KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E25 - An Invisible Thread

S03E25 - An Invisible Thread
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Vicious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
I'm holding out that it's Tracy. She seemed real pleased at finding a guy from Building 26, which Barbara did not seem to have anything to do with unless they write that in... but I'm guessing Barbara will show up, if indeed that wasn't her.

She might be tracking down agents from building 26 to get some sort of revenge.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 02:09 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomVA

I agree with most, lame finale. My question is the same as most, did Peter get all of Sylar's powers or a few? If he got all of his powers then Peter would have know they were lying to him about Sylar being dead. Not to mention Nathan not really being Nathan.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 02:09 PM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by S_D_J
Sylar did caught Doyle, though he may not have killed him, he did get his power, because he was actually using it, it was the same way Doyle uses it...
though I did though Sylar used telekinesis to fly, he could be very well gotten it using Empathy

I don't think he took Doyle's ability. I thought he gave up on his whole "empathic mimicry" kick when he found out Elle was a ***** or whatever. I think it really was telekinesis, and he can float around with it and stuff.

Originally posted by Captain REX
As for Nathan, Sylar obtained flying by his empathic means. The clairsentience power allows him to fully understand everything about Nathan from the past. So he flew. Made sense to me.

That doesn't make sense at all dude. Are you saying he could fly because he touched Nathan's cufflinks? If so, then Nah man.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 02:48 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Originally posted by Quincy
I don't think he took Doyle's ability. I thought he gave up on his whole "empathic mimicry" kick when he found out Elle was a ***** or whatever. I think it really was telekinesis, and he can float around with it and stuff.

That doesn't make sense at all dude. Are you saying he could fly because he touched Nathan's cufflinks? If so, then Nah man.

Danko asked him to not take off the shapeshifters head off..and so he used his empathic mimicry.....and if i am correct...he has levitation(from someone on the list in season one-which they did not show him get...just alluded to)...which could explain things...but its not a real stretch to say he got flight while fighting Nathan...i can see that....but of course they did not show us...thats another story.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 03:09 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by starlock
Danko asked him to not take off the shapeshifters head off..and so he used his empathic mimicry

Oh well I guess that sheds more light on it. I didn't see the episode where he takes the shapeshifting power. He did it with his empathic mimicry?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 03:18 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by VenomVA
I agree with most, lame finale. My question is the same as most, did Peter get all of Sylar's powers or a few? If he got all of his powers then Peter would have know they were lying to him about Sylar being dead. Not to mention Nathan not really being Nathan.

But Peter never questioned whether that was the real Sylar or not. Therefore, his lie detecting powers shouldnt have kicked in.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 03:41 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, I dunno if lie detection is totally passive that it would just fire off whenever someone lies. In any case, I don't think Peter took all of his powers. Peter was bleeding and limping after the confrontation, meaning he didn't regenerate, which he would have been able to do if he had stolen everything Sylar had. Which then makes you wonder how Peter chose shapeshifting, or if he came up with his plan once he figured out what he had.

And no, Quincy, I didn't mean just because he touched the cufflinks. The way Sylar uses his empathy requires him to fully understand his subject. He obtained his electricity power after that 'touching' scene with Elle, after figuring out her major daddy issues and all that jazz. The much of the time where Sylar was hunting the shapeshifter involved him figuring out the shapeshifter's mentality and lifestyle, and he got the power without sawing open James Martin's head. In the case of Nathan, I feel he employed the empathy alongside clairsentience. Clairsentience was allowing Sylar to see defining moments in Nathan's life and from there he could understand all the issues prevalent in Nathan's tale. So I'm pretty sure he was floating due to possessing flight.

Additionally, thinking he was Nathan requires him to think he can fly... heh.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 05:54 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
But Peter never questioned whether that was the real Sylar or not. Therefore, his lie detecting powers shouldnt have kicked in.

They would have undoubtedly kicked in at some point. If the charade is still going on 6 weeks later or whatever. Unless the writers are "Pulling a Heroes" and are just hoping people forget about that.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 06:19 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Wait. If Peter took all of Sylar's powers, shouldn't he be like going serial killer about now?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 08:32 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I think that:
-Peter didn't take all of Sylar's abilities, he needed shapeshifting, he used it, we won't know what else he took until next season
-Peter knows about Nathan not being Nathan
-Sylar did took Doyle's abilities, we need confirmation on that, but he could have taken it just as easily as he took Martin's, the way he made Claire do everything she did, was clearly a puppet thing (even keeping her quiet). Whenever he uses telekinesis, the victims still try to fight it off (as though being gripped), Claire was standing still.
-I wanna believe is Barbara we saw and not Tracy. though it makes sense for Tracy to be chasing agents, it will completely destroy her "redemption" in "Cold Snap"

IMHO

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 03:43 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I believe they used the sound effects that accompany telekinesis when Sylar was forcing Claire around. I dunno, it just seemed like fine-tuned telekinesis to me. His hand gestures, too.

As for levitating vs. flight... Heroeswiki is using the 'until we see him actually fly, he doesn't have it' mentality. Would've been silly to have Nathan fly in that window from across the away and have Sylar float slowly after him.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 08:30 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I thought it was telekinesis too.. it seemed to me that Claire was more being pushed and pulled around rather than being made to walk.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 11:05 AM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by S_D_J

-I wanna believe is Barbara we saw and not Tracy. though it makes sense for Tracy to be chasing agents, it will completely destroy her "redemption" in "Cold Snap"

IMHO

It is Tracy.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
From Ask Ausiello

Question: You were right: The Heroes finale was fantastic. Any scoop on season 4? --Eric
Ausiello: Tracy's whole revenge arc will serve as a centerpiece of next fall's "Redemption" volume.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04...usiello--5.html

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 11:34 AM
S_D_J
Bane

oh

there it goes then.......

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 08:23 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Curious.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 10:36 PM
Quincy
Debaser

That is so bisexual.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post May 1st, 2009 01:33 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

what the hell...

TGFwashere

Old Post May 15th, 2009 06:47 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote