KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Samurai Jack Vs Afro Samurai Vs Rorouni Kenshin Vs Jubei

Samurai Jack Vs Afro Samurai Vs Rorouni Kenshin Vs Jubei
Started by: complexbrother

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonheartmm

jack- id say he can more than take on the surfer or king thor

considering ALL their feats however, id say kenshin tops afro, even though afro seems to do them more easily.

jubei is more human than any of em

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 11:20 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonheartmm
jack- id say he can more than take on the surfer or king thor

considering ALL their feats however, id say kenshin tops afro, even though afro seems to do them more easily.

jubei is more human than any of em
What makes you think Kenshin is above Afro?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 01:08 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I never before really paid much mind to too many of Jack's capabilities. I remember casual bullet deflections (on a regular consistency), soloing robo armies (also regularly), and "JUMP GOOD", but I also remember at least two occasions where, to my recollection, he was practically curbstomped (one of which was a more comical episode, though), the more serious of the two being pretty easily. I'll say that his feats have a bit of inconsistency, but his best ones still speak more for him than his shortcomings due to being more common. The only people I remember who ever really beat him tend to let him live anyway (like those hunters who were hired by Aku to kill Jack, but spared him because he was such a challenging hunt--that was a personal fave).

As for the other characters, I don't know jacksh*t about Jubei, and I haven't gotten the chance to really get involved with Afro Samurai, though I've heard good things about both the show and the character. Kenshin I like just fine, though I'm kind of cloudy on his potential.

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
There's actually supposed to be a movie that will come out and end the series.

That'd be Godsend.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 04:01 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I can only recall two incidents where Jack flat out lost: The hunters and the time portal guardian. The hunters was PIS in my opinion and the guardian was pretty much a martial arts god. Also he's cut through adamantium so he can and will slice through swords in this fight.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 03:28 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Jack cuts there weapons to pieces, then invites them to sit down and have some tea, while he tells them of his many journeys, adventures, and eventual defeat of Aku. Showing them laughter, sorrow, and a new respect for the Samurai. ^_^

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 08:56 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by King Kandy
I can only recall two incidents where Jack flat out lost: The hunters and the time portal guardian. The hunters was PIS in my opinion and the guardian was pretty much a martial arts god. Also he's cut through adamantium so he can and will slice through swords in this fight.

I actually agree on the first account what with the arrow itself. But I don't really remember how the fight between Jack and the guard at the tims portal went down, just that Jack wasn't in what I would consider particularly good condition.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2009 06:45 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

What makes you think Kenshin is above Afro?

well, for one thing, hiten mitsurugi ryu is always supersonic in movement speed and even more so in slashing. kenshin and seijiro have both jumped the height of entire large waterfalls/builsings with reletive ease, seijiro even destroyed the giant guy who was as large as a building without much trouble. furthermore, kenshin has cut incoming canon balls in half, easily evaded bullets, and destroyed signifiant portions of forests with large trees simply by fighting. also, his strength and resiliance can be seen against shishio when he uses his blade as a shield while shishio is pressing down on him and the entire granite floor of the arena actually collapses under the pressure. etc etc. overall, kenshin has the higher ends feats. afro just does his feats with greater frequency and ease. plus, if kenshin were to use a real blade instead of his reverse one, hed turn into a demon.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2009 08:10 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by King Kandy

Jack has cut through metal from the Marvel Universe?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 18th, 2009 08:15 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Jack has cut through metal from the Marvel Universe?

No the Jack-verse had a material of it's own called Adamantium (or maybe it was Adamantine) that the ultra-robots were made out of. Whatever, it's a material that is far stronger than any other metal, even those of the future.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 04:03 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Plus, Jack can jump good.

Actually, the only thing in the whole Jack universe that withstood his blade, and the Horse Head cutting technique, was the Scottsman's broadsword, it had magic runes, basically it was like Jacks.
And since we use the best, Doesn't that mean Jack's sword has that crazy glowing power up, and maybe the robotic arm as well?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 08:13 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

^what does it matter, he is near sky father, that alone shud destroy any competition.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 08:19 PM
KingD19

True. Plus, if he is getting beaten, he has a way to win, get his pony tail cut off, and let that frizz come out, then he becomes unbeatable, even by AKU. R.I.P MAKO

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 08:30 PM
King Kandy

Originally posted by KingD19
Plus, Jack can jump good.

Actually, the only thing in the whole Jack universe that withstood his blade, and the Horse Head cutting technique, was the Scottsman's broadsword, it had magic runes, basically it was like Jacks.
And since we use the best, Doesn't that mean Jack's sword has that crazy glowing power up, and maybe the robotic arm as well?

That "crazy glowing powerup" was a permanent enhancement to his sword, it just stopped glowing is all.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 10:30 PM
NemeBro

he is near sky father
He is nowhere near Skyfather. erm

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 10:58 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

^aku is pretty much at classic sky father level with his feats of sorcery/reality and time manipulation etc. that makes jack at his strongest near sky father. im not hyping him up, his high end feats really are that ridiculous.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 12:06 AM
NemeBro

^aku is pretty much at classic sky father level with his feats of sorcery/reality and time manipulation etc. that makes jack at his strongest near sky father. im not hyping him up, his high end feats really are that ridiculous.
Aku is nowhere near Skyfather level(I assume you are talking Odin-lite) either.

Aku's only time manipulation is time travel, his sorcery feats are nothing to a Skyfather.

Jack at best is mach 15(That is being VERY generous), low class 100, and possessing durability to enter orbit...There are Heralds with feats that completely eclipse that.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 12:10 AM
leonheartmm

^nope
nope

his sword makes him powerful like that

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 12:18 AM
NemeBro

^nope
nope

his sword makes him powerful like that
I notice you failed to actually address everything I said.

I accept your concession.

Although I must say, I am quite surprise to see you make not one spelling error in this post, you've improved, good for you. smile

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 12:24 AM
dadudemon

I notice you failed to actually address everything I said.

I accept your concession.

Although I must say, I am quite surprise to see you make not one spelling error in this post, you've improved, good for you. smile

He jumped about with that big ol' Sumo guy, too. So that should put him over class 100, by far.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 01:27 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by dadudemon
He jumped about with that big ol' Sumo guy, too. So that should put him over class 100, by far.
Class 100 means the capacity to lift 100 tons or more.

And last I checked he only lifted him a bit while he was on top of him, and crawled from under him.

That is still low class 100.

High class 100 would be characters like Superman. Jack is not a 100th as physically powerful as Superman. And Superman is not near Skyfather either. Can Jack take Superman?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:31 AM