KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Golem

Golem
Started by: VampirePrincess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
VampirePrincess
Moon Child

Golem

Golem in the Twin Towers was well down. I read they used a man who wore I believe a blue suit with small electric balls on the joint areas were they used his moments to creat Golem. That was an incredible feet expecially since your dealing in a natural enviroment and not a blue screen or black screen. I just thought the way Golem was made the camra directions which created like there was two Golems was great. Whats your thoughts?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2003 10:32 PM
VampirePrincess is currently offline Click here to Send VampirePrincess a Private Message Find more posts by VampirePrincess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Gollum, that is. and yeah, Andy Serkis played the movements of Gollum in addition to the voice. it's supremely done and I do think the character gollum should get some sort of award at the Oscars

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2003 11:03 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
narcil

i found they made him a much more sympathetic character than in the books. did others find that as well?

'Slay Evil Immediately'

-the Shinsengumi

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2003 05:39 AM
narcil is currently offline Click here to Send narcil a Private Message Find more posts by narcil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dejio

Award? My thoughts exactly. How about a new category?

Oscar Presentor:
"And now the nominees for the best CGI Actors are:
Yoda for Episode 2: AOTC,
Gollum for LOTR: The Two Towers,
Dobby for Harry Potter 2: The Chamber of Secrets,
and Jar-Jar Binks for Episode 2: AOTC."

"And the Winner is.....Gollum! for LOTR: The Two Towers!"

Gollum:
"We would like to thank the cast of LOTR especially Peter Jackson..OH NO WE DON"T! (gollum, gollum) ... oh yes we would.
We would also like to thank the jurors for giving us....
..our precioussss...
(while rubbing the Oscar statuette) ...so bright.. so beautiful.."

Last edited by Dejio on Jan 3rd, 2003 at 05:47 AM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2003 05:40 AM
Dejio is currently offline Click here to Send Dejio a Private Message Find more posts by Dejio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
webby

quote:
Originally posted by Dejio
Award? My thoughts exactly. How about a new category?

Gollum:
"We would like to thank the cast of LOTR especially Peter Jackson..OH NO WE DON"T! (gollum, gollum) ... oh yes we would.
We would also like to thank the jurors for giving us....
..our precioussss...
(while rubbing the Oscar statuette) ...so bright.. so beautiful.."

class. "we likes that we does..nasty tricksy jar jar nearly beats us, but we stabs out his eyses we did.....my precioussssssssssss" big grin

was certainly a great character and some very well done acting by serkis.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2003 10:42 AM
webby is currently offline Click here to Send webby a Private Message Find more posts by webby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

laughing out loud

Yes, Gollum was excellent. I found a really big picture of him and put him on my desk top. I've also made an excellent Gollum signature if anyone wants it. I was bored, but it still looks good. smile

Old Post Jan 4th, 2003 12:01 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

it musst be preciousss thu you...(gollum!!Gollum!!)
MURDERER....NO

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Jan 5th, 2003 05:45 PM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Onawien

Gollum, is ok, but it annoyed me when in THE TWO TOWERS gollum called sam a fat hobbit.
it was funny but poor sam.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 12:35 PM
Onawien is currently offline Click here to Send Onawien a Private Message Find more posts by Onawien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_Queen
Mistress of Evil

lol,poor sam
i think PJ portryed gollum as too...cute,i suppose.i imagined him to be much more sinister and cunning(as in the books).

i guess he didn't want 2 scare the kids!!lol

Dark_Queen

mmmm..precious..we wants it!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 12:40 PM
Dark_Queen is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_Queen a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_Queen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Onawien

yeh i know what you mean.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 12:44 PM
Onawien is currently offline Click here to Send Onawien a Private Message Find more posts by Onawien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

why shouldnt he have called sam fat? he had a strong dislike of sam in the books too

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 08:06 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

yeah...
gollum is one of my faivourites in TTT. EXTREMELY well portraied, in my oppinion. It's almost the same as i immagined him.
But i didn't see him actually telling the hobbits why that rope around his neck hurt so much :0..those damn elven hand makings

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 08:41 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PeekaReet
crazy little elf person

I didn't think Gollum was cute at all! :P he was good though.....Yeah, you know when he dives in the stream and chases after that fish? Poor Andy had to do that like five times before Pj was satisfied....in the middle of winter....Elijah wood said he got the chills watching, did you know they had to melt all the snow and crack the ice on the river? Poor poor Andy Serkis! big grin

Old Post Mar 14th, 2003 08:06 PM
PeekaReet is currently offline Click here to Send PeekaReet a Private Message Find more posts by PeekaReet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

And then Gollum got frostbite... evil face

My grandma described him as 'pure ugliness.' laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 17th, 2003 03:00 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote