KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Samurai Jack Vs Afro Samurai Vs Rorouni Kenshin Vs Jubei

Samurai Jack Vs Afro Samurai Vs Rorouni Kenshin Vs Jubei
Started by: complexbrother

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King Kandy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Remember the episode that Aku got the sword of of Jack's hand and tried to kill him but it wouldn't even pierce his skin? I think that that is what King is talking about.

I don't remember his sword hurting anyone good, though.

It is possible that pure good, like Jack, are unharmed.

He killed that guy who was the trapped in a rock-body, and he was good.

Old Post May 2nd, 2009 03:46 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by King Kandy

Episode #?

Old Post May 2nd, 2009 06:54 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LDHZenkai
Evergreen Oldboy

his sword cant harm someone who is truly good. According to the writers.

Old Post May 2nd, 2009 07:09 PM
LDHZenkai is currently offline Click here to Send LDHZenkai a Private Message Find more posts by LDHZenkai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by King Kandy

The circumstances were different, and the fact said guy lured countless warriors to their doom just so he could himself die pretty much clears him of the "pure good" that would keep the sword from affecting him.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post May 2nd, 2009 08:59 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

The question is, does Jack need his sword?

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 2nd, 2009 09:24 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by leonheartmm
well, for one thing, hiten mitsurugi ryu is always supersonic in movement speed and even more so in slashing. kenshin and seijiro have both jumped the height of entire large waterfalls/builsings with reletive ease, seijiro even destroyed the giant guy who was as large as a building without much trouble. furthermore, kenshin has cut incoming canon balls in half, easily evaded bullets, and destroyed signifiant portions of forests with large trees simply by fighting. also, his strength and resiliance can be seen against shishio when he uses his blade as a shield while shishio is pressing down on him and the entire granite floor of the arena actually collapses under the pressure. etc etc. overall, kenshin has the higher ends feats. afro just does his feats with greater frequency and ease. plus, if kenshin were to use a real blade instead of his reverse one, hed turn into a demon.

Big friggin' whoop.

Afro efficiently fought in a freefall in the middle of the sky with his robotic double, deflecting his lasers and other such attacks without losing a beat. He cuts bullets almost REGULARLY, efficiently enough to shatter it and kill several people behind him, and on occasion has shown to slash at virtually untraceable speeds. Afro on at least one occasion has dodged gatling gun fire on a rooftop after getting cleaved in the back, and deflected arrows from a crossbow that were shot out like a gatling gun. He's deflected laser fire on at least two occasions. Afro's also fought and bested at least five superhuman cyborgs that range from having high levels of strength and speed to being human missle launchers, and being able to smash through buildings in massive blasts. Not to mention that barbaric superhuman clone of his father that Afro only refused to waste becasue he couldn't accept that his real father was dead. The one thing they ahve in common is that they're all a helluva lot tougher than anything in Ruroni Kenshin. The fact that Afro does such high-end feats with so much more ease is testament to the fact that he's in a higher league.

Seijuro's a badass though. At least the techniques in Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu don't slowly kill him.

And where the hell do you get this "demon" jazz? Just because his eyes turned yellow when he went back into manslayer mode for that one fight with Saito (in which he was disarmed by the latter's BELT IIRC), it doesn't exactly classify him as demonic so much as an exaggeration of his old persona.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Jun 17th, 2009 at 03:49 AM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 03:45 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

i remember that fight with saito. he used his belt yeah. laughing out loud

saito's godly though.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 04:10 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I have to say that was pretty lame. He was about to break his neck too. I can't believe Kenshin let himself get in that situation.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 04:18 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Or maybe Saito is just that skilled?

I mean, he was a rival for Kenshin as the Battosai after all.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 04:22 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I'm not trying to deny Saito's capabilities, nor Kenshin's necessarily. I'm simply saying a belt wouldn't be too big a factor in a fight against a "Demon".

Hell, Justice was (or rather, still is) more classifiable as a "demon" than Kenshin, even though I'm sure he's more along the lines of a "result of a bio-hazard" so to speak (if the whole toxic waste thing is true).

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 04:32 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Or maybe he really is Gawd?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 04:51 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

He hadn't collected all 'em headbands (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 05:12 AM