KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Cell vs. Broly

Cell vs. Broly
Started by: strifex6

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
strifex6

Cell vs. Broly

I keep comming across this battle in other forums and i think its good fight. im not sure who would win but thats for you guys argue about.
i want to know what you guys have to say about this battle.btw its perfect cell.

Old Post May 1st, 2009 12:42 AM
strifex6 is currently offline Click here to Send strifex6 a Private Message Find more posts by strifex6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Broly, no effort on his part either. Cell couldn't deal with SSJ2 Goku or Gohan, Broly whooped on basically everybody who came his way. And it took Goku drawing everyones power to stop him.

Old Post May 1st, 2009 12:59 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Broly goes LSS, pounds Cell worse than he did to Goku in movie 8 (when Broly made his debut), toss him into the sky, and then blow him up along with the rest of the planet.

Old Post May 1st, 2009 01:25 AM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Cell couldn't deal with SSJ2 Goku or Gohan

Goku was never SSJ2 in his encounters with Cell erm, and Cell actually did even the odds for himself when he learned Instant Transmission and grew stronger because of the Saiyan cells within him (upon returning to earth after he self-destructed on King Kai's planet), thus becoming "Super Perfect Cell".

Super Perfect against Broly would be a more interesting fight even though Broly would likely win that too, but since it's just Perfect Cell according to the thread author, Broly wins even more easily.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on May 1st, 2009 at 02:09 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2009 02:04 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Perfect Cell got owned by Gohan when he went SSJ2. Broly's LSSJ puts him at a level at least equal to that of an SSJ2 imo.

Perfect cell goes down even faster than he did against Gohan.

The only place he stands a chance are in games like DBZ Tenkaichi 3.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post May 1st, 2009 03:58 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Broly's LSSJ puts him at a level at least equal to that of an SSJ2 imo.

If LSSJ Broly is only around being equal to that of a SSJ2 (that's a big if), then Super Perfect Cell would probably fight pretty evenly with him. I'm speaking of the Cell with the SSJ2-like aura that instantly killed Trunks and rendered one of Gohan's arms useless.

Old Post May 1st, 2009 04:11 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Broly ftw

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 1st, 2009 04:16 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Broly ftw

I'm going to have to agree with BS. Broly is faster than the hyperbolically trained Z warriors WHILE being in a form that looks like ultimate supersaiyan form...but with more raw power and KI.

Hmm.

I would say that fully powered Broly could take out Cell on the grounds that he is the Ultimate form of a supersaiyan, while being faster than any of the Z warriors...and having much more Ki. That would put him on level or higher than Cell in speed, buch much stronger than cell.

Old Post May 1st, 2009 04:23 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
If LSSJ Broly is only around being equal to that of a SSJ2 (that's a big if), then Super Perfect Cell would probably fight pretty evenly with him. I'm speaking of the Cell with the SSJ2-like aura that instantly killed Trunks and rendered one of Gohan's arms useless.

It certainly puts him above any of the intermediate forms seen in the series (Unless you are implying that it might be higher than SSJ2, it is called Legendary and is hyped up a lot)

He'd fight evenly for a while, Broly in LSSJ gets more powerful (with no apparent limit) as the fight goes on, in other words, if they're equal, Broly has more endurance, and will eventually win.

Plus, it's Perfect, not Super Perfect that is in this fight stick out tongue.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post May 1st, 2009 06:01 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It certainly puts him above any of the intermediate forms seen in the series (Unless you are implying that it might be higher than SSJ2, it is called Legendary and is hyped up a lot)

Yeah, that's what I was implying. I'm aware it's hyped up a lot, but meh. Can't really be helped. Don't like Broly much myself to be honest, not that it changes anything here.

Plus, it's Perfect, not Super Perfect that is in this fight stick out tongue.

True. Just sayin', Super Perfect would make things more fair in this case.

And is Cell allowed to spawn Cell Juniors to assist him in the fight? Thread author didn't specify on that.

Old Post May 1st, 2009 08:46 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

The only place he stands a chance are in games like DBZ Tenkaichi 3.

2nd Form Cell alone would destroy any version of Broly in that scenario.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post May 1st, 2009 08:49 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

Perfect Cell die..Super Perfect Cell can take Broly down i think..

Old Post May 1st, 2009 11:50 AM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Yeah, that's what I was implying. I'm aware it's hyped up a lot, but meh. Can't really be helped. Don't like Broly much myself to be honest, not that it changes anything here.

Ahh, okay then. His attitude and disposition suck and all, but he owned Goku & Co. more easily than any other villain imo.

True. Just sayin', Super Perfect would make things more fair in this case.

And is Cell allowed to spawn Cell Juniors to assist him in the fight? Thread author didn't specify on that.

Perhaps a Super Perfect vs. LSSJ Broly thread should be made then. This one's almost spite, if not outright spite.

Dunno. He most likely would, to make Broly focus his attention on something else. Though in most cases, those guys will be stomped easily.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
2nd Form Cell alone would destroy any version of Broly in that scenario.

