KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » .hack// The World R:2 Login

.hack// The World R:2 Login
Started by: Silent Abyss

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

.hack// The World R:2 Login

The World is the first massively multi-player online RPG since Pluto's Kiss. Developed for the ALTIMIT OS, The World had a lot of media hype, resulting in over 100,000 preorders being taken in November of 2007. The World was sold online for download, and in the first day alone it sold 4,576,623 copies.

The World was created by the genius programmer Harald Hoerwick under the name Fragment. Fragment was released as a limited beta approximately nine months prior to the release of The World. The beta was stopped early for unknown reasons and The World was released shortly afterwards.

The World's storyline is based off of the Epitaph of Twilight, an epic poem by the web author Emma Wielant. In the game the world has been under attack by monsters, which has forced the forces of good to retreat into fiercly defended cities and forts. Only adventurers (represented by the players) are allowed to penetrate the magical shields around these safe havens and battle with the monsters that lurk outside. These adventurers draw their power through their mastery of waves, symbols that are inscribed onto their bodies and equipment that allow them to channel the power of the elements into their bodies in the form of magical skills and abilities.

In 2015, a fire destroyed most of The World's game data, so CC Corp quickly began work on a replacement. By splicing together the remaining data from The World with another game they were working on, they created R:2. It was released on Christmas Eve, 2015. However, fans of The World disliked the change as they were unable to transfer their character data to The World R:2, and many referred to the launch as "Goddess's Death". Despite this fact, the game goes on to sell 12 million copies, though it still falls short of its predecessor's 20 million.

Character classes are a bit more ranged, now, than previously, and consist of the following:

Adept Rogue
Blade Brandier
Macabre Dancer
Edge Punisher
Flick Reaper
Harvest Cleric
Lord Partizan
Shadow Warlock
Steam Gunner
Tribal Warlock
Twin Blade

[for the purposes of this RP, and to remain as fair as possible character-wise, i will not be allowing any classes from prior installments of The World, nor will the Dual Gunner class from the dotHACK://GU series be playable. for more info on any class, simply click the above link corresponding to your class of interest.]

Basically, it's a dotHACK free-range RP, like the one I started years ago, except characters will not be transferrable from aforementioned RP.

Character Sheets will include, but are most certainly not limited to the following:

UserName:
Character Class:
Appearance:
Weaponry:
Server/Root Town: (see below notes)

There are no character levels. I have no way of fairly setting up a leveling system, and thus I cannot implement it into the RP.

The following is a list of Servers and their corresponding Root Towns in the following format SERVER//RootTown:

DELTA//MacAnu
THETA//DolDona
OMEGA//LuminaCloth
SIGMA//BregEpona

I'm eagerly awaiting all of your characters, so we can get this thing underway. I'll post mine in a little while.

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Apr 26th, 2009 02:25 AM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anon E. Mous
The French Taunter

UserName: Sniper666
Character Class: Steam Gunner
Appearance: Tall, with Small Horns
Weaponry: Customized steam gun, with large black blade
Server/Root Town:OMEGA//LuminaCloth

Do i have to know stuff about .hack to play? Because i don't.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2009 02:57 AM
Anon E. Mous is currently offline Click here to Send Anon E. Mous a Private Message Find more posts by Anon E. Mous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/

This will tell you anything about .hack// really, but no, you don't have to know much about it to play. ^-^

UserName: Aria De Concierta
Character Class: Twin Blade
Appearance:
(please log in to view the image)
Weaponry: Dual Swords, one black, one white, named Onyx and Pearl, respectively.
Server/Root Town: SIGMA//BregEpona

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Apr 26th, 2009 04:05 AM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Is... Is no one else going to come sign up now that we're approved? o.o

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 01:12 AM
Matr0shka
Only I am that I am.

lol i love people that do that crap

Old Post May 5th, 2009 04:37 AM
Matr0shka is currently offline Click here to Send Matr0shka a Private Message Find more posts by Matr0shka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

I don't. v.v It's incredibly annoying. -.-

Old Post May 5th, 2009 05:01 AM
Matr0shka
Only I am that I am.

o i was being sarcastic btw. You know how many times ive created a thread and people are like " OMFG AWSOME IM IN !!!!" and then i make it and BLA. You know what i will join this big grin lets RP even if its just me and you

Old Post May 5th, 2009 05:10 AM
Matr0shka is currently offline Click here to Send Matr0shka a Private Message Find more posts by Matr0shka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matr0shka
Only I am that I am.

UserName: Thannis
Character Class: Adept Rogue
Appearance: PIC
Weaponry: Black Bladed Katana
Server/Root Town: SIGMA//BregEpona (ill go with that :P)
(( sorry for double post ))

Attachment: utthannis.jpg
This has been downloaded 185 time(s).

Last edited by Matr0shka on May 5th, 2009 at 05:20 AM

Old Post May 5th, 2009 05:14 AM
Anon E. Mous
The French Taunter

What about me?
Here's my stuff from above:

UserName: Sniper
Character Class: Steam Gunner
Appearance: Tall, with Small Horns
Weaponry: Customized steam gun, with large black blade
Server/Root Town:OMEGA//LuminaCloth

Old Post May 5th, 2009 11:45 AM
Anon E. Mous is currently offline Click here to Send Anon E. Mous a Private Message Find more posts by Anon E. Mous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matr0shka
Only I am that I am.

my bad XD o and if you could get a picture of the character that would be helpful smile. Do you have probems uploaded it or do you know how ?

Old Post May 5th, 2009 04:56 PM
Anon E. Mous
The French Taunter

Here you go... Imagine small black horns on his head.

The sword is pretty similar too, but its black, and is a steam gun.

Attachment: devil_may_cry_4.jpg
This has been downloaded 178 time(s).

Old Post May 5th, 2009 07:12 PM
Matr0shka
Only I am that I am.

Dante with horns, nice big grin

Old Post May 6th, 2009 06:34 AM
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Both approved. I've had confirmation from me sister that she'll post a character tomorrow, so I guess I'll open the RP thread once she's logged a character. That way we start with an even number.

Old Post May 7th, 2009 03:29 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

well i guess i'll join. i hate when people that sign up dont actually play

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post May 7th, 2009 03:36 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

thanks, jalek. ^^

Old Post May 7th, 2009 05:33 AM
Matr0shka
Only I am that I am.

cool now we have Jalek the ultimate bad guy playing >.> lol well at least when i RP with him hes a bad guy big grin

Old Post May 7th, 2009 05:49 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

i'll post the sheet later

Old Post May 7th, 2009 08:15 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matr0shka
Only I am that I am.

how much later ? :3

Old Post May 7th, 2009 09:26 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

UserName: Djalek
Character Class: Edge punisher
Appearance: (please log in to view the image)
Weaponry: great sword

Old Post May 7th, 2009 09:58 PM
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Approved. I'm thinking... I'm gonna redo my character from scratch... And then... Go ahead and open it in a sec, and if anyone comes along to join later, they can come in as they're ready. ^^ Posting the RP thread... now.

UserName: Amatsu-Mikaboshi
Character Class: Twin Blade
Appearance:
(please log in to view the image)
Weaponry: Dual Swords, One Black, One White, Named Onyx and Pearl, respectively.

Old Post May 8th, 2009 12:57 AM