KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Cell vs. Broly

Cell vs. Broly
Started by: strifex6

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Words and actions are two very different things erm(not going by video games since they aren't source material)...Still, he could have it, he learnt the Kamehameha iirc.

Well duh. The Kamehameha was practically Cell's most used technique. Ironically though, he only used Vegeta's Gallic Gun once.

I thought it was more of a receive factor, since Goku had to ask people to give him energy.

And there wasn't anyone on Namek to give Goku energy, besides Bulma, Krillen, kid Gohan, and Piccolo. Thus, fail strategy.

I don't think people are going to give Cell energy, considering his personality.

IIRC, Cell can always just use the voice/personality of someone he's absorbed, like how he used Android 17's voice in an attempt to trick 18.

I see. Ahh well, my mistake, read about SSJ Goku not being able to use SB at one time since SSJ was malicious or something like that.

Yeah. I used to think that too until the Kid Buu saga.

True, but Goku couldn't shield himself, unlike Broly who could, he wouldn't lose any cells with that kind of a shield.

Well, there's also the possibility that Broly will attack Cell as he grows large in preparation for his desperation move, not knowing that he'll blow up on him upon contact, and so Broly won't have enough time to think to use his shield , just as how Goku didn't have enough time to escape Cell's explosion after he transported him to King Kai's planet.

Though, have to agree, if he gained Broly's Cells, he'd most likely reach a completely new level, perhaps one that could challenge Vegito.

Perhaps. He could definitely beat any form of Buu though, methinks.

Even then, Broly's pretty much pissed off anyways no expression, Goku being around just takes it to a new level. Can't blame him for hating Goku though, a baby crying non-stop like he did, enough to drive anyone crazy.

Heh. True..

Indeed. Anyone you are playing against will most likely just forfeit anyway, unless they are good enough to counter, which is the only way to consistently stop that tactic.

You mean the online? I was under the impression that it was just full of kids who think they can beat you were their SSJ4 Gogeta erm, but yeah. I doubt most of 'em can even counter well enough to cancel out that 2nd form Cell combo you mentioned.

And yeah, of course it's good against AI opponents.

Old Post May 2nd, 2009 11:59 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Well duh. The Kamehameha was practically Cell's most used technique. Ironically though, he only used Vegeta's Gallic Gun once.

Seeing villains use Kamehameha never took well with me >__>. It's like seeing Goku breath fire like Hirudegarn.

Gallic Gun? Ahh, good times.

It, imo, seemed way cooler than the Final Flash when it first appeared.

And there wasn't anyone on Namek to give Goku energy, besides Bulma, Krillen, kid Gohan, and Piccolo. Thus, fail strategy.

True. Wonder why Frieza couldn't deflect it though.

IIRC, Cell can always just use the voice/personality of someone he's absorbed, like how he used Android 17's voice in an attempt to trick 18.

I see. The thing is, it takes a lot of time. Something I'm not sure is on his side wrt SB if he's up against Broly.

Yeah. I used to think that too until the Kid Buu saga.

What happened that made you change your mind? (I forgot the specifics, it's been a long time, so yeah)

Well, there's also the possibility that Broly will attack Cell as he grows large in preparation for his desperation move, not knowing that he'll blow up on him upon contact, and so Broly won't have enough time to think to use his shield , just as how Goku didn't have enough time to escape Cell's explosion after he transported him to King Kai's planet.

Who knows, Broly may just be that insane/dumb.

Perhaps. He could definitely beat any form of Buu though, methinks.

He'd beat Super Buu (w/Gohan as his source of power) many times over. iirc, he was more powerful than the Kid Buu version. Not too sure on that though. Kid Buu was psychopathic though. More so than Super.

You mean the online? I was under the impression that it was just full of kids who think they can beat you were their SSJ4 Gogeta erm, but yeah. I doubt most of 'em can even counter well enough to cancel out that 2nd form Cell combo you mentioned.

And yeah, of course it's good against AI opponents.

I can't play online (I have the PS2 version)...I have quite a few friends who are around equal to the CPU at lv5 (Training settings) in terms of countering and such. I'm about as good, or slightly better, than them in that respect, but I can chain & use moves much better, so yeah.

Though they still can counter throws and Blast 2's with quite a great deal of consistency, so for the most part, that combo is rendered obsolete. Though when I pull off the whole combo, I gain around 4000-6000 HP, and they lose over 10000 HP (1 full bar) if I include physical attacks before the throw.

Course, I could have it done to me as well, so I either stay away from 2nd cell and opt for a long range battle, or choose a character with a brick effect (such as a Giant-type, or the Potara) so that they can't stun me long enough to pull off the throw.

Against the AI, it's pure WIN.
Though another factor to take into consideration is if your opponent is an android (The health gain is almost insignificant) or a giant (throws & Rush Blast 2's don't work on them)

The gap between each character is considerably lessened. Wish those idiots would realize it.
I'm able to beat a modded Gogeta SSJ4 (CPU Very Strong, or one of my friends who loves spamming Blast 2's) with normal Hercule no expression. Course, the password character version of Gogeta is another story wrt Normal Hercule.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on May 3rd, 2009 at 01:13 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2009 01:10 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

Originally posted by yungz22
gohan wasnt ssj2 in the movie

There was already a video on youtube showing he had the whole lightning effect showing he was SSJ2. There is nothing disproving he wasnt SS2. And there wouldnt be a reason for him not to be. That and the hair was highly similar. When Gohan fought debura he didnt have lightning but he was a SSJ2. Thing is he got weaker cuz he wasnt trainning

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post May 3rd, 2009 01:23 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Seeing villains use Kamehameha never took well with me >__>. It's like seeing Goku breath fire like Hirudegarn.

I agree when it comes to Buu using the Kamehameha, which he has on occasion, but with Cell, it seemed rather natural to me for some reason.

Gallic Gun? Ahh, good times.

It, imo, seemed way cooler than the Final Flash when it first appeared.

Eh, not sure I agree with that. Vegeta's Final Flash against Perfect Cell was pretty freakin' epic, especially with the music given to it. That made it a lot more awesome than most of the other times he used it, even though it took him a lot longer to power up to use it the first time around.
The Gallic Gun was pretty cool as well though, but probably would've appealed more to me if it hadn't gotten cancelled out by Goku's Kaio-ken X4 + Kamehameha (or was it X3? I forget). Vegeta's first fight with Goku was the only time I remember him using it, along with Cell using it once in his semi-perfect form.

True. Wonder why Frieza couldn't deflect it though.

Because he's evil/his heart's impure. I thought you knew.

I see. The thing is, it takes a lot of time. Something I'm not sure is on his side wrt SB if he's up against Broly.

Well, like I said, Cell can either use Solar Flare to blind Broly for a bit, or spawn some Cell Juniors to distract the legendary super saiyan long enough for him to do what he needs to do.

On Namek, Krillen, kid Gohan, and Piccolo were able to distract Frieza long enough for Goku to prepare the Spirit Bomb, and on Supreme Kai's world, Vegeta, the fat Buu, and Hercule were able to distract Kid Buu long enough for Goku to do the same, so yeah.

What happened that made you change your mind? (I forgot the specifics, it's been a long time, so yeah)

I tried to think, but seems I've forgotten myself as well. It's all just a blur now. laughing out loud

Who knows, Broly may just be that insane/dumb.

I think he is to be honest. If he were as smart as most of the Z-fighters (and not as pissed off all the time), he probably would've broken free from Paragus's mind control device a long time ago. He also must've been pretty dumb for Videl, Trunks (from the present), and Goten to have lasted against him as long as they did in Broly: The Second Coming. I'm sure some Cell Juniors (or maybe even just one) could last against him even longer.

He'd beat Super Buu (w/Gohan as his source of power) many times over. iirc, he was more powerful than the Kid Buu version. Not too sure on that though. Kid Buu was psychopathic though. More so than Super.

Yeah. Super Buu with Gohan absorbed was the mightiest Majin so to speak, but Kid Buu was easily the most insane/destructive because of not having any 'goodness' from those he absorbed before. By feats, Kid Buu actually beats Buuhan, but we all know DBZ characters (except non-canon ones like Broly) are determined by power scaling, not feats. Otherwise, we'd be saying Frieza is stronger than Cell because he's killed more people/destroyed planets.

I can't play online (I have the PS2 version)...I have quite a few friends who are around equal to the CPU at lv5 (Training settings) in terms of countering and such. I'm about as good, or slightly better, than them in that respect, but I can chain & use moves much better, so yeah.

Though they still can counter throws and Blast 2's with quite a great deal of consistency, so for the most part, that combo is rendered obsolete. Though when I pull off the whole combo, I gain around 4000-6000 HP, and they lose over 10000 HP (1 full bar) if I include physical attacks before the throw.

Course, I could have it done to me as well, so I either stay away from 2nd cell and opt for a long range battle, or choose a character with a brick effect (such as a Giant-type, or the Potara) so that they can't stun me long enough to pull off the throw.

Against the AI, it's pure WIN.
Though another factor to take into consideration is if your opponent is an android (The health gain is almost insignificant) or a giant (throws & Rush Blast 2's don't work on them)

The gap between each character is considerably lessened. Wish those idiots would realize it.

Ah, okay. I have the PS2 version as well, not the Wii. People stopped playing DBZ games with me by the time the first Budokai Tenkaichi was out, so meh. Budokai 3 was the last one I got to thoroughly enjoy with others.

Probably would've known about all that stuff you mentioned if I had the drive to keep playing Budokai Tenkaichi 3 as much as I did most of the others, but the introduction of King Cold as a fighter still kinda made it worthwhile for me.

As for that last part, me too. Am glad they did that with the characters though.

I'm able to beat a modded Gogeta SSJ4 (CPU Very Strong, or one of my friends who loves spamming Blast 2's) with normal Hercule no expression. Course, the password character version of Gogeta is another story wrt Normal Hercule.

Heh. Hercule ironically, is one of my most used characters in every game he's in, especially the very first Budokai where he was kind of overpowered, but then he slowly became weaker and weaker with each following game, though he's still good nonetheless if you know how to use him right. I love what they did with that joke character for the most part.

Originally posted by Csdabest
There was already a video on youtube showing he had the whole lightning effect showing he was SSJ2. There is nothing disproving he wasnt SS2. And there wouldnt be a reason for him not to be. That and the hair was highly similar. When Gohan fought debura he didnt have lightning but he was a SSJ2. Thing is he got weaker cuz he wasnt trainning

Not true, about the last part. Gohan had lightening around him like any SSJ2 when he powered up after Kibito asked him to show him his true power, right before he had his energy drained by Yamu and Spopovich with that device used to get Buu out of that ball that kept him sealed for so long.

Gohan apparently never went SSJ2 when he fought Dabura for some unexplained reason, though he still would've been outclassed by the Demon King either way because of his lack of training, methinks.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on May 3rd, 2009 at 02:57 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2009 02:42 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

I agree when it comes to Buu using the Kamehameha, which he has on occasion, but with Cell, it seemed rather natural to me for some reason.

Supposedly because he was the most humanoid of the villains in his perfect/super perfect form stick out tongue?

Eh, not sure I agree with that. Vegeta's Final Flash against Perfect Cell was pretty freakin' epic, especially with the music given to it. That made it a lot more awesome than most of the other times he used it, even though it took him a lot longer to power up to use it the first time around.
The Gallic Gun was pretty cool as well though, but probably would've appealed more to me if it hadn't gotten cancelled out by Goku's Kaio-ken X4 + Kamehameha (or was it X3? I forget). Vegeta's first fight with Goku was the only time I remember him using it, along with Cell using it once in his semi-perfect form.

Well, it was Vegeta's first powerful attack that could stand up to the Kamehameha so stick out tongue. That's why I thought it was cooler.
Though the power he put into his first final flash even made Cell scared. So no wonder it took that long.

Because he's evil/his heart's impure. I thought you knew.

Apparently, not laughing out loud

Well, like I said, Cell can either use Solar Flare to blind Broly for a bit, or spawn some Cell Juniors to distract the legendary super saiyan long enough for him to do what he needs to do.

True enough. But he'd have to be in his super perfect form in order to dish out real damage against Broly.

On Namek, Krillen, kid Gohan, and Piccolo were able to distract Frieza long enough for Goku to prepare the Spirit Bomb, and on Supreme Kai's world, Vegeta, the fat Buu, and Hercule were able to distract Kid Buu long enough for Goku to do the same, so yeah.

PIS stick out tongue?

I tried to think, but seems I've forgotten myself as well. It's all just a blur now. laughing out loud

No matter, that show is ooold anyway. There's that new/remastered show out though. Dragon Ball Kai I believe.

I think he is to be honest. If he were as smart as most of the Z-fighters (and not as pissed off all the time), he probably would've broken free from Paragus's mind control device a long time ago. He also must've been pretty dumb for Videl, Trunks (from the present), and Goten to have lasted against him as long as they did in Broly: The Second Coming. I'm sure some Cell Juniors (or maybe even just one) could last against him even longer.

Perhaps it's his insanity that stops him from being rational like the others. As well as PIS that keeps the Z-Fighters alive stick out tongue.
Though honestly, the cell juniors (if spawned by Perfect) would be nothing but insects to him.

Yeah. Super Buu with Gohan absorbed was the mightiest Majin so to speak, but Kid Buu was easily the most insane/destructive because of not having any 'goodness' from those he absorbed before. By feats, Kid Buu actually beats Buuhan, but we all know DBZ characters (except non-canon ones like Broly) are determined by power scaling, not feats. Otherwise, we'd be saying Frieza is stronger than Cell because he's killed more people/destroyed planets.

In a manner of speaking, he is stick out tongue...well, no, never mind, by ABC logic, Trunks owned Frieza (even though he was in mech form), and couldn't own Cell's first form as easily even after so much training.

Was gonna say that Frieza > Cell's 1st form >.<

Ah, okay. I have the PS2 version as well, not the Wii. People stopped playing DBZ games with me by the time the first Budokai Tenkaichi was out, so meh. Budokai 3 was the last one I got to thoroughly enjoy with others.
Probably would've known about all that stuff you mentioned if I had the drive to keep playing Budokai Tenkaichi 3 as much as I did most of the others, but the introduction of King Cold as a fighter still kinda made it worthwhile for me.

As for that last part, me too. Am glad they did that with the characters though.

Ahh damn, and I thought there was another person who could discuss it with me stick out tongue

Never was really a fan of the Budokai games, because of their game structure being similar to most fighting games. imo, Tenkaichi's is better, since it's a 3D environment.

Heh. Hercule ironically, is one of my most used characters in every game he's in, especially the very first Budokai where he was kind of overpowered, but then he slowly became weaker and weaker with each following game, though he's still good nonetheless if you know how to use him right. I love what they did with that joke character for the most part.[/B][/QUOTE]

True. He's pretty good if you can use him right. Though he's worthless against Giant characters in 3.
He's like Dan, fun to use, but weaker when compared to others, overall.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post May 3rd, 2009 04:46 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Supposedly because he was the most humanoid of the villains in his perfect/super perfect form stick out tongue?

I guess.

Well, it was Vegeta's first powerful attack that could stand up to the Kamehameha so stick out tongue. That's why I thought it was cooler.
Though the power he put into his first final flash even made Cell scared. So no wonder it took that long.

Indeed.

True enough. But he'd have to be in his super perfect form in order to dish out real damage against Broly.

Yeah. He also has the Solar Kamehameha in his Super Perfect form, but again, this is spite since it's only Broly against regular Perfect.

PIS stick out tongue?

Either way, I don't see why it wouldn't work for Cell if he plays his cards right.

No matter, that show is ooold anyway. There's that new/remastered show out though. Dragon Ball Kai I believe.

Yeah. Not sure I'm even gonna watch that to be honest. At first I thought it was gonna be an actual sequel to DBZ that would redeem GT, but when it became clear that it was just a remake of DBZ, watching it no longer became a top priority of mine.

Though honestly, the cell juniors (if spawned by Perfect) would be nothing but insects to him.

And Videl, Trunks, and Goten wouldn't be? no expression A Cell Junior is stronger than any of those three, and I don't think Trunks and Goten even knew the fusion technique at that time, so yeah.

Of course Cell Juniors if spawned by regular Perfect would be nothing but insects to Broly, but if they manage to act as a diversion long enough for the real Cell to perform some super attack like the Spirit Bomb, then they still serve their purpose.