Meh, I was talking about Perfect Cell.

Sure, 2nd could destroy, he's one of the cheapest characters in the game. Though if Broly has a potara that gives him a brick effect (if he doesn't already have one against 2nd Cell), the match is pretty much Broly's.
2nd won't be able to land a throw properly, and Broly could just block the rush.

Old Post May 1st, 2009 03:33 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Ahh, okay then. His attitude and disposition suck and all, but he owned Goku & Co. more easily than any other villain imo.

That last part can be argued, but I see your point nonetheless.

Perhaps a Super Perfect vs. LSSJ Broly thread should be made then. This one's almost spite, if not outright spite.

Indeed. no

Dunno. He most likely would, to make Broly focus his attention on something else.

1. Cell summons some Cell Juniors and/or uses Solar Flare on Broly to distract him for a bit.
2. Powers up to use some super finishing move, like the Spirit Bomb.
3. ????
4. Profit!

That's assuming it's Super Perfect (who can also use Instant Transmission for evasive maneuvers in addition, if need be), because if it were regular Perfect Cell, nothing he tries against Broly would make a difference really.

Though in most cases, those guys will be stomped easily.

Might be picking at straws here, but if it's Super Perfect that summons them, they would probably be stronger than the ones Gohan destroyed and would have SSJ2-like auras around them and stuff.

Either way, one of them Cell Juniors during the Cell Games did cancel out Vegeta's Final Flash with relative ease, so that has to count for something. erm

Sure, 2nd could destroy, he's one of the cheapest characters in the game. Though if Broly has a potara that gives him a brick effect (if he doesn't already have one against 2nd Cell), the match is pretty much Broly's.
2nd won't be able to land a throw properly, and Broly could just block the rush.

I never really use 2nd form Cell since I have the opportunity to transform again in most cases. How is he cheap exactly? confused

Old Post May 1st, 2009 05:54 PM
Demonic Phoenix

That last part can be argued, but I see your point nonetheless.

True, but they were in the super forms. Except for Buu and maybe Cell, I don't think anyone else came close to owning them the way Broly did. Buu probably surpassed him, now that I look back.
Good enough.

1. Cell summons some Cell Juniors and/or uses Solar Flare on Broly to distract him for a bit.
2. Powers up to use some super finishing move, like the Spirit Bomb.
3. ????
4. Profit!

That's assuming it's Super Perfect (who can also use Instant Transmission for evasive maneuvers in addition, if need be), because if it were regular Perfect Cell, nothing he tries against Broly would make a difference really.

We could all come up with tactics that each could use.
Also, Cell used Spirit Bomb? If so, I don't think it'll be as powerful as the ones Goku uses given that he needs energy from others. Also, doesn't having an impure heart or something to that extent stop you from using Spirit Bomb?

True about Perfect. He still has that desperation move though.

Might be picking at straws here, but if it's Super Perfect that summons them, they would probably be stronger than the ones Gohan destroyed and would have SSJ2-like auras around them and stuff.

Dude, stop bringing up Super Perfect Cell here stick out tongue. Until the thread creator changes the version, you are forbidden from bringing him up

Either way, one of them Cell Juniors during the Cell Games did cancel out Vegeta's Final Flash with relative ease, so that has to count for something. erm

True, but seeing how easily Gohan took them out when pissed...

Broly is pretty much always pissed, especially if Goku is around.

I never really use 2nd form Cell since I have the opportunity to transform again in most cases. How is he cheap exactly? confused

His throw -> Second normal Blast 2. Cheapest combo since it drains the opponent's health and gives him health. Combine that with a quick Ki Recharge potara and a Super Up potara, and you've got a huge advantage.
Only Syn Shenron's Blazing Storm (His normal Blast 2 where he shoots out this huge wave from his right hand, not Trap Shooter. Not sure about the name) is more cheaper if used correctly.

The only real reason you'd want to use Perfect over 2nd form is his multiple death beam and perhaps the health boost. Otherwise, you're better off with 2nd, or Super Perfect.

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on May 1st, 2009 at 07:00 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2009 06:53 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

True, but they were in the super forms. Except for Buu and maybe Cell, I don't think anyone else came close to owning them the way Broly did. Buu probably surpassed him, now that I look back.
Good enough.

I suppose I agree with that.

Also, Cell used Spirit Bomb?

Canonically, no, but it is one of his moves. He claimed to have known the move himself in the series, and has always been one of his special attacks in most of the video games.

If so, I don't think it'll be as powerful as the ones Goku uses given that he needs energy from others.

Depends on where they're fighting then. I guess the only reason the Spirit Bomb on Namek didn't kill Frieza was because Frieza had already killed pretty much all of the planet's inhabitants, so there was hardly much of anything for Goku to gather energy from.

Also, doesn't having an impure heart or something to that extent stop you from using Spirit Bomb?

It only stops you from bouncing it back if it's about to come at you or somethin'. You can still start/produce a Spirit Bomb even if you're evil though, just you'll have to get out of the way if it's deflected back at you, which Cell can do easily enough given that he has Instant Transmission.

True about Perfect. He still has that desperation move though.

The thing where he blows himself up? Broly would probably just use that shield/barrier that he used to defend himself from Frieza's Death Ball that destroy Planet Vegeta when he was an infant.
However, seeing as how Cell somehow gained more of Goku's cells after he self-destructed on King Kai's planet (thus allowing him to learn Instant Transmission), Cell could probably gain some of Broly's cells the same way. If so, that's bad news for the legendary super saiyan.

Dude, stop bringing up Super Perfect Cell here stick out tongue. Until the thread creator changes the version, you are forbidden from bringing him up

Fine.

True, but seeing how easily Gohan took them out when pissed...

Broly is pretty much always pissed, especially if Goku is around.

Well, it wasn't specified by the author as to whether Goku would be around during this particular fight or not, so I'm just gonna gather that he's not. Otherwise, Broly would probably ignore Cell and only go after Goku... because he made him cry as a baby. no expression

His throw -> Second normal Blast 2. Cheapest combo since it drains the opponent's health and gives him health. Combine that with a quick Ki Recharge potara and a Super Up potara, and you've got a huge advantage.
Only Syn Shenron's Blazing Storm (His normal Blast 2 where he shoots out this huge wave from his right hand, not Trap Shooter. Not sure about the name) is more cheaper if used correctly.

The only real reason you'd want to use Perfect over 2nd form is his multiple death beam and perhaps the health boost. Otherwise, you're better off with 2nd, or Super Perfect.

Ah, I see. Wow. Damn..

Old Post May 1st, 2009 08:39 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cell

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 1st, 2009 09:23 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

I suppose I agree with that.

Suppose stick out tongue?

Canonically, no, but it is one of his moves. He claimed to have known the move himself in the series, and has always been one of his special attacks in most of the video games.

Words and actions are two very different things erm(not going by video games since they aren't source material)...Still, he could have it, he learnt the Kamehameha iirc.

Depends on where they're fighting then. I guess the only reason the Spirit Bomb on Namek didn't kill Frieza was because Frieza had already killed pretty much all of the planet's inhabitants, so there was hardly much of anything for Goku to gather energy from.

I thought it was more of a receive factor, since Goku had to ask people to give him energy. I don't think people are going to give Cell energy, considering his personality.

It only stops you from bouncing it back if it's about to come at you or somethin'. You can still start/produce a Spirit Bomb even if you're evil though, just you'll have to get out of the way if it's deflected back at you, which Cell can do easily enough given that he has Instant Transmission.

I see. Ahh well, my mistake, read about SSJ Goku not being able to use SB at one time since SSJ was malicious or something like that.

The thing where he blows himself up? Broly would probably just use that shield/barrier that he used to defend himself from Frieza's Death Ball that destroy Planet Vegeta when he was an infant.
However, seeing as how Cell somehow gained more of Goku's cells after he self-destructed on King Kai's planet (thus allowing him to learn Instant Transmission), Cell could probably gain some of Broly's cells the same way. If so, that's bad news for the legendary super saiyan.

True, but Goku couldn't shield himself, unlike Broly who could, he wouldn't lose any cells with that kind of a shield.
Though, have to agree, if he gained Broly's Cells, he'd most likely reach a completely new level, perhaps one that could challenge Vegito.

Fine.

Didn't want to be too harsh on you so...here's 5$, buy whatever you want

Well, it wasn't specified by the author as to whether Goku would be around during this particular fight or not, so I'm just gonna gather that he's not. Otherwise, Broly would probably ignore Cell and only go after Goku... because he made him cry as a baby. no expression

Even then, Broly's pretty much pissed off anyways no expression, Goku being around just takes it to a new level. Can't blame him for hating Goku though, a baby crying non-stop like he did, enough to drive anyone crazy.

Ah, I see. Wow. Damn..

Indeed. Anyone you are playing against will most likely just forfeit anyway, unless they are good enough to counter, which is the only way to consistently stop that tactic.

Though it's great against the CPU stick out tongue.

Old Post May 2nd, 2009 12:54 AM
Csdabest

I always rated Brolly Power between SSJ2 and SSj3. Because the way he beat on Gohan in the second apperance made no type of sense. Even if Gohan gotten weaker he should have been able to do more. Even then it took Goku Gohan Trunks and Goten to to push brolly back. Im sorry but Broly is way stronger than a mere SSJ2.

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post May 2nd, 2009 05:36 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

Originally posted by Csdabest
I always rated Brolly Power between SSJ2 and SSj3. Because the way he beat on Gohan in the second apperance made no type of sense. Even if Gohan gotten weaker he should have been able to do more. Even then it took Goku Gohan Trunks and Goten to to push brolly back. Im sorry but Broly is way stronger than a mere SSJ2.

gohan wasnt ssj2 in the movie

We are True Avengers

Old Post May 2nd, 2009 03:55 PM
yungz22 is currently offline Click here to Send yungz22 a Private Message Find more posts by yungz22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote