KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Atrocitus VS Sinestro

Atrocitus VS Sinestro
Started by: occultdestroyer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theICONiac

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vally Doosh
That's because he's Superman.

I mean, what you're saying is true in some respect but if it actually held across the board, Hal, Kyle and the rest of the humans would be among the weakest in the Corps which they obviously aren't.

I'm sure experience plays alot into wielding a ring (and those you mentioned have the most since they rebuilt the Corps) but with the exception of Sodam Yat it appears the vast majority of GL's are just plain, ordinary 'sentients'.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 09:50 PM
theICONiac is currently offline Click here to Send theICONiac a Private Message Find more posts by theICONiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by theICONiac
And this is what would make me think he would cream Sinestro in about 3 seconds...

If he hits Sinestro, then yeah it would take long, but Sinestro is quite smart. His ring did kill a red lantern

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 09:51 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Let me say that calling Atrocitus "Etrigan with a power ring" is pretty ridiculous. Etrigan is among the best at what he does. Atrocitus has no feats close to his level.

I'm sure experience plays alot into wielding a ring (and those you mentioned have the most since they rebuilt the Corps) but with the exception of Sodam Yat it appears the vast majority of GL's are just plain, ordinary 'sentients'.

The human Lanterns used to be made fun of for being ordinary. A lot of them would be considered super strong by our standards and there are telepaths, necromancers, and whatever else in the Corps not to mention guys like Mogo, The Collective and Leezle Pon.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 10:07 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theICONiac

Let me say that calling Atrocitus "Etrigan with a power ring" is pretty ridiculous. Etrigan is among the best at what he does. Atrocitus has no feats close to his level.

The human Lanterns used to be made fun of for being ordinary. A lot of them would be considered super strong by our standards and there are telepaths, necromancers, and whatever else in the Corps not to mention guys like Mogo, The Collective and Leezle Pon.

No, you are right. But it must be the collective experience of the human GL's that make them so formidable.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 10:09 PM
theICONiac is currently offline Click here to Send theICONiac a Private Message Find more posts by theICONiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Sinestro, imo. too good with the ring.

Also, agree with everything val said.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 10:15 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theICONiac

Originally posted by Raoul
Sinestro, imo. too good with the ring.

Also, agree with everything val said.

He ain't that good...who won the 'Sinestro Corp War' (with the Anti-monitor, Henshaw, Prime and Parrallax on his side)?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 10:18 PM
HaSon

Can't really punish the bad guy for losing in that situation...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 10:26 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theICONiac

Can't really punish the bad guy for losing in that situation...

Why not? Sinestro had the deck stacked in his favor. He had every advantage (ESPECIALLY with his guys being able to kill while the GL's couldn't for the longest time in the storyline) and he still lost.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 10:29 PM
xJLxKing

Why not? Sinestro had the deck stacked in his favor. He had every advantage (ESPECIALLY with his guys being able to kill while the GL's couldn't for the longest time in the storyline) and he still lost.

Except that his warriors weren't experience, and some were backstabbers, weaklings, and traitors. Some would flee, and other would give up. He was lucky that Cyborg S, And SMP were keeping JLA occupied.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 10:45 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He ain't that good...who won the 'Sinestro Corp War' (with the Anti-monitor, Henshaw, Prime and Parrallax on his side)?

He is that good, a fact he's shown Hal on more than one occasion.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 10:53 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theICONiac

He is that good, a fact he's shown Hal on more than one occasion.

Well, it will be interesting to see what happens when Sinestro takes on Mongul (a Superman-level adversary on his own but now with 8 yellow rings). If he beats him soundly I guess that means he could beat Atrocitus.

Not to hijack this thread, but do extra rings REALLY mean more power??

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 11:19 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well, it will be interesting to see what happens when Sinestro takes on Mongul (a Superman-level adversary on his own but now with 8 yellow rings). If he beats him soundly I guess that means he could beat Atrocitus.

Not to hijack this thread, but do extra rings REALLY mean more power??

mongul got taken down by Bzzd stick out tongue

and yes, more power, but no more will or imagination...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 11:22 PM
theICONiac

Ah, ah, ah! That WAS NOT a one-on-one battle...Mongul was facing several GL's (not to mention Ion - the supposed 'most powerful' GL).

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 11:32 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ah, ah, ah! That WAS NOT a one-on-one battle...Mongul was facing several GL's (not to mention Ion - the supposed 'most powerful' GL).

current Ion is shit. stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 11:34 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by The Nuul
We havent see enough of Atrocitus yet.
Agreed.

quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Do you think Mongul is a tool as much as I do? Honestly, the character is a joke. He's like...Superboy level, yet deludes himself into thinking he can take out Superman. ****ing hilarious to see him get owned by Supes, Cyborg, and everyone else. I hope Sinestro beats him to a bloody pulp and makes him kiss the ring.

Mustache power FTW.

Last edited by Enyalus on Apr 14th, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Enyalus
Do you think Mongul is a tool as much as I do? Honestly, the character is a joke. He's like...Superboy level, yet deludes himself into thinking he can take out Superman. ****ing hilarious to see him get owned by Supes, Cyborg, and everyone else. I hope Sinestro beats him to a bloody pulp and makes him kiss his ring.

Mustache power FTW.

laughing out loud

*remembers moustache episode of family guy*

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 11:39 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Do you think Mongul is a tool as much as I do? Honestly, the character is a joke. He's like...Superboy level, yet deludes himself into thinking he can take out Superman. ****ing hilarious to see him get owned by Supes, Cyborg, and everyone else. I hope Sinestro beats him to a bloody pulp and makes him kiss the ring.

Mustache power FTW.

I think he was downplayed through the 90's. For me Mongul is brutality personified, the fear power ring suits him just as well as Sinestro.

Srysly: Tell me the Qwardian power ring wasn't created for this guy.

(please log in to view the image)

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Last edited by Allankles on Apr 15th, 2009 at 01:25 AM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 01:19 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Allankles
I think he was downplayed through the 90's. For me Mongul is brutality personified, the fear power ring suits him just as well as Sinestro.

Srysly: Tell me the Qwardian power ring wasn't created for this guy.

(please log in to view the image)

Badass pic. Still doesn't make me like the giant douche. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 01:28 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Mustache power FTW.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 02:12 AM