Ahh damn, and I thought there was another person who could discuss it with me stick out tongue

Never was really a fan of the Budokai games, because of their game structure being similar to most fighting games. imo, Tenkaichi's is better, since it's a 3D environment.

Yep, sorry to disappoint. I pretty much agree with that last part though.

True. He's pretty good if you can use him right. Though he's worthless against Giant characters in 3.
He's like Dan, fun to use, but weaker when compared to others, overall.

Yeah. =( Aside from him and Cell, I also use Piccolo, Android 18, and Bardock, out of pure favoritism I guess, not because of how good/cheap they are as fighters. >.> They're pretty badass, especially the latter of the three.

Old Post May 3rd, 2009 06:32 PM
dadudemon

Goku used the Spirit Bomb in SSJ form against Kid Buu. THAT'S what the due meant earlier by "I used to think that too."

Old Post May 3rd, 2009 09:33 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Ah yes. That's what it was! Thanks for refreshing my memory. stick out tongue

Old Post May 4th, 2009 04:37 AM
six6six
Droog

The Legendary Super SaiyaJin stomps.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 08:51 PM
six6six is currently offline Click here to Send six6six a Private Message Find more posts by six6six Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Based on feats, Brolly ruins. If were gonna get extra deep then we have to ask 1 question. Is the gang Brolly beat up stronger than SS2 Gohan?

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post May 4th, 2009 11:38 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

no

Old Post May 5th, 2009 01:40 AM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Broly

/thread

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post May 8th, 2009 02:58 AM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
six6six
Droog

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 8th, 2009 02:32 PM
six6six is currently offline Click here to Send six6six a Private Message Find more posts by six6six Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Did you draw that, six6six?

Old Post May 8th, 2009 03:06 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

lol I was about to say... Broly's hair isn't that long. I do kinda recall seeing something like this in Mugen though.

Old Post May 8th, 2009 05:27 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

2nd form Cell can easily be countered by and Android. I personally prefer 13. He was beastly in BT2. The S.S. Deadly Bomber was pretty broken. He had some pretty nice moves for his B2's. Chuck a Deadly Bomber at them while they are from a far and they pretty much have to block it. you can't teleport dodge it. If they get up close then just Super Explosive Wave their ass. 13's SEW was pretty cheap because unlike everyone else he didn't have to jump back and initiate it.

The cheapest tactic in all of the BT's has to be Ultimate Gohan from BT2 when packed right. Max his attack, UB and B2, Max Power Plus and a Halo for good measure. Go Max Power mode, Rolling Hammer and then just Violent Rush them. If they don't have an explosive wave then they're ****ed. You can just eat their back up until your max gauge runs down and either throw them or knock them back and do his Burst Rush. That is easily over 100k damage.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post May 9th, 2009 06:39 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Dunno bout BT2, but in 3, it's 2nd Cell's abilities that one of the cheapest (lack of performance against androids & giants hoses it)

Androids could counter, but they still lose some health from his Blast 2. There's still his ability to spam BBC and his physical attacks. Giants stop his Blast 2 & Throw dead in their tracks.

Cheapest in 3 has to be spamming Syn Shenron's more powerful Blast 2.

S.S. Deadly Bomber is almost broken in 3, tis a good thing Super 13 can't charge ki. DB is very hard to avoid, it's so huge >.<. Even out-running it is hard. His Ultimate Blast sucks though, you've to be right up close with them, though it's powerful, not to mention bada**.

___

That pic, is it of a non-canon SSJ3 Broly (no eye-brows, long hair)?
Pretty good nonetheless.

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on May 9th, 2009 at 07:44 PM

Old Post May 9th, 2009 07:39 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by I am who I am
Based on feats, Brolly ruins. If were gonna get extra deep then we have to ask 1 question. Is the gang Brolly beat up stronger than SS2 Gohan?
Broly beat up SSJ2 Gohan.

Old Post May 9th, 2009 09:43 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

A weaker one who had not trained in seven years.

But I digress.

Old Post May 9th, 2009 10:20 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

That pic, is it of a non-canon SSJ3 Broly (no eye-brows, long hair)?
Pretty good nonetheless.

Broly himself is a non-canon movie character anyway. SSJ3 Broly is just something fan-made.

Old Post May 10th, 2009 02:25 AM