KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Schools Ban Dodgeball

Schools Ban Dodgeball
Started by: That ACDC Chick

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Röland
Masked Vigilante

The best was when you completely smashed someone in the face or stomach when they weren't looking. Good times.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 06:29 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Dude, Dodgeball was the BEST! It was one of my favorite things as a kid. We played an alternate version called Pylon Ball. Everything was the same. EVERYTHING. Difference is, there was a pylon (orange cone thingie that you see on the side of the construction zone...it was the rubbery kind.) on the opposite end of the basketball court. If it was knocked over, the team won the game automatically. There was always a guard in front of the pylon, so it was hard to knock it over with a ball.

It was the BEST! I am going to setup a game like that for my 10 year highschool reunion.

Anyway, everyone played except those who had homework. Even the nerdie/prissy girls who could barely throw the ball. The better players knew better than to hit one of the nerdy/prissy girls with a cannon...that's not nice. And we had a no face rule...meaning, we couldn't hit each other in the face. If you hit someone in the face, you were out, and they stayed in. There was always a "ref" which was always a teacher.

we call tat Gator Ball here
and theres a little wiffle ball on the cone
of course im the beast goalie everyone fighs over

Originally posted by Quincy
Any Medic fans!?!?

Medic Dodgeball?!?! dood i love that version

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 07:57 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

these are the vids we watched in class today

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 08:03 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahsoka Tano
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks TGF

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 10:52 PM
Ahsoka Tano is currently offline Click here to Send Ahsoka Tano a Private Message Find more posts by Ahsoka Tano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lilmisskitten
Erotically Charged

love

My Stuffs "innit"

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 11:13 PM
lilmisskitten is currently offline Click here to Send lilmisskitten a Private Message Find more posts by lilmisskitten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

I disliked dodge ball in school. I didn't mind getting hit. I was just a lazy child. Actually I'd try to get hit, so I could go sit down.

Stupid to deny other children that like it though.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 11:15 PM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sorgo XIII
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
the threads about dodgeball

If you wanted a serious reaction, you should have posted this in the GDF.

Otherwise, I like to throw wrenches at new cars. Que?

Someone once taught me that the world only makes sense when you force it to.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 10:50 AM
Sorgo XIII is currently offline Click here to Send Sorgo XIII a Private Message Find more posts by Sorgo XIII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by Genesis
If you wanted a serious reaction, you should have posted this in the GDF.

Otherwise, I like to throw wrenches at new cars. Que?
we talk about this kinda stuff too

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 05:05 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
I disliked dodge ball in school. I didn't mind getting hit. I was just a lazy child. Actually I'd try to get hit, so I could go sit down.

Stupid to deny other children that like it though.

Lolz? They forced you to play? See, that's not cool.

And, yes, I think the no touch rule at that school is the worst thing that could be invented. I don't have empirical counter evidence to justify why, other than humans are an affectionate species. I guess if the humans are conditioned to believe that that type of hug is the best type, then they will get the same type of reward, at a neuro-chemical level.

IMO, that principle was horribly molested by other students so she's taking her problems out on her students. No, this wouldn't be the first time someone in education did that, either.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 06:24 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I always preferred kickball.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 07:47 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sorgo XIII
Restricted

Account Restricted

Heretic!

Someone once taught me that the world only makes sense when you force it to.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 08:11 PM
Sorgo XIII is currently offline Click here to Send Sorgo XIII a Private Message Find more posts by Sorgo XIII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Heresay!

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 08:32 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

This banning thing is pathetic. Emotions? Bull. I remember always being tagged and never getting anyone myself. I was also always targeted for four square. I was always picked last for kickball. I was slow, and I complained a lot. Do you want to know what came out of that? I work out every day, play sports, and live a good school social life filled with all sorts of friends. I took the things that hurt me as a kid and used it as fuel to shape me. Dodgeball I didn't play until Freshman year(sad, I know), but I kick ass at it. But when I was younger, I doubt I would have.

What I'm saying is losing and being at the bottom of the food chain is what motivates people into becoming successful. Take that away, and you've got nothing.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 09:44 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I liked Dodgeball.

I was an easy target, being alot bigger than most of the other kids, but I threw the ball like a cannon, and liked to cause physical injury to the opposing players. big grin

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 02:00 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow... just wow. I knew this was happening. They are trying to turn everyone into pussies.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 04:08 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by steverules_2
I know smile

(please log in to view the image)
...not even funny.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 05:39 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Strangelove
...not even funny.

Well, it was funny when we first saw that. In 2008.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 06:02 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

1. I used the wrong "principal" in my post. I am ashamed.

Originally posted by Strangelove
...not even funny.

2. No, it was VERY funny. I laughed for like, 5 minutes, off and on. I am behind the times, I know. I also sent it to several coworkers. One of them was on a telecon and he did what I call the "barf laugh". That's the laugh were it starts out like the sound of puking and then it turns into a laugh...it is so suddenly hilarious, that you just bust up instantly. People thought something was wrong with him in his Telecon and asked if he was okay...he played it off like he was coughing....but muted his phone.

Anywho, it was awesome, awesome, awesome! I haven't laughed that hard in months. Good job for finding that gem, man! thumb up

I'm also the only due the in the theater laughing when someone gets killed in grotesquely absurd ways...so my sense of humor is probably not normal.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 07:55 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
This banning thing is pathetic. Emotions? Bull. I remember always being tagged and never getting anyone myself. I was also always targeted for four square. I was always picked last for kickball. I was slow, and I complained a lot. Do you want to know what came out of that? I work out every day, play sports, and live a good school social life filled with all sorts of friends. I took the things that hurt me as a kid and used it as fuel to shape me. Dodgeball I didn't play until Freshman year(sad, I know), but I kick ass at it. But when I was younger, I doubt I would have.

What I'm saying is losing and being at the bottom of the food chain is what motivates people into becoming successful. Take that away, and you've got nothing.
thats the exact argument we had in my class

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
I liked Dodgeball.

I was an easy target, being alot bigger than most of the other kids, but I threw the ball like a cannon, and liked to cause physical injury to the opposing players. big grin

i think that me watchin a bunch of hockey has made me awesome at dodging and stuff like that cause i never get hit

Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
Wow... just wow. I knew this was happening. They are trying to turn everyone into pussies.

the wussification of America

Originally posted by dadudemon
1. I used the wrong "principal" in my post. I am ashamed.

2. No, it was VERY funny. I laughed for like, 5 minutes, off and on. I am behind the times, I know. I also sent it to several coworkers. One of them was on a telecon and he did what I call the "barf laugh". That's the laugh were it starts out like the sound of puking and then it turns into a laugh...it is so suddenly hilarious, that you just bust up instantly. People thought something was wrong with him in his Telecon and asked if he was okay...he played it off like he was coughing....but muted his phone.

Anywho, it was awesome, awesome, awesome! I haven't laughed that hard in months. Good job for finding that gem, man! thumb up

I'm also the only due the in the theater laughing when someone gets killed in grotesquely absurd ways...so my sense of humor is probably not normal.

you should check out the material we have in the Batman Forum

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 05:31 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dodgeball is a relatively safe way to let kids release their anger.

And its just plain fun.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 08:13 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote