KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E24 - I Am Sylar

S03E24 - I Am Sylar
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quincy
Debaser

You know what they should do?

Sell Heroes to DC.

Have Sylar be a character in the DC universe.

Have the "eclipse epidemic" storyline in DC comics, where Superman deals with several people in new york city who now have strange powers"

something like that........

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 10:39 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Ew. Why would we do that?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 11:16 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Ew. Why would we do that?

Because I was HIGH and it sounded kickass.

Negative man.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Apr 18th, 2009 01:09 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Haha, alrighty then...

Old Post Apr 18th, 2009 01:21 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

In watching this episode I had some hope..

Was I supposed to care that Sylar is good or evil or somewhere in-between????

While watching the show I'm surprised that Sylar didn't say "Live long and Prosper" or "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". yeah I know shameless Star Trek plug, but I laughed after [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Danko put a little knife in the back of Sylar's head and after Sylar got back up and said "that hurt"

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 06:34 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

What is the explaination for that? Is there anyway to kill this dude?

I'm with you about the caring if Sylar is good or evil. I'd lost trying to figure that out a long time ago. I applaud them for using his new shifting powers to try and tell an identity crisis arc, but at the same time, it seemed kind of repetitive. We've seen Sylar search for "who he is" with his dad...only to figure out that it's his mom who helps ground him in knowing his identity? Seem like a few steps back to me.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 10:45 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

i am starting to get labled as a heroes hater....as me and my friends watch the show...but is it because i love the show so much...and know it has such potential.....i am not even sure...but this episode failed...big time....this is part 1 for the season ending?...and it felt wrong on so many levels. I was not happy with the "13 hrs ago" lead up to the press conference...nor the identity crisis....Matts situation was somewhat interesting....i think his acting is top notch..and carried the scenes well.....i actually understand the Sylar incident.....he did mention how small the spot actually is....and Danko only used the knife on the shapeshifter..not the real Sylar....but as a whole this episode just did not do it for me...Michas role seemes out of place and rushed..hiro and ando...i dont even know what to say..and how many characters are going to keep giving us the emotional turn around...over and over....but in the end ...i still watch the show and my friends still hear me grunt with displeasure...although my friend agreed with me about last nights episode.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 01:20 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Boring ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...and same old is the character this way or that way. Is Sylar good or bad same old stuff again. Hiro and Ando, just meh....same old again. Matt was ok, over all a big snore and this EP dropped the ball.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 01:28 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crimsonphoenix
Officially Unofficial

It ws borring. Since when did they turn Sylar into Golum? lol When Danko said that he found Rebel and Sylar saw it was Micah. I was like you better not capture him and kill him off in the next episode. I like Micah alot. I hope to see his character in the future.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 02:11 PM
crimsonphoenix is currently offline Click here to Send crimsonphoenix a Private Message Find more posts by crimsonphoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I enjoyed it, sucks for you guys

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 06:03 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

While Sylar's situation seemed lackluster as a lead-up to the finale, I was pleased with the episode overall. I'm wondering what's going down with Hiro having a massive nosebleed from using his power, Matt nevers fails to impress me.

I thought for sure that Nathan was a dead man at the end, as I've become expectant. And I'm glad Micah got away.

Sylar's switching back and forth between himself and his mother reminded me strongly of Hitchcock's Psycho, having issues with his mother and turning into her to talk to himself... eerie.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 06:18 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Captain REX
While Sylar's situation seemed lackluster as a lead-up to the finale, I was pleased with the episode overall. I'm wondering what's going down with Hiro having a massive nosebleed from using his power, Matt nevers fails to impress me.

I thought for sure that Nathan was a dead man at the end, as I've become expectant. And I'm glad Micah got away.

Sylar's switching back and forth between himself and his mother reminded me strongly of Hitchcock's Psycho, having issues with his mother and turning into her to talk to himself... eerie.
The nose bleed (i'm guessing) could be a super boost in power from ando.

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 10:58 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

I'm glad Micah got away. Not sure if Sylar was feeling generous or what.

What would it matter if Danko used the knife on the shapeshifter? Is Sylar protected from blows because he's someone else? That confused me.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Had some questions but it was still good. Though I'm a little unsure of how this sets us up for the season finale...

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 12:34 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by RoguePw25
What is the explaination for that? Is there anyway to kill this dude?

I'm with you about the caring if Sylar is good or evil. I'd lost trying to figure that out a long time ago. I applaud them for using his new shifting powers to try and tell an identity crisis arc, but at the same time, it seemed kind of repetitive. We've seen Sylar search for "who he is" with his dad...only to figure out that it's his mom who helps ground him in knowing his identity? Seem like a few steps back to me.

I actually like how the used his mother to explain his Identity Crisis, cuz it finally put to rest that awful "search for my past" arc, and we went back to season one for explanation. It was nice to see Ellen Greene back (wonder who else from Pushing Daisies it's going to make a cameo big grin )
I like the Psycho/Gollum approach to Sylar's inner demons, it was nice, and we also got an explanation as to how Sylar can turn into somebody without touching them.
One thing I really hate though: why did the clothes changed with Sylar?
We've seen in past episodes how he remains with the same clothes regardless of who he shapes into, why change it now. It's so random, and... retarded.
I understand it helps keep the mystery of her mother talking to him, but, it's was a really long stretch.

I didn't like Matt though, some more flip-flopping: "I'm going to escape with you to protect you"
"I have to stay behind and fight to protect you"... erm

Hiro and Ando were meh, but I found some of it enjoyable, though Hiro's whining it's beyond annoying... he got that nosebleed coming

Micah was ok, but I found it unlikely they will find him the way they did... I mean, how did he not see then coming...

I'm also tired of good-Sylar... hopefully he helps everyone just to prove his powerful enough...

Loved Danko's face at the end... really don't know what to make out of it, maybe Danko didn't hit the sweet spot, maybe Sylar's molecule were rearranged or something... dunno

I'm glad Micah got away. Not sure if Sylar was feeling generous or what.

What would it matter if Danko used the knife on the shapeshifter? Is Sylar protected from blows because he's someone else? That confused me.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Had some questions but it was still good. Though I'm a little unsure of how this sets us up for the season finale...

At the time Sylar got stabbed, he was him, not someone else... though the recent shapeshift may have something to do with it

Overall I was quite impressed with this episode. I though they were gonna pull another "Truth and Consequence" on us (they still did, with the preview, mostly showing what happens in the season finale, instead of the actual episode).. but this episode turn out to be very enjoyable. I liked it even more then the last episode

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 03:03 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

well said

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 04:11 AM
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Yeah, good job S.D.J. I must have stepped out of the room at this part, but what was the explaination as to why Sylar can turn into someone without touching them?

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 07:12 AM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Yeah, good job S.D.J. I must have stepped out of the room at this part, but what was the explaination as to why Sylar can turn into someone without touching them?
He just has to find some of their D.N.A. to use. Makes prefect sense to me.

Thou I was also greatly annoyed with the cloths changing as well. I mean it made since back when Candice did it and Sylar had her power in the alternate future but with this shape shifting its just stupid and poor production on the shows editing.

My guess as to Hiro's nose bleed is its a response from Mattie's turning on an ability he'd lost. Like continuesly forcing your body to do something it shouldn't be doing.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Last edited by Entity on Apr 22nd, 2009 at 01:05 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 01:02 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

He touched nathans tooth brush and his mothers blood from the scissors he stabbed her with (or the blood on her clothes) pick one stick out tongue

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 05:56 PM
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

That one works! Didn't notice that, thanks.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 10:05 AM
starlock
Team Authority

I think Hiros problem started with keeping another person out of his time loop...first the baby then....it was the first time he had ando out of the time stop that he had a headache...and the second time his nose started to bleed....that was my impression....just my 2 cents smile

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 12:29 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote