed Davis. The show later revealed (or strongly implied?) that the shutterbug's younger brother is, in fact, the real Jimmy. Problem solved! Of course, that's little consolation to Aaron Ashmore, whose three-year stint as faux Jimmy ended with a steel pipe through the chest. In this exclusive interview, Ashmore reveals why he was caught off guard by his dismissal, how he'd feel about a Chloe-Clark romance, and who he thinks really killed Jimmy Olsen.

When did you find out that Jimmy wasn't long for this world?
AARON ASHMORE: About six months ago, right around the time we finished shooting "Bride." I knew that Jimmy was going to get hurt in that episode and go on a little hiatus, so I talked to the producers and asked, "Guys, where is this storyline going?" And they said, "Well, we have an idea to send Jimmy on a bit of a downward spiral and, in the end, sacrifice himself for Chloe." That's what I originally heard. I didn't know that that was necessarily going to happen this season. It happened a little sooner than I had anticipated.

Were you disappointed?
ASHMORE: Of course. I really enjoyed working on the show; to be sent off kind of sucks. But, at the same time, it works great for the story. And all things run their course. I guess Jimmy on Smallville had run his course.

Any chance he's not really dead?
ASHMORE: I don't think so. Not that I've heard.

When word leaked that two major characters were dying, no one suspected Jimmy because of the whole mythos thing. Did you think you were safe because of that?
ASHMORE: Absolutely. That was my first reaction. That being said, Smallville has taken some little turns here and there from the comic books.

So, Jimmy's little brother is the real Jimmy, right?
ASHMORE: That's how I read it. There's always been a bit of a discrepancy in how old Jimmy is compared to Clark and Lois, so this is a way of clarifying things. Jimmy [is supposed to be] 10 years younger than them, so Jimmy's little brother showing up totally makes it stick to the mythos.

What reason did producers give you for killing him off?
ASHMORE: I know when [the idea of] Jimmy coming to Smallville first came up, DC Comics had a bit of a problem because of the age difference thing. But the producers really wanted to bring the character in because they thought they could do some interesting stuff with him. I believe [producers] had reassured DC that by the end of the series -- or at some point -- they would rectify that [by making it clear that he's] not the real Jimmy Olsen.

How do you think fans will react to Jimmy's death?
ASHMORE: It's a mixed bag. It depends if you like Jimmy or not. There are a lot of people that probably think he's a really annoying, bumbling kind of guy, which, you know, there's no doubt about that. He's not the hero; he's the everyman. And I always questioned why people got so annoyed by that. [On the other hand], I think people who are big Jimmy fans are going to be bummed. But I think it's a nice way for him to go. I think he redeems himself and [emerges as] a bit of a hero after being so self-conscious and jealous [this season]. He had a lot of good qualities as well, but he took a dark turn at the end. I'll be interested to see how people take it.

Are you a "Chlark" fan?
ASHMORE: Abso… well…. romantically, I don't know if it would work. That's yet to be seen. But there's a very strong bond between those two characters. And you can see it in the show. Their scenes together are always really great, and they're always played really well by Allison [Mack] and Tom [Welling]. The connection is really, really nice.

What's next for you?
ASHMORE: I'm headed to L.A. tomorrow to hit the job hunt. I 'm in Toronto right now, where I just shot an episode of The Bridge. It's a Canadian-produced television show that CBS picked up. It's a procedural cop drama and I get to play a beat copy, which was really sweet. It's tough after being out of the audition game for three years. I'm going to try and see what the options are.

Old Post May 15th, 2009 03:03 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

meh... ashmore wasn't terrible, and Jimmy's not THAT important to the mythos, never has been...

Episode was bleh. For many reasons...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 15th, 2009 04:26 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

One word...Horrible

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 15th, 2009 06:29 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

One word...It was really incredible, don't you agree, guys?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 15th, 2009 06:57 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Man.... what a huge let down,for someone like me who gave up on this show around season 3 or 4...i sure dont care nor am i excited for next season.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post May 15th, 2009 11:51 AM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I sure hope they put this old dog down next season.

Old Post May 15th, 2009 12:18 PM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Okay so who else is ready for Clark to take his solitude at the fortress and let smallville go. Moving on to Oliver and Star City? Trying to still operate the justice team with Chloe while having just lost Queen Industries and nearly all his fortune.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post May 15th, 2009 01:04 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Raoul
meh... ashmore wasn't terrible, and Jimmy's not THAT important to the mythos, never has been...

Episode was bleh. For many reasons...
Originally posted by Mindset
One word...It was really incredible, don't you agree, guys?
Shut up.
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
One word...Horrible
QFT.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 15th, 2009 01:39 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

WTF?! Why build Doomsday up as this world threatening villain for the majority of the season then just dispose of him off-screen? Incredibly disappointing. Who the **** thought that was a good idea? Seriously, seriously disappointed. The season ended with a whimper rather than a bang when it could have ended with a massive, destructive fight between Clark and Doomsday. Kinda the point of DD tbh. Causing destruction and trying (and succeeding) to kill Superman. Arrrgh....well pissed off.

Just before Doomsday knocked Clark across a city block did anyone else think he said Superman? Thought that's what I heard.

Edit: At the end of the episode that was Davis coming out of the ground, right?

Hot sig by Scottie

Last edited by The Pict on May 15th, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2009 10:39 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Shut up.
QFT.

He isn't. He gets more prominence in Tv shows than he does in the comics. Comics will go three or four years with maybe half a dozen issues out of that 30 or 40 that might focus on jimmy a little.

i don't care anyways, i'm just saying that if they think the "mythos police" actually care that much about jimmy, well...

Originally posted by The Pict
WTF?! Why build Doomsday up as this world threatening villain for the majority of the season then just dispose of him off-screen? Incredibly disappointing. Who the **** thought that was a good idea? Seriously, seriously disappointed. The season ended with a whimper rather than a bang when it could have ended with a massive, destructive fight between Clark and Doomsday. Kinda the point of DD tbh. Causing destruction and trying (and succeeding) to kill Superman. Arrrgh....well pissed off.

Just before Doomsday knocked Clark across a city block did anyone else think he said Superman? Thought that's what I heard.

Edit: At the end of the episode that was Davis coming out of the ground, right?

i thought it was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Zod?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 16th, 2009 01:15 AM
Mindset

Shut up.
That's not nice.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 16th, 2009 01:18 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote