KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Potc 4

Potc 4
Started by: That ACDC Chick

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Potc 4

got word recently about the fourth Pirates movie

what do you think they should have in it?
its obvious by the end of the 3rd that theyre looking for the Fountain of Youth, Jack's trying to get the Black Pearl back....again, and they might be meeting some historical figures.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 05:25 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

Yup, but apparently the only person returning is Johnny.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 07:40 PM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

isn't geoffery returning too?

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 08:57 PM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

they should at least tell if Will and Elizabeths son goes into piracy

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 10:14 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

TRAMPS!!!!!!

Jerry B., and Johnny I think are the sure people who's coming back.

If this keeps up we might not have a potc 4 after all..

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 1st, 2009 04:25 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

yea i know. see... i wouldnt mind it if they included the son and say what happened to will and elizabeth such as "they died" or watever...and just not leave them out:P

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post May 1st, 2009 09:11 AM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

LOL That'd be funny if all they said was "They died."

Old Post May 2nd, 2009 06:56 PM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

yeah
wouldnt bother me none though

Old Post May 2nd, 2009 07:23 PM
Bwa Ha Ha

Heheh. It'd be hilarious if a buncha Will haters in the theater just shouted "YES!" simultaneously.

Old Post May 2nd, 2009 08:38 PM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

id be one of them

Old Post May 2nd, 2009 11:10 PM
Bwa Ha Ha

And I'd be laughing my head off!

Old Post May 3rd, 2009 12:59 AM
Tramps Lady
Blaine

id stand up yell "YES!" then look around at all the girls who love him and go "SEE!! told ya'll he wouldn't last!" then laugh at them

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post May 3rd, 2009 04:34 AM
Bwa Ha Ha

I'd do that after I finished laughing!

Old Post May 4th, 2009 09:28 PM
*jcd*gmc*

i'm looking forward to the fourth movie but i have nooo idea how they're going to work around the absence of essential characters, such as elizabeth and possibly will. though they could get by focused on jack, they need SOME side stories. and look at the last movie; people said it was boring and it didn't get great reviews. that's all the pressure on jerry bruckheimer to make it better!! he had better think of something realllly good!

"..and that was without a single drop of rum."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 02:49 AM
*jcd*gmc* is currently offline Click here to Send *jcd*gmc* a Private Message Find more posts by *jcd*gmc* Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
*jcd*gmc*

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bwa Ha Ha
Heheh. It'd be hilarious if a buncha Will haters in the theater just shouted "YES!" simultaneously.

that is sooo true. laughing it would happen too. probably me too big grin

"..and that was without a single drop of rum."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 02:50 AM
*jcd*gmc* is currently offline Click here to Send *jcd*gmc* a Private Message Find more posts by *jcd*gmc* Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

id laugh even harder if/when they show Will and Elizabeth dying

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 03:16 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Found a cool article about what POTC4 needs to be a success! Read below.

10 ways to make sure Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 gets it right
Simon Brew

Disney confirms Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 is in the works. Here are the 10 things it needs to do to make sure it doesn’t suck.
Published on Sep 25, 2008

It’s not the most shocking news story of the day, not least considering that Disney was rumoured to be talking about a fresh Jack Sparrow outing last year. But it’s now been confirmed by the studio that Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 is officially in development, although no release date for the film has yet been set.

In the spirit of us being kind and helpful, and in wanted to see the Pirates franchise return to the joys of the first, here are our ten suggestions for ensuring that further adventures of Jack Sparrow head in the right direction….

1. Let your screenwriters finish the script. While it all sounds joyful to tell the story about how shooting started without a finished screenplay, this is not A Good Thing. As Mark Kermode noted in his review of the third Pirates movie, it seemed to finish shooting with a finished script, too. So top suggestion: don’t shoot a single frame of footage until you’ve locked down the script.

2. Hire an editor, and listen to them. Whether it was a by-product of the truncated production time, the last two Pirates films were flabby, and urgently needed at least half an hour taking off each. Nigh-on three hours of watching characters meandering around takes some skill to pull off. Pirates 3 didn’t manage it.

3. Shoot sequels one at a time. The back to back idea may have saved a few quid, but it hurt the films themselves. Big blockbusters clearly need heavy crafting, so build in the time to do so, by making them one at a time.

4. Just one Jack Sparrow. By the time the umpteenth iteration of Jack Sparrow popped up, Animal House-style, in At World’s End, we can’t have been the only ones getting – whisper it – slightly bored of Depp’s pirate. Less is surely more here.

5. Give Geoffrey Rush more to do. In Pirates 1, Geoffrey Rush was brilliant, given good lines, and allowed to really get his teeth into things. In Pirates 3, his primary role seemed to be to drive the boat, acting as a pirate SatNav. He barely said a funny thing in the whole flick, and that really needs sorting out.

6. Let Orlando go. We’re not jumping on the anti-Orlando bandwagon here, but his character has run its course, and a fourth film that attempted to shoehorn everyone back in would be a A Bad Thing. And Orlando is surely the most likely candidate for the chop.

7. Let’s have more than two minutes of Keith Richards. The whole having Richards playing Sparrow’s father thing was a good idea. The blink and you miss him cameo that it resulted in barely even registered. Either commit to it, or don’t. But half measures are not good.

8. Concentrate the narrative. This inevitably ties into point one, but don’t get carried away with giving every character a little subplot. Instead, map out a story arc, and get on with telling that story well. By all means include smaller arcs as part of that, but keep them under control.

9. Cast Robert Downey Jr as something. But that’s just common sense these days.

10. The crucial bit: hire someone to call bullshit. Don’t believe all of your own hype, and put people in place who can tell you when you’re going on off an ego trip, and when you’re actually making a decent film.

And did we mention you should cast Robert Downey Jr?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 03:47 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

haha That's a pretty good list.

Robert Downey Jr. and Johnny Depp in one movie might be too much. Too much awesome.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 04:27 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

lmao Robert Downy Jr...It's funny because it's true XP

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 07:41 AM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Fourth Pirates Based on Powers' On Stranger Tides?

Old Post Sep 12th, 2009 09:10 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote