KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » How smart is Superman?

How smart is Superman?
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Thor might aswell be Rhino compared to Superman.

Also, stop trolling. smile

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Sep 6th, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2009 10:37 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
Thor might aswell be Rhino compared to Superman.

Also, stop trolling. smile

Thor is smarter than Superman, deal.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Sep 6th, 2009 11:37 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
(please log in to view the image)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...erPrey1pg37.jpg

Yeah dude...that just SCREAMS analytical mind to me erm

nowadays, he does.

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Thor is smarter than Superman, deal.

proof?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 6th, 2009 02:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
proof?

Better women, better friends, better life, better hero.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2009 02:53 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Better women, better friends, better life, better hero.

so no actual proof, then?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 6th, 2009 04:09 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Superman has always struck me as very knowledgeable and, on occasion, being rather creative and clever. I'd say his IQ is certainly above average, possibly gifted, but not genius level.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2009 04:21 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Mindship
Superman has always struck me as very knowledgeable and, on occasion, being rather creative and clever. I'd say his IQ is certainly above average, possibly gifted, but not genius level.

It is Genuis level its just he doesn't show it as much which he's just out and about, but in his fortress he builds advanced robots, devices, and other things that requre extensive scientific knowledge.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 6th, 2009 04:48 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by jalek moye
It is Genuis level its just he doesn't show it as much which he's just out and about, but in his fortress he builds advanced robots, devices, and other things that requre extensive scientific knowledge.
This can be covered by knowledgeable and creative but not necessarily genius per se (certainly very smart). "Genius" IMO would be if he were inventing and building things that, even on Krypton, would be considered unprecedented/innovative.

I"m not necessarily arguing that Superman can't be a genius. I just can't think of any feat offhand where "genius" would really fit the bill.

Last edited by Mindship on Sep 6th, 2009 at 07:44 PM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2009 07:41 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

so no actual proof, then?

Thor is so knowledgeable that magic hardly works on him.

A field, according to the Phantom Stranger, Superman lacks knowledge.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2009 07:45 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

This can be covered by knowledgeable and creative but not necessarily genius per se (certainly very smart). "Genius" IMO would be if he were inventing and building things that, even on Krypton, would be considered unprecedented/innovative.

I"m not necessarily arguing that Superman can't be a genius. I just can't think of any feat offhand where "genius" would really fit the bill.

His eidetic memory would probably be why he's a genius. Remember he built the key parts of the miracle machine. His mind also works a lot faster than any human.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 02:43 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

By human standards, Superman is a Genius.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 03:39 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

by god standards, he's above average lol

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 10:33 AM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Thor is so knowledgeable that magic hardly works on him.

A field, according to the Phantom Stranger, Superman lacks knowledge.

we had this conversation, so i won't reply.

superman robots, his manipulation of the phantom zone in for tomorrow, the miracle machine...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 12:05 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Allankles
His eidetic memory would probably be why he's a genius...His mind also works a lot faster than any human.
Sounds like a computer, but I wouldn't call a computer a genius.

superman robots, his manipulation of the phantom zone in for tomorrow, the miracle machine...
Definitely impressive. But were these feats possible because, at some point, he had access to Kryptonian data? Or did he design them from scratch, using only scientific data available on Earth and then he extrapolated from there?

Originally posted by xJLxKing
By human standards, Superman is a Genius.
This is what I'm thinking.

Last edited by Mindship on Sep 7th, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 12:51 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Sounds like a computer, but I wouldn't call a computer a genius.

Definitely impressive. But were these feats possible because, at some point, he had access to Kryptonian data? Or did he design them from scratch, using only scientific data available on Earth and then he extrapolated from there?

This is what I'm thinking.

the superman robots were his own creation, afaik. tbh, if there's no proof that he needed kryptonian data to create them, he gets the benefit of the doubt.

what he did with the phantom zone was all him, though like before, he gets the benefit of the doubt unless proof is otherwise provided.

superman memorised the specs for the miracle machine and built his own using 21st century tech, iirc. that alone constitutes genius, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 01:52 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

the superman robots were his own creation, afaik. tbh, if there's no proof that he needed kryptonian data to create them, he gets the benefit of the doubt.

Fortress of solitude...

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 03:29 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fortress of solitude...

he didn't build that, no...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 04:16 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

After Infinite Crisis he got his 'super-intelligence' back, as the writers even stated and showed, with Final Crisis being the most obvious example of this, where what he did puts him, imo, among the greatest minds in either company (Marvel/DC). So while before Infinite Crisis he was portrayed as very good but still a far cry from the likes of Steel or Hamilton, it doesn't seem to be the same way currently.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 04:24 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

he didn't build that, no...

no expression

You misunderstood.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 04:25 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Philosophía
After Infinite Crisis he got his 'super-intelligence' back, as the writers even stated and showed, with Final Crisis being the most obvious example of this, where what he did puts him, imo, among the greatest minds in either company (Marvel/DC). So while before Infinite Crisis he was portrayed as very good but still a far cry from the likes of Steel or Hamilton, it doesn't seem to be the same way currently.

that's true.

no expression

You misunderstood.

no i didn't.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 8th, 2009 07:47 PM