KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Quotes About Anything.

Quotes About Anything.
Started by: omgchos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ~Leopold Stokowski

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Berthold Auerbach

All deep things are song. It seems somehow the very central essence of us, song; as if all the rest were but wrappages and hulls! ~Thomas Carlyle

If the King loves music, it is well with the land. ~Mencius

Without music life would be a mistake. ~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons. You will find it is to the soul what a water bath is to the body. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music. ~Gustav Mahler

Why waste money on psychotherapy when you can listen to the B Minor Mass? ~Michael Torke

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 05:13 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ~Leopold Stokowski

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Berthold Auerbach

All deep things are song. It seems somehow the very central essence of us, song; as if all the rest were but wrappages and hulls! ~Thomas Carlyle

If the King loves music, it is well with the land. ~Mencius

Without music life would be a mistake. ~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons. You will find it is to the soul what a water bath is to the body. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music. ~Gustav Mahler

Why waste money on psychotherapy when you can listen to the B Minor Mass? ~Michael Torke

i love them especially Without music life would be a mistake. ~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
i almost used it in my senior add happy

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 05:17 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

"k"

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 05:29 PM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

"Greed is good"

-Gordon Gekko from Wall Street

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 07:18 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly - Sam Keens

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 07:22 PM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Gotham has fallen to the criminals, can someone somehow reclaim the city

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 07:27 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

"Little One, I would like to see anybody - Prophet, King, or God, persuade a 1000 cats to do anything at the same time." - Quoted from Neil Gaiman's, "The Sandman"

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 07:28 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gefallen_engel
Beautiful Disaster

Piece De Resistance
---------------------

When the fork eats the spoon
and the knife stabs
the face reflected in the plate
dinner is over

Ohne dich kann ich nicht sein, ohne dich. Ohne dich zähl ich die Stunden ohne dich. Lohnen nicht.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 07:30 PM
gefallen_engel is currently offline Click here to Send gefallen_engel a Private Message Find more posts by gefallen_engel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Holy Shitballs - Ace Ventura

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 07:31 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

At night it is we who shall reclaim them

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 07:33 PM
GCG
Red Bull

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Moosey
Hahahahaha, look at Walshy!!! laughing out loud

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 07:37 PM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

once a man stood up and shouted " I'M FREE, I'M FREE"

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 07:39 PM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Frailty! Thy name is woman!-Hamlet

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 05:19 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

show me yours and ill show you mine - milk money

Last edited by leonheartmm on Apr 17th, 2009 at 05:34 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 05:30 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

And the night shall be filled with music,
And the cares that infest the day
Shall fold their tents like the Arabs
And as silently steal away.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, The Day Is Done

He who sings scares away his woes. ~Cervantes

Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness. ~Maya Angelou, Gather Together in My Name

Were it not for music, we might in these days say, the Beautiful is dead. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Music is what feelings sound like. ~Author Unknown

There's music in the sighing of a reed;
There's music in the gushing of a rill;
There's music in all things, if men had ears:
Their earth is but an echo of the spheres.
~Lord Byron

Musical compositions, it should be remembered, do not inhabit certain countries, certain museums, like paintings and statues. The Mozart Quintet is not shut up in Salzburg: I have it in my pocket. ~Henri Rabaud

Music is the poetry of the air. ~Richter

If I were to begin life again, I would devote it to music. It is the only cheap and unpunished rapture upon earth. Sydney Smith

There is nothing in the world so much like prayer as music is. ~William P. Merrill

If in the after life there is not music, we will have to import it. ~Doménico Cieri Estrada

Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it. ~Henry David Thoreau

Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. ~Ludwig van Beethoven

I have my own particular sorrows, loves, delights; and you have yours. But sorrow, gladness, yearning, hope, love, belong to all of us, in all times and in all places. Music is the only means whereby we feel these emotions in their universality. ~H.A. Overstreet

My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require. ~Edward Elgar

Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them!
~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. ~Charlie Parker

Life can't be all bad when for ten dollars you can buy all the Beethoven sonatas and listen to them for ten years. ~William F. Buckley, Jr.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 05:32 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

a pussy in hand is worth two in the bush

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 05:36 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

off with their heads

use a sword

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 07:28 PM
leonheartmm

OFF WITH THEIR DICKS!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 07:29 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

You are the protector, protect the guilty, punish the innocent

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 07:30 PM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Hard writing makes easy reading-cant remember who

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 10:31 PM