KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » The Russian (Punisher) vs. Mickey (Snatch)

The Russian (Punisher) vs. Mickey (Snatch)
Started by: six6six

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
He can. Mickey doesn't have superhuman strength. I'm waiting for what proof you have that shows he can hurt Russian.

THANK YOU. RJ just never understands.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 01:07 PM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Russian got stabbed and took a wrench to the face like nothing happened.

Then he man-handled the Punisher with one arm, lifting him up in the air.

:/

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 01:09 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

Originally posted by Placidity
Russian got stabbed and took a wrench to the face like nothing happened.

Then he man-handled the Punisher with one arm, lifting him up in the air.

:/

Pretty much.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 04:12 PM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by omgchos
Without weapons mickey doest have a chance. Even tho he can knock out big mofo's with one punch, the russian would break that fool in half.
The russian can deffinetly take that fools hits.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Definitely, you say?

Nope, your imagining things. You should DEFINITELY read it again RJ.
Maybe you'll understand it this time.

I stand by what i said.

You said the Russian can definitely withstand the fools hits.

I said Definitely?

You said no, you are imagining things, read it again.

Wheres the confusion? You said he can definitely take the hits, I asked you are you sure, then you said I am imagining things. Also, how is the Russian gonna break him in half? This is a boxing match, dude.

Mickey takes on a guy twice his size at the end of Snatch, takes a Rocky Balboa type beating, and still wins.

I just watched the fight in Punisher again, carefully this time, and this is my opinion now:

First, The Russian did take a knife to the shoulder, but hey, so did Frank.

At no time in the fight did the Russian display any real boxing skills. All he did was throw Frank around and use WCW tactics.

He punches Frank right away in the face, and it doesnt even knock Frank down.

Frank REACHES for a pipe wrench, but the Russian knocks it away, Frank hit him with a thin piece of metal. Might have been a crowbar, not sure.

Look how the Russian died, a fall down the stairs. Hell, Kevin Bacon took a worse fall in "Death Sentence" and survived, and he was a pussy ass risk assessment guy.

The Russian is SLOW. He will tire out long before he hits Mickey.

Frank hits/kicks him in the face/head one, two, three, four, five times. First time was a right cross, second time was where Frank swung on the chain and kicked him in the head, third time was when Frank hit him with an empty box, fourth time was with the thin piece of metal (crowbar?), fifth time was a snap kick to the face. Then Frank burns his face with the boiling water, then the fall down the stairs. At no time did the pipe wrench come into play. And let me add that the only impressive one was the crowbar, the rest of the hits to the head/face were nothing compared to someone ramming their bare fist over and over and over into one's face.

If Mickey and the Russian are fighting a boxing match, and the Russian has to rely on boxing only, then Mickey, fast as he is, is gonna tag him twenty or thirty times before the Russian even comes close to landing a blow.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:07 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

That guy isn't twice as big as the Russian, he also isn't portrayed as being somewhat super-human as the Russian was, either.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

Wow writing all that is kinda like.....

Hold on ill think of it....

waisting time!!!!
the russian wins. just deal with it man.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:10 PM
six6six
Droog

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Unless you're a World Class Heavy weight Champion.

Those people know how to throw punches. That padding is just there to keep from breaking fingers. There really isn't much difference between Bare Knuckle and Gloved. The only difference is the length of the match. If Boxing wasn't so much a spectator sport, then it would be Bare Knuckle or simple tape.

Come on, now. Don't even try and compare this scrub to Rocky.

I still have to disagree. I've boxed before and I can tell you there's a difference. When you're in a street fight and you're goin' heads with some fool, bare knuckles will deal more damage than gloves, so there IS a big difference. And believe me, I'm not taking anything away from Rocky, but you have to remember, Mickey was a lot lighter/skinnier in weight and taking full on hits from mo fo's WAY bigger than him. In the illegal underground bare knuckle boxing world, weight is not really a factor, if you can scrap, you fight who they put in front of you. Rocky fought guys in the same weight division. I think Mickey can endure alot more then you think. Now if Mickey & Rocky were to fight, my $$$ would be on the Pikey. Rocky would get KOFO!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:13 PM
six6six is currently offline Click here to Send six6six a Private Message Find more posts by six6six Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
That guy isn't twice as big as the Russian, he also isn't portrayed as being somewhat super-human as the Russian was, either.
Point is Mickey was beaten to the point of being KO'd, but came back and one punched KO'd him.

And everyone is forgetting that this is a BOXING MATCH. The Russian is slow and has zero boxing skills.

Lemmee try a different tact:

Jet Li in LW4 against Drago, Jet pwns.

Rocky versus Drago, Rocky pwns.

Jet Li against the big ass brutha in Kiss of the Dragon, Jet pwns.

Kevin against Marv, Kevin had him beat. (I know Marv cut his shit up, but I am talking about the h2h part. If the fight had continued h2h, Kevin would have killed Marv.)

Rambo against the big ass Russian's in Rambo 2 and 3. Rambo pwns.

See? Just cuz someone is a frigging beast doesnt mean they wont get their asses handed to them in a fight under certain conditions, the conditions here being that it is a straight up BOXING MATCH.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:19 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
six6six
Droog

In his last fight, he got hit plenty of times and that guy wasn't no Sugar Ray Leonard.

Yeah, the guy was no Sugar Ray, but he was still no match for Mickey. Mickey was buying his time because of his plan to dispose of Brick Top. If he were to go in a KO the dude instantly, his plan wouldnt have worked. And in buying time, he took hits he wouldnt necessarily have taking if he were to go all out, but he had to make it look good.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:21 PM
six6six is currently offline Click here to Send six6six a Private Message Find more posts by six6six Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

waisting time!!!!
Just cuz?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:22 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

That guy Mickey is fighting is not equal to Russian's level of durability. Size has nothing to do with this. This is a boxing match which means that Russian can absorb his blows and punch him in the face.

There was also a difference in how those two got stabbed. Frank jammed it in Russian's chest as hard and fast as he could and Russian didn't even flinch, he actually powered out of it. Frank got overpowered and it slowly went it due to resistance and Frank was in pain.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:23 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
That guy Mickey is fighting is not equal to Russian's level of durability. Size has nothing to do with this. This is a boxing match which means that Russian can absorb his blows and punch him in the face.

There was also a difference in how those two got stabbed. Frank jammed it in Russian's chest as hard and fast as he could and Russian didn't even flinch, he actually powered out of it. Frank got overpowered and it slowly went it due to resistance and Frank was in pain.
And as Mickey jabs his fist in the Russians face over and over, the Russian will not even flinch? The Russian was killed from his head hitting the tile floor after falling down some stairs, that proves that a precise blow CAN KO him.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:27 PM
Impediment
Endless

waisting time!!!!

1. Learn to spell properly before you decide to lash out. The correct spelling, I belive, is "wasting".

2. How about you quit trying so hard and present a valid argument instead of posting the same images over and over? You seem better suited for the Comic Book Versus Forum, methinks.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Apr 14th, 2009 at 05:38 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:36 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

And as Mickey jabs his fist in the Russians face over and over, the Russian will not even flinch? The Russian was killed from his head hitting the tile floor after falling down some stairs, that proves that a precise blow CAN KO him.

Yes Russian won't flinch. That wasn't a precise blow, he died because all of that blood that oozed from his head. I'm not sure but it sounds like Frank snapped his neck at the end. I don't see how falling to your death=the ability to be ko'd by a precise blow.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:38 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Impediment
1 You seem better suited for the Comic Book Versus Forum, methinks.

Dude...I go to the vs forum...that hurts. sad

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:39 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Point is Mickey was beaten to the point of being KO'd, but came back and one punched KO'd him.

And everyone is forgetting that this is a BOXING MATCH. The Russian is slow and has zero boxing skills.

Not really.

"This is a bare knuckle boxing match where anything goes (except weapons)." -thread starter

So the Russian can grab, can head-butt or even bend Mickey over and **** him up his ass for fun, if he were so inclined. Mickey can also, if he were capable.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Origina wholly posted by Wei Phoenix
Dude...I go to the vs forum...that hurts. sad

I didn't mean that everyone who posts in the CBVF is like him. You're cool in my book.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:41 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

To be fair, he also took more damage than is humanly possible before those said events.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:42 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Impediment
I didn't mean that everyone who posts in the CBVF is like him. You're cool in my book.

lol thats a book I'd read.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:45 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not really.

"This is a bare knuckle boxing match where anything goes (except weapons)." -thread starter

So the Russian can grab, can head-butt or even bend Mickey over and **** him up his ass for fun, if he were so inclined. Mickey can also, if he were capable.
Well then that aint a boxing match, is it?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 07:53 PM