KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » The General Discussion Thread

The General Discussion Thread
Started by: The Grey Fox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21753): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dave_97
Party Dave

i feel like an outcast, i cant pick a thread

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 12:28 AM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quincy
I throw myself into 100 percent support of any of Foxy's threads.
me too

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 12:28 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

You know that this will just get closed, too, right, guys?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 12:29 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Quincy
I throw myself into 100 percent support of any of Foxy's threads.
You love it!

The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

yea

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

This won't necessarily be closed. It isn't the idea of a social thread that was the problem. It was more that a specific thread created an atmosphere where people continually felt like the rules didn't apply. It recurred over a long period of time, and was thus closed. Many social threads don't have those problems, and are more constructive.

And the other recent closures were because numerous threads were create merely in protest or mockery of our decision. Grey Fox respectfully voiced his dissent to me and I addressed his gripes, but don't see this as against the rules or etiquette of the forum in any way. Of course, thats subject to change based on behavior, but it should be understood that closings aren't arbitrary and should never be taken personally.

Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wittig
Restricted

Account Restricted

yea we know

Wittig is currently offline Click here to Send Wittig a Private Message Find more posts by Wittig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Originally posted by Impediment
yes i think we all know sad

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 12:30 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
It has no reason to be, by definition of the rules, it's a completely fine thread.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 12:30 AM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Digi
This won't necessarily be closed. It isn't the idea of a social thread that was the problem. It was more that a specific thread created an atmosphere where people continually felt like the rules didn't apply. It recurred over a long period of time, and was thus closed. Many social threads don't have those problems, and are more constructive.

And the other recent closures were because numerous threads were create merely in protest or mockery of our decision. Grey Fox respectfully voiced his dissent to me and I addressed his gripes, but don't see this as against the rules or etiquette of the forum in any way. Of course, thats subject to change based on behavior, but it should be understood that closings aren't arbitrary and should never be taken personally.
I understand. My point for this thread is mainly for members to get to know each other better, rather than just a retaliation to the close of the Millionth thread. I think it'd be good for KMC if the members had a thread to get to know each other better more and talk to each other, etc.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 12:32 AM
StanTheMan
_________

I really hope other mods will understand Digi's point of view on this too, but I guess we'll see

thanks Digi

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 12:33 AM
StanTheMan is currently offline Click here to Send StanTheMan a Private Message Find more posts by StanTheMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I hope this can be kept open for quite sometime, theirs a void now what with the mil closed, this could fill it in a constructive and pleasant manner.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 12:35 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wittig
Restricted

Account Restricted

boobs

-Roland

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 12:35 AM
Wittig is currently offline Click here to Send Wittig a Private Message Find more posts by Wittig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I hope this can be kept open for quite sometime, theirs a void now what with the mil closed, this could fill it in a constructive and pleasant manner.
Nah, lets firebomb the place back to the stone age.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 12:36 AM
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't want for this to be seen as a retaliation against the rules or mods or anything, since I honestly say it isn't.

dadudemon

Originally posted by Wittig
boobs

-Roland

Quoting the Quote for truth.

dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

wake up little suzy wake up little suzy

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 12:37 AM
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by Morning_Glory
me too

MG knows whats good.

Originally posted by The Grey Fox
You love it!

I Do I Do I Do-Oo!

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 12:44 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Oh, so we should get to know each other here?

I'm interested, TGF, in what you plan to do for your career after college?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 12:46 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote