KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman: Secret Origin

Superman: Secret Origin
Started by: Raoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ok... We know that Geoff Johns is writing his own, definitive Superman origin this year. Now, i'm curious as to what parts people would like to keep, and what parts people would like done away with or changed...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 06:24 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Re: Superman: Secret Origin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raoul
Ok... We know that Geoff Johns is writing

Stopped reading.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 07:04 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Vally Doosh
Stopped reading.

could be worse. he could be writing kyle's origin...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 08:23 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

his origin is fine as is

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 08:57 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galvaclaw

Which origin is that?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2009 11:09 AM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

A new power source, one that is potentially limitless; Zero point field, Tachyons, God Wave, hatred of Jade Goddie etc.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 02:52 AM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Raoul
...what parts people would like to keep, and what parts people would like done away with or changed...

It should be explained that the reason humans and Kryptonians are so phenotypically similar is because both races descend from a common ancestor (not unlike the Preservers from Star Trek TOS).

I suppose one could even go with humans being descended from a long-ago/long-forgotten Kryptonian expedition to Earth, but then you'd have to explain why 1) humans aren't suped-up from the yellow sun; and 2) if Kryptonians had starflight way back then, why they didn't escape their planet's fate.

Overall, I'd like to see origin and powers more solidly based in science (again, not unlike hard scifi).

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 08:41 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Re: Superman: Secret Origin

Originally posted by Mindship

Overall, I'd like to see origin and powers more solidly based in science (again, not unlike hard scifi).

Same here for me.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 09:04 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Anyone read the first issue? I thought it was pretty good, and it looks like the series is going to set a few things straight...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 08:20 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by -Pr-
Anyone read the first issue? I thought it was pretty good, and it looks like the series is going to set a few things straight...

did it change anything?

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 08:54 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by jalek moye
did it change anything?

it further confirmed that Clark was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Superboy before becoming Superman. Plus, the Legion are supposed to be in the next issue.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 09:10 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

What I'm wondering is if it effectively retcons his claim that he only really went all-out 3 times in his life: Once as a kid when he punched some other kid before he had his powers, next in his final punch against Doomsday in DOS, and third against Imperiex in OWAW

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 06:29 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Endless Mike
What I'm wondering is if it effectively retcons his claim that he only really went all-out 3 times in his life: Once as a kid when he punched some other kid before he had his powers, next in his final punch against Doomsday in DOS, and third against Imperiex in OWAW

how would it do that?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 08:13 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm gonna get this Part 1 off ebay

gonna be the first Superman comic i've brought for a looooooong time.

Last edited by Kazenji on Sep 28th, 2009 at 08:53 AM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 08:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by -Pr-
how would it do that?

Well if he had his powers when he was so young....

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 01:31 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm gonna get this Part 1 off ebay

gonna be the first Superman comic i've brought for a looooooong time.

it's worth it.

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Well if he had his powers when he was so young....

true, but he's already shown fear as regards to using them. i wouldnt be surprised if hurting pete was what actually drove him to start controlling himself better...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 01:43 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Finally got Part 1 and have started reading it i'm liking it so far.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 05:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I liked the explanation that Johns gave to why Clark wears the glasses.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 04:42 AM
FistOfThe North

A new origin. Maybe he's Krypton's own Jesus Christ. Born of an immaculate conception to exist for a pupose: To defend human freedom against Cobra: a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world..

hehe

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 02:58 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

How come Batman doesn't have to go through this? He just gets additions to his origin; Superman gets radical changes.
After Superman Returns in 2006, they started giving the Fortress Of Solitude that crystal look from the films, complete with the Jor-El recordings for his questions. Are they going to keep that? And what about costume adjustments?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 29th, 2009 05:09 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote